• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Def Jukie

I am thinking of picking up the MK Arcade Kollection from GMG. What's the general consensus on these ports? Is this worth picking up?

Any opinions on Death Rally?

I got it for $1 from a promo they ran a couple weeks back, I actually really liked it. I played the snot out of it until I had pretty much done everything that could be done without unreasonable grinding like maxing fame out.

But hey, maybe I just thought it was great because it was a dollar. I also liked the original.

I had to play Death Rally with a gamepad, it was a mess with kbm.

Jzero

I got it for $1 from a promo they ran a couple weeks back, I actually really liked it. I played the snot out of it until I had pretty much done everything that could be done without unreasonable grinding like maxing fame out.

But hey, maybe I just thought it was great because it was a dollar. I also liked the original.
I wanted it but the $1 coupon doesn't work during the sales -_-

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Nice. I was hoping Alan wake would get a flash/daily. Gets my vote.

Edit- Anyone looking for Skyrim? PM me.

Carm

In case people interested in Two Worlds 2 are not reading the games forum, it has a nasty 3 activation limit before you have to beg someone with a DBZ avatar for more on their forums. Apparently changing any hw uses one up. I actually got a refund from Steam during last years summer sale, because no DRM was listed on the game page when I bought it.

Alan Wake is a great PC port and a graphically stunning game, especially at night. Some people grew tired of the combat but I actually liked it a lot. It's all about managing groups of enemies and keeping them in front of you. I highly recommend it.

I finished Alan Wake for the first time ever on my PC just a couple of days ago. It was a pretty decent game and it looks absolutely gorgeous. Only played it a night with everything maxed out. Jaggies were nonexistent and the game was smooth as greased lightning 98% of the time. The forests and overall environments in Alan Wake are really something else. There were two cases of terribad stuttering on episode 2 iirc, but it was an enjoyable experience overall. Just my two cents on the game.

Voted RE5 myself even though I might no buy it. Go for Alan Wake if you want the horror aspect/atmosphere over shooting and action. If you plan to play co-op with someone RE5 would be the clear choice, I guess.

Derrick01

Banned
Did the first 3 chapters of Spec Ops. Game is pretty damn cool although I haven't really got into a lot of story stuff yet. The gameplay was cool though, kind of tough for a modern game on normal and using sand to wipe people out is awesome.

Alan Wake is a great PC port and a graphically stunning game, especially at night. Some people grew tired of the combat but I actually liked it a lot. It's all about managing groups of enemies and keeping them in front of you. I highly recommend it.

Yea, Alan Wake was VERY fun. Highly recommend it as well!

Isaccard

Did the first 3 chapters of Spec Ops. Game is pretty damn cool although I haven't really got into a lot of story stuff yet. The gameplay was cool though, kind of tough for a modern game on normal and using sand to wipe people out is awesome.

I don't believe what I'm reading. Derrick praising a game? wat

What happend to Binary Domain?

It gets harder in the later chapters, though nothing too crazy if you're playing on normal.

I wish they had used the sand better. What's there is cool, but you've pretty much seen most of the tricks already.

Story is amazing though.

In case people interested in Two Worlds 2 are not reading the games forum, it has a nasty 3 activation limit before you have to beg someone with a DBZ avatar for more on their forums. Apparently changing any hw uses one up. I actually got a refund from Steam during last years summer sale, because no DRM was listed on the game page when I bought it.
Good to know. It doesn't say anything about a 3 activation limit anywhere on the store page, just that it uses Reality Pump DRM.

An-Det

That's a shame. The game looks right up my alley but dont want to deal with that shit.

jyoung188

Voted for Alan Wake.

I got Chivalry earlier today because I tried it at a friends house and was surprised how much fun I had, I've already put in about 3 hours and I'm fucking loving it. I actively dislike online competitive multilayer games but for whatever reason this one is really clicking with me.

Anyway, I figured I'd post it again because it's fun to have a lot of steam friends:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/jyoung188/

Feel free to add me :)

Carm

Good to know. It doesn't say anything about a 3 activation limit anywhere on the store page, just that it uses Reality Pump DRM.

Link to their forums talks about it, but a newer post says there isn't any, but that was back in august with no update when someone questioned them. Either way, I wouldn't trust a company that originally listed no DRM for a long time, not sure when they put up Reality Pump as the DRM.

So on the slim chance they really did remove the DRM, though it's still listed, you have to go register the game with them, another no no for me.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
Got The Walking Dead and Lone Survivor so far. Some of the dialogue/characterization in TWD is making me chuckle; still looking forward to playing the second episode. I've yet to start Lone Survivor.

xJavonta

Banned
Don't have any of the 3 options this time. I'd be happy if Alan Wake or RE5 wins, but I haven't beaten RE5 yet (finished Alan Wake on 360).
Isn't Beyond Good & Evil a fucking terrible port on PC?

I thought Psychonauts for the PC was a trainwreck? Someone confirm please.

Not at all. There's even a mod that adds xbox 360 controller button prompts in the game instead of the keyboard ones.

Gambit61

Voted for Alan Wake.

I got Chivalry earlier today because I tried it at a friends house and was surprised how much fun I had, I've already put in about 3 hours and I'm fucking loving it. I actively dislike online competitive multilayer games but for whatever reason this one is really clicking with me.

Anyway, I figured I'd post it again because it's fun to have a lot of steam friends:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/jyoung188/

Feel free to add me :)

Added. I could use more steam friends as well.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/gambitace61/

I bought SSF4AE, but when I try to play it I get a "Fatal Error" -1. I tried verifying the integrity of game cache and it says "1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired" but then doesn't seem to do anything. I tried deleting and reinstalling the entire game, but that didn't help and I'm getting the same errors. Any ideas?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I bought SSF4AE, but when I try to play it I get a "Fatal Error" -1. I tried verifying the integrity of game cache and it says "1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired" but then doesn't seem to do anything. I tried deleting and reinstalling the entire game, but that didn't help and I'm getting the same errors. Any ideas?

Seems to be GFWL-related.

Island

It's a gorgeous game with mountains of content, but you could probably complete most other games in the time it takes just to figure out wtf is going on. That aside, it really is fun though and very absorbing. You always have at least a dozen things to do and it can easily swing from a soothing exploration of the ocean floor to frantic madness as everything goes to shit and your beautifully crafted metropolis' crumble around your ears.

It does have TAGES however, and you'll only get the most out of it if you're online, which I can completely understand turning some people off.

Seconding this opinion of Anno 2070. It's kinda like Civ in a way, that there is always one more thing to do. The theme is cool, and it racks your brain in a good way. Its more of an economic and numbers sim though. Don't go in expecting huge naval battles or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom