• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrie

Banned
Whatever, it's fine. I'll stop.

Some people have checked my chat logs and knows that I don't appreciate gifts. This is clearly the case.

See you SteamGAF.

I don't think anyone said you don't appreciate them. I'm certain you do. I just don't think you can appreciate your 1000th gift as much as someone else would their 1st.

Half Minute Hero and They Bleed Pixels any good? Both look interesting, but I'd like to hear some impressions first before taking a bite.

Half Minute Hero (the Hero 30 portion anyway) is fucking hilarious. It's basically a whole adventure that you can wrap up in the space of 20-150s (it has a time pausing mechanic, so it isn't quite 30s as you're lead to believe). It even has an ending credits for every quest you beat.

Check it out if you grew up on JRPGs. If not, the irony is kind of lost but its still really solid. Also, use the 16bit artstyle. It's the true way to experience the game

Half Minute Hero is basically a parody of JRPGs. It's composed of entire JRPG games compressed into 30 seconds. If you liked playing any older JRPG you'll enjoy it.

is the scribblenauts game really going to be this fun? i watch totalbiscuts video and he made it looks fun, but at the end i am not sure this game appeals to me.. convince me gaf!

GAMERG0D

Hitman will be $20 on Amazon from the 30th - 5th. Dishonored and Borderlands 2 were already 50% off earlier in Daily Deals. Stupid choices.

Petrie

Banned
To buy or not to buy half minute hero. It's strange that if it was $2.50 it'd be a no brainer, but somehow that extra $1> is holding me back!

What's wrong with me!

Necrovex

Need some help regarding Binary Domain. I messed around with the configs, and I placed the controller input to pad, however all of the buttons are in messed up places. My right thumb stick won't work, the start button is shooting. Could anyone provide me with assistance on how to fix this issue? I quite want to replay Binary Domain on my PC.

dreamfall

Are there any North West England routes for Train Simulator 2013?

EDIT:

WELL FUCK! You said England! There seem to be ton there, totally thought you just meant North West Stateside! A ton of the tracks are set in England. Newcastle, York, Bath and a fictional "Hedborough North, UK."

I was checking the Default scenarios online- they've got the Barstow routes through California I think. It also looks like they've got a fictional US route called "Castle Rock Railroad." Then they had the standalone Train/Zombie New York routes.

The DLC has a West Coast Mainline route and an set of Ohio scenarios!

Oh, so many trains, so much DLC, and yet?!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Might jump on ARMA 2 at -50% for £12.49, but I dunno. It kind feels wrong, as I have no interest in what appears to be from DayZ footage, a really janky military game. Do we have any information on how far DayZ is from being a standalone game?
What I hate is how they remove the Arma X: Anniversary Edition from the store every time there's a sale. It's like they don't want me to buy all their games, even though that's the only way to get Arma 1. Well, if that's how they wanna play, maybe I'll only pick up Cold War Assault (Operation Flashpoint) and never get the others. Their loss.

metalshade

People seem to forget that the gifter chooses who to gift to, Yoshi gets them coz people WANT to gift him. If you aren't getting gifted to, maybe you are doing it wrong. I'm unlikely to gift you now I've seen the fuss you've made for instance.

Also, just because the circumstances lend themselves so well:
Yoshichan I choose you!
(Interesting side note, I have never actually seen Pokemon.)

Torraz

To buy or not to buy half minute hero. It's strange that if it was $2.50 it'd be a no brainer, but somehow that extra $1> is holding me back!

What's wrong with me!

Same here. Odd the power of 1 buck can have. Also still struggling with the decision whether to buy the dawn of war collection.

therapist

Shit i missed the sniper elite sale by about 30 seconds...was in my cart , at work got a call which caused me to not hit checkout in time....god damn you work.

Voted borderlands 2

Raxus

I swear to god I have to worst luck with Hotline Miami. I tried voting for it on steam and it (somehow) lost. I tried getting it on another site but it didn't accept paypal. Now I can't log into gamersgate.

I have tried GAF. Can someone just gift me the game. I will love you forever.

Maybe it's time to play my Borderlands 1 GOTY that I bought last year....
I still haven't played Borderlands since I didn't have a capable rig until a couple of weeks ago. It is probably the number one reason I don't see any use for my Borderlands 2 code right now. I'm going to play the crap out of Borderlands before I move on to the sequel.

Torraz

I swear to god I have to worst luck with Hotline Miami. I tried voting for it on steam and it (somehow) lost. I tried getting it on another site but it didn't accept paypal. Now I can't log into gamersgate.

Miami probably lost because it has been at that exact price point several times in the last two months, heck even at the beginning of December due to steam big picture mode launch.

---

So how do I as a EU based person play my preloaded scribblenauts? Do I have to first "unlock" it with a VPN before I can use this "drm-free" .exe file?

Risgroo

Nice, Morrowind and Oblivion were among my most wanted games for this sale. If New Vegas Ultimate and AC: Revelations get 75% off I'll be very pleased with this sale.

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member

I ended up picking it up on gamefly because I am impatient, but I can almost guarantee it will be either a flash deal or daily deal on steam for $5 during this sale.

SilentSilas

Neo Member
Well, poop. This is probably the third or fourth Steam sale that I've forgotten to keep a few bucks aside to buy Oblivion. I really have no clue how I've managed to do this.

Oh well. I snagged Torchlight 2, Ys Origin, Ys Oath of Felghana, Dragon Age Origins UE, and Scribblenauts for a total of... I think $33? I'll just pretend the steam sale doesn't exist for the next few days.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What I hate is how they remove the Arma X: Anniversary Edition from the store every time there's a sale. It's like they don't want me to buy all their games, even though that's the only way to get Arma 1. Well, if that's how they wanna play, maybe I'll only pick up Cold War Assault (Operation Flashpoint) and never get the others. Their loss.

ARMA X was up during the Autumn Sale. 40% off, IIRC.

Dawn guard worth it for $10?

I'd say so. I just picked it up for the same price during the Fall sale and just finished it up. If you enjoy Skyrim and want more content, its a good choice. It adds a good follower, has some really stunning new environments to explore and adds a decent amount of content to the main game, like the vampire and werewolf perks and crossbows.

For $10 its a good deal if you want more Skyrim.

The_Monk

I really don't see the fuss against Yoshi.

He's a cool GAFfer, we often talk, he never gifted nothing to me, I don't expect it to.
It's Christmas, fellow GAFfers, be kind to each other. No need to feel angry or jealous. ;)

Looking at Oblivion, I remember there was that mod called Oldblivion right? Does it make a big difference?

1-D_FTW

I don't think anyone said you don't appreciate them. I'm certain you do. I just don't think you can appreciate your 1000th gift as much as someone else would their 1st.

You intrigued me with this so I googled his ID. He only has 82 games. But he also has a Steam rating of 1.1. And the vast majority of games are at 0 hours total. Fail.

blazeuk

Might jump on ARMA 2 at -50% for £12.49, but I dunno. It kind feels wrong, as I have no interest in what appears to be from DayZ footage, a really janky military game. Do we have any information on how far DayZ is from being a standalone game?

It was £9.99 on Bohemia's store last week (non-steam and steam version), i'm surprised they didn't offer it at the same price through Steam as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom