• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
OK GAF, you think you can beat me? I'll play Bad Rats right now! See you in a few hours ♥

dosh

Is it possible to send a gift via Steam to a person who isn't on my friends list? To make things more complicated, I don't have that person's email address either.

I own a lot less the most of the the regular "Steam gaf" and I think the magic ended too.

There was middle ground to be had. They didn't have to give free games out. And they didn't need to include a bunch of mega games that killed the bandwidth servers.

But cutting the indie games from being spotlighted in cheese hunts was a shit move. Not only does it make everything less fun, but those games now languish in the basement cellar during these sales. It's all about promoting the same shit over and over (and stuff the Amazon and GMG sells cheaper anyways).

EDIT: And I'm just bitter about this Harley Quinn DLC. Watching it download from the Live D/L manager at 2 k/sec. Seriously, WTF kind of shit are they selling here?

Aw man just because GFWL sucks dont take it out on Steam.

Natural Selection 2 sounds nice, but not sure I can convince friends to jump in on it with me.

Want: Blops2, Chivalry, CSgo

Just skip the other two and buy Chivalry immediately for full price, it's worth it, solved.

Latest patch sucks imo though, the game is slow as molasses now.

KarmaCow

because people like me had 7 alternate steam accounts and hoarded coal like there's no tomorrow and crafted shitty games with it?

I think that's why.

Yea by the time I cashed in my coals in the last Winter sale, all they had left were Valve games because people had farmed coal with alt accounts.

Jzero

because people like me had 7 alternate steam accounts and hoarded coal like there's no tomorrow and crafted shitty games with it?

I think that's why.
Shame on you >:eek:

I dislike when people fuck things up for the rest of us.

dave is ok

aztek is ok

I think that's why.
Cop-out reason.

They could have easily have given people the ability to win things only for the account completing the achievements, like they did Summer 2011

Salsa

is Scribblenauts cheaper anywhere else? I know its not out in some regions but im at $20 for the whole sale, lol

Is it possible to send a gift via Steam to a person who isn't on my friends list? To make things more complicated, I don't have that person's email address either.

LOL How do you think that would be possible? Are you going to say their name at your computer?

If it is because you cant give it to them now then just choose the "store in my inventory" option and give it to them later.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So starting up the game "Bad Rats", I got like 50 people laughing at me/the game.

It can't honestly be that bad :lol?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Making a promise right now. Credo already knows about this, but might as well copy and paste it here so that everyone will be living proof of this.

I, Yoshichan, will play ALL of the games (no exception) that I will get - be it me buying the game, or getting it gifted. And I don't mean "start the game up and then quit", I mean PLAY as in PLAY until I either get bored of it or beat it.

There. Done. I can't edit this out. GG.

I'm doing this too right now. Though a few games I've already only played about 3-4 minutes, cause they were that boring.

y9sPv.jpg

you assholes

I think that's why.

You're a bad person and you should feel bad.

What they should do, since you have to run Steam Guard now, is use the authentication process to identify which people are doing this. Then ban them from their main Steam account.

dosh

LOL How do you think that would be possible? Are you going to say their name at your computer?

If it is because you cant give it to them now then just choose the "store in my inventory" option and give it to them later.
Simply by using their Steam username (I have that). I don't see how that would be complicated.

erila

Neo Member
That THQ pack is awesome. Had a lot of the stuff in it already but still ended up being a bargain to pick it up.

Was after Wargaming: European Escalation too, so this has been a nice first day. Disappointed that there's no meta game, but can understand why they didn't do one.

Yoshichan

guys

what the living fucks am I playing?

metalshade

Salsa...

What's so bad about this anyway? I think it'll be the first game I'll actually play.

fE6Ai.png

Edit: Perfect post timing! ^^^

I just checked my friends list...yep...hes actually playing it.
Now that I think about it, this guy clearly has problems, maybe we shouldn't take advantage of his naive.....nah, thisisNeoGAF!

Tizoc

Asking once again:
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15349/
^Does this have Dawn of War 1 and 2 along with ALL their DLC and expansions?

Will soon make a list of stuff I wanna get from this Steam sale.

...also what's the deal with Scribblenauts Unlimited? I didn't know it was gonna be a PC release o_O.

vid

So I'll try again; is the steam version of Jet Set Radio worth it? The price is right.

And oh, if anyone has a good trade suggestion for Dead Island, I'm listening :)

Yes, even with it's single missing track, it's easily the definitive version of the game. Plays like a dream with a 360 controller!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
You're a bad person and you should feel bad.

What they should do, since you have to run Steam Guard now, is use the authentication process to identify which people are doing this. Then ban them from their main Steam account.

Well, it's not like I was scamming huge amounts of money out of the system.

I think aside from Dota 2 (which I redeemed and never played because cmon), the only other game I got was ArcaniA, which is still sitting in my inventory.

Everything else was shitty discount coupons. Also, each account only managed to get like 9 coals (enough for one crafting), since there were no games on the account for achievements to be made. All the real games I got (which, if I remember right, were Golden Axe, Pat & Mat and maybe a copy of The Ship?) I got on my main account. And they weren't that good either.

Those accounts were made for farming TF2 items, months before the winter sale and I never used them for that either.

Prezhulio

ack, can't believe they took guerilla down. i know it's been on sale many times before but one of the loose ends I would have liked to have wrap up in this steam sale.

hmm should probably jump on that darksiders 2 deal from amazon, but haven't finished the first yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom