• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Might get American Nightmare while I'm at it. Is it good?

It has oh-so-slightly improved enemy encounters, but the game was clearly limited by the XBLA size limit, as there are only three small areas (which are repeated three times) and texture resolution ranges from decent to awful. That said, if you enjoyed Alan Wake proper, it's well worth playing through once.

Edit: Oh, and the story is rather ad hoc and consequently does virtually nothing to move the overarching series narrative forward. In the interest of avoiding spoilers, I won't dive into the particulars.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Trust only GAF is the motto! You're probably right! Train dilemmas have a new added layer of complexity, with praise from you!

It'll be an impulsive decision made in the final minute of the sale!

I have no worries for you. From what you said you wanted, you're going to really enjoy it. And you don't need the DLC - there's a TON of content built in. It's a delight, just watching the scenery run by and hear the sound of the tracks...good stuff.

Enjoy. :)

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'd like to remind everybody that wanted American Nightmare that it was on sale for $1.88 on Gamersgate a couple hours ago, thanks to the never disappearing (i hope) Gamersgate's System Sale bug. It's fixed now and back at the $7,50 pricepoint.

Steam redeemable also.

Salsa

I'd not say jealousy at all, I just feel sharing and gifted should be shared at Christmas and not directed at one person. There's hallways posts in here from people who say they can't afford some games but they get left while Yoshi builds up a huge collection without needing to open his/her wallet.

I just feel gifting would be nicer and more in the Christmas spirit if the sharing was divided.

I get what youre saying but I dont agree with it. Youre basically telling people "stop gifting this guy, spread it" when it is none of your business what people do with their money or who they want to gift games to.

Not only that but I assure you firsthand that there are many gifts being given that dont necesarelly get posted here, dont worry.

DagsJT

Trust only GAF is the motto! You're probably right! Train dilemmas have a new added layer of complexity, with praise from you!

It'll be an impulsive decision made in the final minute of the sale!

I keep going back to it too. I'm not sure how fun or interesting the game will be for me but it does seem to get praise from everyone who plays it.

Alan Wake was a really tense game. Good, but tense. I almost had a heart attack so I stopped playing it though. Thats when I discovered I'm not really fond of survival horror games. lol Which is funny since I like to watch dumb scary movies and shit. Oh well...

/noonecares

I care Luu I care

DagsJT

I get what you mean but I dont agree with it. Youre basically telling people "stop gifting this guy, spread it" when it is none of your business what people do with their money or who they want to gift games to.

Not only that but I assure you there are many gifts being given that dont necesarelly get posted here, dont worry.

Yep, fair points.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No. This is not the kind of support I'm looking for here on the NeoGAF.

Damn it. Okay... but if I don't like it, I will gift Bad Rats to you. I swear I will. I won't even think twice about it.

Good luck, I already own Bad Rats!

Sunflower Suicide Watch

It has oh-so-slightly improved enemy encounters, but the game was clearly limited by the XBLA size limit, as there are only three small areas (which are repeated three times) and texture resolution ranges from decent to awful. That said, if you enjoyed Alan Wake proper, it's well worth playing through once.

And I'm back to skip it mode again. You own Bad Rats, Sunflower? It would have been Nexuiz then.

I bought the Sims 3 for my girlfriend during the flash sale and went over and installed Steam and the game for her yesterday.

So this morning I check my email, and she gifted me a GTA game I wanted to play. Very nice of her.

But how do I thank her while telling her to wait for the daily deal next time?

Man, life is so hard sometimes.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Would you reccomend Arma 2 as a standalone experience? Seems quite janky from DayZ footage like I say, but I don't know if that's Arma 2 or if it's the effects of a (total conversion?) mod being applied on top.
No idea, I've only played the old Operation Flashpoint (called Cold War Assault now), so I don't know how the newer Arma games are. I loved OF, so that's the reason I want to get it along with the true sequels (heard that OF Dragon Rising and Red River are terrible).

By the way, I'm not interested in DayZ at all, lol. Doesn't look like something I'd enjoy.

legacyzero

Banned
Don't vote for Hitman. Besides being a disgrace to the franchise, Amazon is going to have it for $20 again on the 1st I believe which is $5 cheaper than what 50% off is on the Steam version.

Agreed. Out of the 3, Hitman is the lower of the quality depending on your tastes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
And I'm back to skip it mode again. You own Bad Rats, Sunflower? It would have been Nexuiz then.

No brainer at $3.74. Just buy it. You can do that or ALMOST buy a shitty fast food sandwich.

LuuKyK

I care Luu I care

iQ9LxsNk2L1hD.gif

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I bought the Sims 3 for my girlfriend during the flash sale and went over and installed Steam and the game for her yesterday.

So this morning I check my email, and she gifted me a GTA game I wanted to play. Very nice of her.

But how do I thank her while telling her to wait for the daily deal next time?

Man, life is so hard sometimes.

Let it go for now and bring up daily deals for the summer sales or something.

Well I'm not interested in the three 50% off titles, so what should I vote for?

No brainer at $3.74. Just buy it. You can do that or ALMOST buy a shitty fast food sandwich.

I have $30 in Steam credit and I'm trying to spend it as wisely as possible... $3.75 is dirt cheap but the way I see it that would take me down to about $26 and that could have an impact on future purchases that I would rather have made. :p

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I get what youre saying but I dont agree with it. Youre basically telling people "stop gifting this guy, spread it" when it is none of your business what people do with their money or who they want to gift games to.

Not only that but I assure you firsthand that there are many gifts being given that dont necesarelly get posted here, dont worry.
Gotta agree.

Only reason it's even noteworthy is because Yoshi is an attention whore, (lol) and always has been. I know for a fact that tons of other GAFFers are exchanging gifts left and right. Yoshi's just the only one that consistently posted about it in here because...well...he's Yoshi.

Peace and be jolly, friends. 'Tis the season.

Salsa

Gotta agree.

Only reason it's even noteworthy is because Yoshi is an attention whore, (lol) and always has been. I know for a fact that tons of other GAFFers are exchanging gifts left and right. Yoshi's just the only one that consistently posted about it in here because...well...he's Yoshi.

Peace and be jolly, friends. 'Tis the season.

I think its cool to thank publicly in the sense that you get an understanding on who the kinder gaffers are and whatnot

no need to go overboard tho, lol

pants

Went on a gifting spree yesterday. My CC company called me to confirm if i had indeed made these transactions lol

Petrie

Banned
You intrigued me with this so I googled his ID. He only has 82 games. But he also has a Steam rating of 1.1. And the vast majority of games are at 0 hours total. Fail.

This. I'm not sure how much one can appreciate games after the 50th is given to them.

Give them to someone who might actually play them. lol

People need to mind their own business regarding who gifts what to who.

How is your opinion even worth anything if it is strictly a gifter/gifted thing? Yoshi is getting gifts because people want to give him stuff, its not like he's stealing or begging or anything. He posts the gifts here to thank and let people know these users are kind. Dat jealousy that some here are showing is pretty disgusting, specially around christmas.

If he posts about it here, especially when it's an anonymous user who didn't want credit, we're welcome to give our opinion.

I think its cool to thank publicly in the sense that you get an understanding on who the kinder gaffers are and whatnot

no need to go overboard tho, lol

But in this case the user was anonymous so that wasn't even accomplished. Just Yoshi attention whoring.

hey guys If I have half life 2 and than buy half life complete will i recive extra copy of half life 2? Because it says

Users who own “Half-Life 2” and go on to purchase “The Orange Box” or the "Valve Complete Pack" will receive an extra copy of “Half-Life 2”.

but when i go to check out it says i will NOT get extra COPY so ?

Xanathus

I was about to donate a thousand bucks to starving children in Africa but it looks like giving Steam games to Yoshi-can is a greater cause.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I was about to donate a thousand bucks to starving children in Africa but it looks like giving Steam games to Yoshi-can is a greater cause.
lmao
Went on a gifting spree yesterday. My CC company called me to confirm if i had indeed made these transactions lol
Same happened to me last year and my CC got lockedown when I was in the middle of the mall. Only noticed when it got declined after a whole shitload of stuff had been rung up.

Yeah this year I called beforehand and let them know there would be some charges coming up, hahaha.

I have $30 in Steam credit and I'm trying to spend it as wisely as possible... $3.75 is dirt cheap but the way I see it that would take me down to about $26 and that could have an impact on future purchases that I would rather have made. :p
I know the feeling. I've got $16.27 in my wallet, but I'm not spending anything because I'm waiting for 50% drops on MotN, FTL, Castle Crashers, Deadlight, etc. Any of those two would cut it pretty close. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom