• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

but...he wanted to play killing floor.

btw just so it's clear i'm a comfy couch gamer who uses kb+m along with controller, i just can't imagine totally ditching kb+m.

To be a PC gamer and ditch the kb+m entirely is a ludicrous proposition.

Jubern

I was, uh, sobering up for the last few hours and missed the Walking Dead flash deal. Do you guys think there might be a similar (or better) daily deal down the road?

I only have a Mac, so this would be one of the few games I really wanted é_è

xJavonta

Banned
I was, uh, sobering up for the last few hours and missed the Walking Dead flash deal. Do you guys think there might be a similar (or better) daily deal down the road?

I only have a Mac, so this would be one of the few games I really wanted é_è

Amazon will have it I believe on the 27th

ta9qi

Guys whats the problem with Beyond good & evel ? is it a crappy port , or outdated graphically,or gameplay wise, or what ? i voted for it cuz its the only one i dont have
also is it the best price it will be ?

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Guys whats the problem with Beyond good & evel ? is it a crappy port , or outdated graphically,or gameplay wise, or what ? i voted for it cuz its the only one i dont have

The PC version was pretty bad and I don't think it ever got patched.

Alex

I think it's an old, cruddy 4:3 port from back when it originally released and not the nicer HD one from consoles.

Not positive of that, though.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams for $6.30 on GMG, after using the 30% off code. Don't know if I'm comfortable with that price, but I want that game. Does anyone know how long that sale will last?

Codeblue

There's nothing wrong with being a Grimmie frand.

Anyone else vote for RE5? I know it's a long shot that it wins the vote. This game is never 75% off..

I did. Not that it matters since votes seem to come up on flash or dailies anyway.

Spookie

Picking up Street Fighter reminded me how fucking awful Games for Windows Live is.

Load game, can't copy pasta password from last pass, type it out, enter key, wrong password, change password, load game, enter password, enter key, download profile, wants an update, have to exit game to update, update, load game, login AGAIN, download profile AGAIN.

Who can defend this dog shit?

On a happier note. Only bought two games so far this sale. Might grab magic the gathering of it goes on sale.

So does anyone here have permission to invite me to Neogaf's offical steam group? I would love some more people to play with on steam as most of my friends don't game anymore.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think it's an old, cruddy 4:3 port from back when it originally released and not the nicer HD one from consoles.

Yeah, Ubi never got around to releasing a PC version of the HD remaster.

JaseC

The last two digits off my CD Key for Dark Souls are replaced by "..."

What in the fuck? Am I meant to guess?

Click "Copy key to clipboard" and paste it in.

Edit: And the key will be displayed in full when viewed via the in-game Steam overlay.

Lost track of this thread overnight.

Is 15 on Amazon the cheapest price for Dark Souls?

Also, is the 10 dollars for the WTF Games Pack (Darkness II + Duke Nukem Forever + Borderlands) the cheapest way to get The Darkness 2?

Any deals of Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena?

Hey, anybody have an extra Spec Ops key from the Desert To Sea bundle on amazon, or be willing to split that bundle? I already have both bioshocks and just want Spec Ops.

Orca

Seconding this opinion of Anno 2070. It's kinda like Civ in a way, that there is always one more thing to do. The theme is cool, and it racks your brain in a good way. Its more of an economic and numbers sim though. Don't go in expecting huge naval battles or anything.
Sounds really promising but after seeing my 'unplayed' Steam list recently I think I can hold off another sale or two and see if the price drops more :)

Echoplx

Also, is the 10 dollars for the WTF Games Pack (Darkness II + Duke Nukem Forever + Borderlands) the cheapest way to get The Darkness 2?

It will be $13 in January assuming you have the 5$ credit

Darkness 2 has been 5$ on Amazon twice in the past, might want to wait, it's not guaranteed though but yes that is the cheapest price right at this moment.

Riddick gets featured in nearly every sale so It's a pretty safe bet that it will show up eventually.

That is definitely the cheapest way to get Dark Souls.

There are no sale atm for Darkness II, it has been cheaper on Greenmangaming before though.

JaseC

Riddick gets featured in nearly every sale so It's a pretty safe bet that it will show up eventually.

Riddick is something of a wildcard; it hasn't been discounted beyond its general sale discount since last year's Winter Sale.

I thought Psychonauts for the PC was a trainwreck? Someone confirm please.

I've not had any problems with it, runs beautifully, not to mention it looks lovely at 1080p 60fps. You can also download a patch for a dualshock controller button prompts as well as the 360 button prompts mentioned in a post above. Buy it, because in some countries it's a criminal offense not to own this game.

Echoplx

Riddick is something of a wildcard; it hasn't been discounted beyond its general sale discount since last year's Winter Sale.

I seem to remember it getting a daily deal a few months ago, probably just my bad memory :p

EDIT: Looking at steamgamesales it seems you're right, damn. Such a good game too, deserves more buyers.

ta9qi

The PC version was pretty bad and I don't think it ever got patched.

thnx for the info's, i'll pass on it
hoping for an interesting deal to far cry 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom