• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkent

Really?

Ah whatever, figured this is the wrong place to get help with their incompetent service anyway. Thanks for nothing I guess.

Seriously..
If you didnt receive the email, it probably coz of it is being block.. Doesnt matter if you reques it for 100x..
With little bit of "thinking", you should either filter that spam or change another email..
Anyway i am probably just wasting my time replying to a troll..

snack

Will do. I was merely wondering if people here experienced something similar with Steam Support.
Well it is Christmas time so I'm assuming they must be getting flooded with support tickets. From my experience, they usually respond within a weeks time. But now that it's the holidays, and there are less staff manning the support lines, it'll probably take a bit longer.

Have you checked your junk mail?

Seriously..
If you didnt receive the email, it probably coz of it is being block.. Doesnt matter if you reques it for 100x..
With little bit of "thinking", you should either filter that spam or change another email..
Anyway i am probably just wasting my time replying to a troll..

Then why even bother. Obviously I am too retarded to follow simple instructions. It's completely impossible that their confirmation email, and subsequent welcome email didn't work.
But yeah, keep up the condescending attitude, really helpfull.
I just made an account and got my email instantly. Maybe something is wrong with your email provider?

I got the mail, but Steam didn't recognize the confirmation, despite sending me the welcome (account verified) mail.

Well it is Christmas time so I'm assuming they must be getting flooded with support tickets. From my experience, they usually respond within a weeks time. But now that it's the holidays, and there are less staff manning the support lines, it'll probably take a bit longer.

Have you checked your junk mail?

Yep, I received both confirmation and welcome emails, but my account was never verified, despite getting the popup that it was.

I guess I won't be able to use my Steam Wallet from Italy any time soon, so I'll just stop trying for now.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Nabs

Then why even bother. Obviously I am too retarded to follow simple instructions. It's completely impossible that their confirmation email, and subsequent welcome email didn't work.
But yeah, keep up the condescending attitude, really helpfull.

I just made an account and got my email instantly. Maybe something is wrong with your email provider?

This thread should have been locked with a moderator's warning. I have NO idea why they thought it fit to ban him for that. I get the taboo of what he was saying, but ban instead of lock with warning. Right...

From what was said he was already on thin ice. That thread was the final straw.

I do like him though, and his deals were great. Sad to see him go.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This thread should have been locked with a moderator's warning. I have NO idea why they thought it fit to ban him for that. I get the taboo of what he was saying, but ban instead of lock with warning. Right...

This is neither here nor there, but it's strictly against the rules for OT creators to be affiliated with the game in question, a line that's crossed when the OP works with a game's publisher to create its OT. Tony opens his post by saying "Hope this doesn't get super ban hammered", but in doing so he made it clear he didn't familiarise himself with the aforementioned rules.

senahorse

What's with the latest Lego Batman and the Lord of The Rings not having online CO OP? Do the PS3 and 360 versions have online CO OP?

None of the Lego games on PC have online co-op, sucks. However in this case (Batman and LOTR) they don't have online co-op on console either.

Sendou

Bought Scribblenauts. Apparently I can't play it because it's not out yet in Europe. Oh well 7,5$ is just too good to pass up. (Also summarizes the sales well; games that I want appear on Steam so much more expensive than competing stories)

Relax.MX

The end of the year sales are over for me...someone stole my car battery :( at least i have 6 usd of credit on GMG but good bye sales :(

That Amazon Scribblenauts price makes me regret getting it during the first dailies of this sale. I guess everyone has to have their first Steam sale regret sometime.

Rootbeer

Banned
Scribblenauts Unlimited purchased! Been waiting on a good deal for this one. Was really temped to get the Wii U version but there's no way i'll be able to get that game for $8 (even used 3 years from now).

I already owned LEGO LotR, got it for $20 a while back. I really love it, best LEGO game to-date.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
New Amazon deal: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45725181&postcount=450

Ubisoft, EA, 2k and THQ will be giving out $5 coupons if you bought one of their games from Amazon in 2012.

Looks like I'm good for an Ubi and 2K coupon. Short of Amazon snagging Steam keys for the Far Cry 3 DDE (and it going on sale, too), I'll have nothing to use them on, though.

Not region locked. Won't let you play until February though.

You can use a VPN to play the game in the meantime.

I think it's time a finally sign up to Amazon. So I need a US address, I'm not sure which states have no sales tax though.

Can anyone post an address?

dreamfall

Hmm, $5 coupons sound nice for Amazon. Would be neat to snag Saints Row III: The Full Package for $2.49! I bought it on Steam with no DLC during the Summer sale, and kept wondering why they never released just a total DLC pack. All those little bits of content really bugged me.

Xater

So who here is awesome and can help me out with a gift of Killing Floor? I don't want the censored German versin. :(

I also still have 2 DOTA2 invites if anyone wants in.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I could've sworn I bought a few THQ games off Amazon this year, but I'm not seeing a single one in my order history. Could've totally gone for a $5 Spec Ops too. Oh well, it'll hit that price eventually.

For the Amazon thing, it looks like I'm only eligible for a THQ and a Ubisoft coupon. Not sure what to use that Ubisoft coupon for though, would have much prefered a 2K coupon instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom