• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcynika

hey guys If I have half life 2 and than buy half life complete will i recive extra copy of half life 2? Because it says

Users who own “Half-Life 2” and go on to purchase “The Orange Box” or the "Valve Complete Pack" will receive an extra copy of “Half-Life 2”.

but when i go to check out it says i will NOT get extra COPY so ?

Half Life Complete is not The Orange Box or the Valve Complete Pack, so I assume no.

LuuKyK

This. I'm not sure how much one can appreciate games after the 50th is given to them.

Give them to someone who might actually play them. lol

If he posts about it here, especially when it's an anonymous user who didn't want credit, we're welcome to give our opinion.

But in this case the user was anonymous so that wasn't even accomplished. Just Yoshi attention whoring.

lol Are we really doing this? He is not the only one receiving gifts you know, he is just the one posting about receiving them. Wth guys...

Salsa

gonna start gifting yoshi a game every time petrie posts something regarding "gift someone else!"

gonna start gifting him a game for every game he doesnt play too

seriously what the hell people, shut up and mind your own business

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
gonna start gifting yoshi a game every time petrie posts something regarding "gift someone else!"

Just for that, I'm gifting petrie right now. Dragon Age 2 because when you press a button something awesome happens.

pants

lmaoSame happened to me last year and my CC got lockedown when I was in the middle of the mall. Only noticed when it got declined after a whole shitload of stuff had been rung up.

Yeah this year I called beforehand and let them know there would be some charges coming up, hahaha.

A nice lady called and listed all the purchases I made. I'm so glad I didn't buy anything with ero sounding names as I could tell just from her tone of voice she was a conservative lady and in her mind probably wagged her finger at my many gaming purchases lol

(I gifted like 12 games xD)

You guys are really making a bigger deal out of this than it should be.

Someone be a dear and gift me $25 worth of games. I'll gift you Borderlands 2 in return dammit. =0^___^0=

How people giving and receiving gifts can turn a thread to shit so quickly is mindblowing, especially around christmas. Can we go back to complaining about the sales please?

1-D_FTW

This thread really has gone downhill and we need to change direction quickly.

But I can't let that quote pass. Cause you're doing the same thing.

Ok, my Steam client is acting up. I'll add some things to my cart, click on something in the store, and instead of going to that thing I'm redirected to the front page and my cart is emptied. This has happened 3 times now.

Sorry if it has already been discussed.

Petrie

Banned

Well I genuinely mean someone else. I don't want them, my backlog in big enough as it is.

When it gets posted about on a public forum, it becomes others business, and they're free to express their distaste for goodwill going where it is less appreciated. Diminishing returns and all that.

Anywho, dropping it from here on out. Gift Yoshi the entire Steam library. Let's take up a fund!

Just for that, I'm gifting petrie right now. Dragon Age 2 because when you press a button something awesome happens.

DA2, gross!

Is that even on Steam? *checks*

Salsa

This thread really has gone downhill and we need to change direction quickly.

But I can't let that quote pass. Cause you're doing the same thing.

well sure, but my reasoning is for it to stop, cause ignoring it for a couple pages didnt work

anyway as yian said, lets roll back to complaining about the sales

kennah

LOL. Seriously? I bought Scribblenauts for 7.50 and Amazon sent me a $5 credit? Ok. I guess!

Edit: $10 to Airmech too? What is Airmech. Should I care?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Man, I just keep losing these community votes... like usual lol. Haven't been on the winning side yet and that's sure isn't going to change any time soon with me voting against Borderlands

I'll get you eventually FTL and Hotline Miami!

Ok, my Steam client is acting up. I'll add some things to my cart, click on something in the store, and instead of going to that thing I'm redirected to the front page and my cart is emptied. This has happened 3 times now.

Sorry if it has already been discussed.

It happens to everyone every once in awhile.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
LOL. Seriously? I bought Scribblenauts for 7.50 and Amazon sent me a $5 credit? Ok. I guess!

Every digital purchase made this holiday will give you one 5 buck discount code on games purchased in January.

Only one code per purchase though.

Some people have like 15 of those.

Petrie

Banned
SHUT UP, EVERYONE SHUT UP RIGHT NOW AND BUY SOME GIFTS.Sure. Also send me your steam deets in a PM. You too pietre, PM me your steam details and I will seriously gift you.all of them

I'm seriously not trying to get gifts. I appreciate the sentiment, but I genuinely just like seeing generosity spread over the holidays, that's all. It isn't jealousy as some posters believe.

Every digital purchase made this holiday will give you one 5 buck discount code on games purchased in January.

Only one code per purchase though.

Some people have like 15 of those.

NOOOOOOO Unfair. I missed the DarkSiders 2 Amazon sale. It looks amazingly priced for all the DLC and the game.

Do these sales have an effect on how much game developers make on the sales? I don't think it would but I know nothing about it.

NOOOOOOO Unfair. I missed the DarkSiders 2 Amazon sale. It looks amazingly priced for all the DLC and the game.

Do these sales have an effect on how much game developers make on the sales? I don't think it would but I know nothing about it.
They make it so that people who never would have bought the game actually do?
Alan Wake is tempting. So is the Half Life pack.
Feel free to jump in. The game is gorgeous and I feel it doesn't overstay it's welcome. The music is great and it also plays like a dream for the most part.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
ok last question for today should I play half life 1 before 2 and E1+E2?

It's not required viewing as Half-Life 2 is set many years later and in different locales, plus you learn of the key events throughout the campaign. That said, it's still considered to be a worthwhile experience even after all these years, and if you'd prefer you can play Black Mesa instead (the Xen levels aren't included, though).

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Why is there no pirate games on sale

Age of Booty
Risen 2
Escape from Monkey Island & Monkey Island 2
Tales of Monkey Island
Sid Meier's Pirates!

What else is there? I'm kinda in the mood for some pirate themed gaming now that you've mentioned it.

Maxim726X

Who here wants Just Cause 2 and Supreme Commander 2? I'll trade them both for a copy of Half Minute Hero.

I'm trying not to spend any money... But that's one game I really want.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there any chance Dawnguard will go beyond 50% off?

It's possible insofar that there are no forces at work that render it impossible, but it's very, very, very unlikely. (The DLC being discounted further won't happen unless Bethesda stuffs up.)

Raven77

Guys me and Josh are dying to play some awesome games like Bad Rats. Josh is over here, he's got Phalansindroidtitus so he can't afford to buy games.

kamikazee_cowboy

For every game I get, I will donate a joke, for free, to "Comedy Saves", a charitable fund started by my friend Josh.

This. I'm not sure how much one can appreciate games after the 50th is given to them.

Give them to someone who might actually play them. lol

If he posts about it here, especially when it's an anonymous user who didn't want credit, we're welcome to give our opinion.

But in this case the user was anonymous so that wasn't even accomplished. Just Yoshi attention whoring.

You are acting like a real petulant jerk man. Seriously, begging for freebies (lets face facts, that's what you're doing) is not becoming. Don't hide behind the false veil of altruism either, it's very clear that YOU are the one who feels hard done by here.

Petrie

Banned
You are acting like a real petulant jerk man. Seriously, begging for freebies (lets face facts, that's what you're doing) is not becoming. Don't hide behind the false veil of altruism either, it's very clear that YOU are the one who feels hard done by here.

That isn't "very clear" at all. I've already refused offers of gifts in this very thread, hell, on the last page. My friends have been more than generous to me.

Please don't make false assumptions about my motives. Some people have a genuine wish to see goodwill spread around during the holidays. It isn't always about getting theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom