• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
I kind of want the new Hitman game, but I also really don't want anyone to think that their horrible marketing team did anything close to resembling a good job. So conflicted.

If it helps the development team didn't do anything close to a good job either.

1-D_FTW

They really should put some warning about that Harley Quinn DLC. If I'd known it was a twenty step process involving all of the dark corners of Live, I never would have bought it. Or should I say, LIVE DLC code.

The_Monk

who wants it?

the most fruitful but above board response wins it.

MP3Zdl.gif

! (MGS Alert Sound) :p (I never played it and I feel bad for saying this)

Derrick01

Banned
So since I haven't enjoyed any past Hitman games I might like it?

In that case there's certainly a chance since they dumbed down so much of what made the past games special. So if you couldn't get into those then might as well give this a shot. It's certainly different enough.

Salsa

So since I haven't enjoyed any past Hitman games I might like it?

that's actually a good question. The bigger problems it has is that it deviates from the Hitman formula into more of a pure-stealth kinda game, so yeah you might enjoy it. Its different.

if you also got annoyed by the jank in previous games; this game has none of that. The best thing about it when compared to the older ones is that you always pull off the thing you want to do without the game getting in the way.

I was really hoping for a meta game this sale :(

I just bought Intrusion 2 solely from the Destructoid review's comparison to Gunstar Heroes and Contra. Will I be disappointed?

In that case there's certainly a chance since they dumbed down so much of what made the past games special. So if you couldn't get into those then might as well give this a shot. It's certainly different enough.

that's actually a good question. The bigger problems it has is that it deviates from the Hitman formula into more of a pure-stealth kinda game, so yeah you might enjoy it. Its different.

if you also got annoyed by the jank in previous games; this game has none of that. The best thing about it when compared to the older ones is that you always pull off the thing you want to do without the game getting in the way.

Thanks, I'll consider getting it. I guess it won't go any lower than what it already is on Amazon - anyone know for how long it's gonna be discounted?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Salsa...

What's so bad about this anyway? I think it'll be the first game I'll actually play.

fE6Ai.png

Odrion

Banned
Hitman Absolution is like Splinter Cell Conviction in that while their decision to change the style of gameplay is detestable, what they made in it's place is also aggressively mediocre/bad.

It's very pretty though.

1-D_FTW

Thats what happens when you already own everything!

I own a lot less the most of the the regular "Steam gaf" and I think the magic ended too.

There was middle ground to be had. They didn't have to give free games out. And they didn't need to include a bunch of mega games that killed the bandwidth servers.

But cutting the indie games from being spotlighted in cheese hunts was a shit move. Not only does it make everything less fun, but those games now languish in the basement cellar during these sales. It's all about promoting the same shit over and over (and stuff the Amazon and GMG sells cheaper anyways).

EDIT: And I'm just bitter about this Harley Quinn DLC. Watching it download from the Live D/L manager at 2 k/sec. Seriously, WTF kind of shit are they selling here?

dot

No coal metagame and the return of flash sales makes this a very disappointing year compared to last year. :/

Nothing that's interesting today. Ah well.

StAidan

OK folks, I've had a copy of Red Faction: Guerrilla in my Steam inventory ever since last years Christmas sale, and I never have any intention of playing it.

I don't know for sure whether it'll work since it's not up for sale anymore, but first person to quote me gets to find out!

dk_

OK folks, I've had a copy of Red Faction: Guerrilla in my Steam inventory ever since last years Christmas sale, and I never have any intention of playing it.

I don't know for sure whether it'll work since it's not up for sale anymore, but first person to quote me gets to find out!

eh

The_Monk

EDIT: Oh no oh no.

Oh yeah! Oh no...

stufte

que? *edit* :(

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I might get Prince of Persia (2008) - how's the PC version?

Looked great/ran great on my GTX 460.

Game is boring as fuck after the first couple of hours. You do everything you will ever do in the game within the first quarter of it, then the rest is repetition. No sense of progression at all. The only thing you unlock is various barely-different modes of automatic traversal using colored magical launch pads.

You will probably get $2.50 worth of fun out of it, though.

Concept17

Natural Selection 2 sounds nice, but not sure I can convince friends to jump in on it with me.

Want: Blops2, Chivalry, CSgo

Sadist

So I'll try again; is the steam version of Jet Set Radio worth it? The price is right.

And oh, if anyone has a good trade suggestion for Dead Island, I'm listening :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom