• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
pid's easy mode update out

$7 on gmg
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/adventure/pid/
GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

wouldn't be a surprise to see it hit a daily though
This update reminds me of the extensive tweaking Lab Zero Games did with Skullgirls. Sounds like Pid's devs really went all out. This game is definitely on my radar again.
Well if you use steam it happens constantly. I guess people can see items you unlock so I've been spammed a lot with messages calling me names because I don't notice their messages wanting to trade items. Not that I would anyhow.
First time I've heard of this.

Max

I am not Max
Are Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat both worth playing?

SoC for sure. I could never get into the sequel because it was more open-world. But really try the first if you're the slightest interested and pick up the next one later

Make sure you look up the Complete 2012 mod

Just finished up Unmechanical. What a lovely puzzler! It's short and sweet, but I really dug it.

Reminds me a bit of Rochard, in gameplay and style. Both of those are good games.

baconcow

Are the STALKER games pretty horror driven and atmospheric?

From my playing of STALKER: SoC, the game (with the 2009 Complete Mod) is one of the most atmospheric games I own. Given that the game is about Chernobyl after the effects of a nuclear meltdown, there are a lot of horror-like enemies and creatures. Don't expect Resident Evil type horror, but the atmosphere (at highest graphics with the mod) is one of the best in my collection, if not. The world is well-populated and well-designed and with the help of the 2009 Complete mod, it feels very much like you're am a part of it.

For those wondering about Call of Pripyat, most hardcore fans of the series I've hear from on forums say it is the better game. However, the Complete mod for it does not make the same level of improvement as the game came better made out-of-the-box.

I wouldn't say horror driven but the atmosphere creates some horror elements.

I see. Ah well, too late anyway as I missed the deals. :p

From my playing of STALKER: SoC, the game (with the 2009 Complete Mod) is one of the most atmospheric games I own. Given that the game is about Chernobyl after the effects of a nuclear meltdown, there are a lot of horror-like enemies and creatures. Don't expect Resident Evil type horror, but the atmosphere (at highest graphics with the mod) is one of the best in my collection, if not. The world is well-populated and well-designed and with the help of the 2009 Complete mod, it feels very much like you're am a part of it.

Cool. I may still check it out soon regardless.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Sniper Elite is awesome. Buy it.

Awesome headshot gif:
http://i.minus.com/i3dy80EiDsFOx.gif

Sniper Elite has a shitload of potential, but I got so bored during the demo. And it had two missions.

I was just shooting and instantly restarting trying to get more shots - the actual gameplay didn't capture me.

Edit: Ball shot

SHuQF.gif

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Everybody should just download the Demo and try it out. Either that or play it like 20 times and then get bored like I did.

I think the "kill cam" technology is amazing, but the game just didn't pull me in.

So Two Worlds II... what's the word?

Nope.
It's far better than the first game, but still not worth anyone's time.

EDIT: Actually I take that back.

IIRC TW2 has an AWESOME spell-system where you can make ridiculous spells.
Like summon anvils to fall on people's heads and other stuff.
Okay yep it's true: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whWjC_lB5n0

Screw it, now I'm buying a copy. Also noticed that both the core game and the core game + expansion are the same price.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Two Worlds II is dope as fuck, great game with a lot of heart but an endearing amount of jank to it. The spells you can make are wicked though - played some co-op with a dude who was throwing and conjuring up trash. Just throwing broken barrels and shit at enemies. It ruled.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Nope.
It's far better than the first game, but still not worth anyone's time.

EDIT: Actually I take that back.

IIRC TW2 has an AWESOME spell-system where you can make ridiculous spells.
Like summon anvils to fall on people's heads and other stuff.
Okay yep it's true: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whWjC_lB5n0

Screw it, now I'm buying a copy. Also noticed that both the core game and the core game + expansion are the same price.

Well that was odd.

c0Zm1c

I really liked Two Worlds 2's magic system until I realised it's a case of stacking the same few cards to increase already known effects, then it quickly loses its appeal. Add to that a storyline that I didn't care for and a world that's boring to explore and it doesn't make for that great a game. All things considered I think the first game is better, even if it was flawed and a mess, technically. It had a better, more PC-friendly interface too, though I wouldn't recommend it due to the aforementioned flaws and technical issues. Reality Pump Studios can't quite hit the mark with this series. They have some nice ideas but the end result is always really clumsy. :(

Jedi2016

Don't the Community choices usually end up as a Flash deal at some point? So Walking Dead may show up again at 50%.

Or grab it from Amazon, it's the same price.

M*A*S*H

I'm always tempted by Anno 2070 but never enough to actually buy it. Anyone have impressions to share?

It's a gorgeous game with mountains of content, but you could probably complete most other games in the time it takes just to figure out wtf is going on. That aside, it really is fun though and very absorbing. You always have at least a dozen things to do and it can easily swing from a soothing exploration of the ocean floor to frantic madness as everything goes to shit and your beautifully crafted metropolis' crumble around your ears.

It does have TAGES however, and you'll only get the most out of it if you're online, which I can completely understand turning some people off.

Hoping The Witcher 2 gets just a little bit cheaper, as well as Devil May Cry 4. Those are the ones I'm really pulling for. And Dark Souls obviously.

A surprise Assassin's Creed III deal would also probably push me over the edge.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Hoping The Witcher 2 gets just a little bit cheaper, as well as Devil May Cry 4. Those are the ones I'm really pulling for. And Dark Souls obviously.

A surprise Assassin's Creed III deal would also probably push me over the edge.
The Witcher 2 will be, I'm sure of it. It was $7.50 on the Autumn Sale, I'd be surprised if it didn't reach that price here.

Any opinions on Death Rally?
Tried the demo and didn't like it. Definitely doesn't hold a candle to the 1996 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom