• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantasmo

You can't really be serious... There is no way you could even play it with a controller competently, hence the lack of controller support.

Well, then I just saved $10 :lol
Left 4 Dead was fine, but I guess it plays different to that huh?

I retired my mouse ages ago. Surround sound, HD, recliner gaming is the way to go

I just bought the walking dead for my brother, but now that I'm trying to buy it for myself Steam says that I already own it. WTF? The sale only lasts for another hour, help!

Ra1den

Oh tempted to grab that Tropico Trilogy. Never played any of these, I suppose I should start with the first one and go from there?

Bread

Banned
Maybe he's like me and doesn't want to play games online. In which case it's hard for to argue against a recliner and comfy 360 pad!
but...he wanted to play killing floor.

btw just so it's clear i'm a comfy couch gamer who uses kb+m along with controller, i just can't imagine totally ditching kb+m.

Anyone have an extra sale Borderlands 2 that they're willing to trade for?

I know it'll go back on sale before EOS but was hoping to play it without the wait.

Thanks!

only thing of interest so far is Dragon Age ultimate. think i'll hold off and see if it comes around a 2nd time (most likely).

its to the point where if theres a deal on steam....i check amazon ($5 credit) or GMG (coupons) to see if theres a better deal. and there usually is..

Oh tempted to grab that Tropico Trilogy. Never played any of these, I suppose I should start with the first one and go from there?

Play Tropico Reloaded if you want a challenge. Tropico 3 is the same with it except graphical updates and some small additions. Play it if you don't want to go crazy while waiting your buildings to be built.
Also don't be too democratic, a bit of fascism goes a long way.

linkent

Any chance for dark souls to be on steam $15?

I know about the amazon sales..
But this is the only game i want this sales and i also want the silly chrismas tree badge @.@

Probably a dumb question, but I havent played a fighter since Street Fighter II on SNES. Is Street Fighter IV a good fighter?
Depends on what you are expecting from this fighter. It'll generally teach you how to be a good SFIV player if you get good at it, but that is about it. The game is certainly better than SFxT. I can't stress that enough.

mannerbot

Oh snap. I read some posts earlier talking about one.

Yep...well nevermind then.

There is one. It's not for the complete game, it's for the base game alone (though if everybody also wants the DLC, it would still be cheaper to go 4-pack and then buy the all-in-one costume pack).

Soi-Fong

So.. A guy added me to trade. I didn't agree with his trade and he proceeded to call me a bunch of expletives from B**CH to N****R.

Some people really do mystify me in how can they honestly see that calling someone an expletive will help their case...

Ah Steam...

The proposed trade btw, was Brink, Fallout 3 GOTY and Rage for my copy of Far Cry 3 Deluxe. Hardly fair to me and really, out of the three games, I was only interested in Rage.

There is one. It's not for the complete game, it's for the base game alone (though if everybody also wants the DLC, it would still be cheaper to go 4-pack and then buy the all-in-one costume pack).

Oh no wonder.
I didn't click on the individual listing for SSF4 AE.

Already bought it....Oh wellz

There's a 4 pack? I don't see it on the steam store.

There's a 4-Pack in the Arcade Edition one:

82313270360202394663.jpg

Fantasmo

but...he wanted to play killing floor.

btw just so it's clear i'm a comfy couch gamer who uses kb+m along with controller, i just can't imagine totally ditching kb+m.

It looks like Left 4 Dead which is perfectly fine with a controller :shrug:

Anyway, when I was 14-24 you couldn't pull me away from kbm. Doom deathmatching and Incubus COMPET-N (which most of you youngins don't even know about), which was basically THE first keyboard/mouse game, all the way up to UT2004 where I'd squash fools with the Manta all day. I still have my old lmp files somewhere of completing all of Heretic on skill 5 with -respawn and most of Doom and Doom 2 levels from scratch on nightmare so I don't really need a lesson on KBM. Hell, I was better with ball mice than laser mice because I muscle-memorized a mouse-flick-pick-up-and-slam-down-to-stop-the-ball-180-degree-spin in Doom lol.

But after that I retired them. I'm 33 now. Gotta kick up the old legs and just chill hahahahhaha.

Besides, nowadays I don't even have a monitor for my PC. It's hooked directly to the TV. And 1) no KBM has enough length, and 2) Wireless KBM which is what I'm using right now and perfectly fine for GAF, is laggy as shit for online gaming.

TCKaos

Anyone have an idea of what The Walking Dead will be going for on the 360 when it goes on sale on the 28th? I want to get it, but I'd rather get it for 360 if I could, but I might get it on Steam if this is as low as it'll go.

So.. A guy added me to trade. I didn't agree with his trade and he proceeded to call me a bunch of expletives from B**CH to N****R.

Some people really do mystify me in how can they honestly see that calling someone an expletive will help their case...

Ah Steam...

The proposed trade btw, was Brink, Fallout 3 GOTY and Rage for my copy of Far Cry 3 Deluxe. Hardly fair to me and really, out of the three games, I was only interested in Rage.
That sounds more like the internet in general to me haha. Usually I hammer out any trade agreements on GAF before I even think of going to Steam.

Edit: One of those guys from the great $28 Bethesda firesale of 2012 too? Amazing

Sarquiss_

Ah Steam...

That sucks. Do you mind posting the guy's steam handle so others know to stay clear?

Ah Steam...

Someone from here?

jediyoshi

pid's easy mode update out

"In Pid's Easy Mode we have redesigned nearly all levels and maybe most importantly made all the boss fights shorter and more simple," Might & Delight writes on the Steam announcement. "We have studied the reviews and playthroughs on YouTube thoroughly to determine how we can create a version of the game that can be enjoyed by everyone. We have also reworked small parts of Normal Mode and the difficulty spikes that people encountered!"

$7 on gmg
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/adventure/pid/
GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

wouldn't be a surprise to see it hit a daily though

That sucks. Do you mind posting the guy's steam handle so others know to stay clear?

Well if you use steam it happens constantly. I guess people can see items you unlock so I've been spammed a lot with messages calling me names because I don't notice their messages wanting to trade items. Not that I would anyhow.

Caerith

Well if you use steam it happens constantly. I guess people can see items you unlock so I've been spammed a lot with messages calling me names because I don't notice their messages wanting to trade items. Not that I would anyhow.
You can make your inventory not visible to others under Inventory -> Privacy settings. Lots of tiers of privacy in there.

Red Faction Guerilla is the only game I want and it is never on sale.

They keep trying to shove that trite shit that is Armageddon down our throats all the time though; what does it cost now a penny?

Echoplx

Red Faction Guerilla is the only game I want and it is never on sale.

They keep trying to shove that trite shit that is Armageddon down our throats all the time though; what does it cost now a penny?

Don't think Guerilla is even sold on Steam anymore, the page is there but the purchase option is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom