• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
LMFAO, Wario just melt-downed on chat

Guess Bad Rats destroys you eventually!

Petrie

Banned
So Mark of the Ninja is $7.50 on XBL today, but it's only a one day deal. Do you think it hits any lower than that during the holiday sale?

If it hits the same price on Steam, it's still better for me from XBL because of 1/2 price points cards from Target Black Friday, so what do you guys think are the chances it hits sub $7.50 on Steam?

Toki767

So Mark of the Ninja is $7.50 on XBL today, but it's only a one day deal. Do you think it hits any lower than that during the holiday sale?

If it hits the same price on Steam, it's still better for me from XBL because of 1/2 price points cards from Target Black Friday, so what do you guys think are the chances it hits sub $7.50 on Steam?

It was already that price during the sale last month, so it probably will hit that price again.

I hope The Secret World goes on sale, that game looks really interesting but I refuse to pay over $10 for an MMO that has a monthly subscription.

Salsa

Itll be at least 7,50 on steam for sure. Is the xbla version 60fps?

drizzle

Axel Hertz

I think 7.50 on a platform that I know will always have the game available and playable, can be easily modded, has more control options and runs at a bigger resolution better than 3.75 on a platform where I don't know what will happen next year.

But that's just me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Time over? REALLY, TIME OVER?

You know what, go eat a big sausage Bad Rats. Fuck me, I'm not spending a single additional minute on this turd. God damn! Salsa, was your plan to give me a heart attack from raging at this game too much?

tg7Nt.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I restarted a game and now it won't let me do anything, can't even go to main menu. No objects to play with, lol.

I actually kind of enjoyed it, it's like Incredible Machine...

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I can narrow that down.

Toki Tori ($0.49)
Ghost Master ($0.74)
Broken Sword Trilogy ($1.99, separate games also 80% off)
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome ($2.49)
Bang Bang Racing ($2.49)
Blocks That Matter ($1.24)
Critter Crunch ($1.74)
Hard Reset: Extended Edition ($3.74)
Magnetis ($0.49)
Sequence ($1.24)
Sideway New York ($2.49)
SkyDrift ($2.49, includes DLC)
Wizorb ($1.01)

Those are worth checking out, y'all, especially Critter Crunch at that price. If you have money, you have no excuse. SkyDrift and Bang Bang Racing seem interesting to me but their demos weren't enough to make a solid call. If I had money I probably would have just got them because I have little self control with <$5 games.

Also, Zeno Clash.

Sianos

MEMORIES OF THE SUMMER

One of the best parts of the last sale was the GAF thread, looking forward to not playing any games I buy more shenanigans and contests of wit, skill, and eroticism.

Salsa

Time over? REALLY, TIME OVER?

You know what, go eat a big sausage Bad Rats. Fuck me, I'm not spending a single additional minute on this turd. God damn! Salsa, was your plan to give me a heart attack from raging at this game too much?

tg7Nt.jpg

you have not lived up to your promise sir

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
PS The Prince of Persia Complete Pack would be a real good buy if you don't have those games.

Yoshichan

you have not lived up to your promise sir
No, no, no, no, no Salsa! Read closely!

And I don't mean "start the game up and then quit", I mean PLAY as in PLAY until I either get bored of it or beat it.
At this point, I didn't even get bored to be honest. I wanted to punch my monitor in... I think that's reason enough to alt F4 (and it didn't even quit that way... had to manually go to the menu and click on "Quit". Fml).

The_Monk

Making a promise right now. Credo already knows about this, but might as well copy and paste it here so that everyone will be living proof of this.

I, Yoshichan, will play ALL of the games (no exception) that I will get - be it me buying the game, or getting it gifted. And I don't mean "start the game up and then quit", I mean PLAY as in PLAY until I either get bored of it or beat it.

There. Done. I can't edit this out. GG.

You know what, go eat a big sausage Bad Rats. Fuck me, I'm not spending a single additional minute on this turd.

Do all your promisses only last 30 Minutes? Uh, UH? Son, I'm disappointed....

You need to be MORE BORED! :D

Petrie

Banned
It was already that price during the sale last month, so it probably will hit that price again.

Didn't know it already hit that price.

Itll be at least 7,50 on steam for sure. Is the xbla version 60fps?

No idea, I've never been the type to notice such things. At all.

I think 7.50 on a platform that I know will always have the game available and playable, can be easily modded, has more control options and runs at a bigger resolution better than 3.75 on a platform where I don't know what will happen next year.

But that's just me.

Eh, I'm certain the game will always be available to me on my 360, and I've no intention of jumping on the next consoles for at least a year after release. Not to mention for me a game like this is a one time play-through.

I totally see the other perspective though. $5 just happens to be my upper limit for most downloadable type games.

PaulLFC

How's MUD TV? It's £1.99 (75% off), the idea seemed quite good when I read about it before release but the Metacritic reviews aren't great.

metalshade

No, no, no, no, no Salsa! Read closely!

At this point, I didn't even get bored to be honest. I wanted to punch my monitor in... I think that's reason enough to alt F4 (and it didn't even quit that way... had to manually go to the menu and click on "Quit". Fml).

Maybe you will enjoy my offerings more.
After all, how could it get worse.

Tizoc

Right so here are the stuff I wanna get from Steam, mainly waiting for them to go as daily deals:

The Longest Journey + Dreamfall
Warhammer: Space Marine Pack (Buying and gifting it by end of December)
Space Quest collection
Of Orcs and men (only if it goes for a VERY cheap price)
Chaos on Deponia
Ys games
Emerald City Confidential
Mirror's Edge
Jolly Rover
Hamlet
Ankh games
Chivalry
Culpa Innata
Rayman Origins
Critter Chronicles
Dragon Age and DA Awakening
Warhammer Dawn of War Franchise Collection

Yoshichan

Maybe you will enjoy my offerings more.
Going for that tomorrow! Browsing through some other games atm... I'm scared ._.

edit: Wait, nevermind. I'm actually gonna give Patricians a go now! But if I enjoy it (I might), I'll obviously continue it later~

Is boarderlands GOTY worth it? I am currently playing Boarderlands 2 and I hear its the same game but the majority of the complaints were fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom