• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

I've still to this day never touched the first Half Life game.

Maybe I should change that. Wonder how it holds up with no nostalgia.

You could try black mesa if HL aged too much for you but its a really different experience. Id say that beyond the graphics half life holds up pretty damn well

kennah

Airmech is F2P. What do they give you for $10?

Holiday Gift Pack
Striker AirMech, bonus "Tomcat" Variant
Chopper AirMech, bonus "Apache" Variant
MoneyMaker (produces Credits), Armadillo (light tank), Archy (artillery)
10 Days Experience and Kudos Boosts - +80% for yourself, +20% for other players

Petrie

Banned
You could try black mesa if HL aged too much for you but its a really different experience. Id say that beyond the graphics half life holds up pretty damn well

I've never needed graphics to enjoy a good game. Might boot it up, see what all the hype is about!

Steam backlog, go!

Sorry pal, that's just the way it came across to me. But hey, let's not get bogged down in this discussion.

I could see that. No worries.

That isn't "very clear" at all. I've already refused offers of gifts in this very thread, hell, on the last page. My friends have been more than generous to me.

Please don't make false assumptions about my motives. Some people have a genuine wish to see goodwill spread around during the holidays. It isn't always about getting theirs.

Sorry pal, that's just the way it came across to me. But hey, let's not get bogged down in this discussion.

In the interest of Christmas cheer:

First to quote gets a Binding of Issac + Wrath of Lamb dlc steam key

By the way, is the Sleeping Dogs DLC worth getting? I bought the game for $11 already and now I'm just waiting for the daily deal to get the rest of it for cheap. Also crossing my fingers for X-Com at under $20. Come on baby.

KPJZKC

!

EDIT

Actually I'll let someone else grab it, I'm only missing the DLC so I'll just grab it myself :)

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.

Oh I'd love the dlc if it's separate!

edit : ^^ moot

edit 2 : "You already own Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb" - I have a problem.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I know people do other things aside browse gaf for deals, but cmon people. Most of the things you're asking was already on sale.

American Nightmare was on sale today for $1.88 for like 2 hours on Gamersgate because of a mistake.
Sleeping Dogs was essentially 6 bucks on Green Man Gaming (6 bucks credit on the store plus some discounts) for like two days.
Skyrim and Dishonored were specially cheap 2 days ago (except I got called all kinds of names when I was selling them for 15 and 10 bucks respectively, because apparently that's the worst thing a human being can do in this thread).

Gotta be on your toes these days to get a hold of them deals!

legacyzero

Banned
Does a grown man have any reason to buy Scribblenauts?
image.php

drizzle

Axel Hertz
No, a Grown Man should be working and taking trips and being responsible and having a wife and kids.

This fucking videogames nonsense is for teenagers only.

Ah these goddamn teenagers!

You, build me a chair!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
They make it so that people who never would have bought the game actually do?

Feel free to jump in. The game is gorgeous and I feel it doesn't overstay it's welcome. The music is great and it also plays like a dream for the most part.

both are must haves IMO. Specially half life considering you are new to PC gaming.

Alan is on my wishlist, and HL I have always wanted to play(only barely touched HL2 for 360). But I would go over my self-imposed budget. I will probably end up getting both of them.

By the way, is the Sleeping Dogs DLC worth getting? I bought the game for $11 already and now I'm just waiting for the daily deal to get the rest of it for cheap. Also crossing my fingers for X-Com at under $20. Come on baby.

I read that the non-cosmetic DLC is on the short side. The Vampire theme one I hear is 2 hours, and you are doing the same thing over, and over. The racing theme one, is like 3 races or something like that.

1-D_FTW

It's actually kinda charming from what I've played. But I'd say only buy if you can bring yourself to be goofy and not go for obvious solutions. If you're incapable of doing that, it's not for you.

3 or 4 of the dlcs sound worth getting and net a couple of hours of extra fun and gameplay. Most of the dlcs are stupid skins, tattoos, clothes and other crap. When Sleeping Dogs goes on a daily, browse ALL dlcs before deciding.

1-D_FTW

Will Race Driver: GRID go on sale ? I am dying to buy that game. (not for $10 though)

Probably be a Codemaster daily sale. They don't aggressively price their games like they used to, but they've still usually had one day where things are all lumped together for decent discounts.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Are The Signal and The Writer DLC included with Alan Wake or do I have to buy the collector's edition?

The former. The CE just contains misc extras.

Edit: In-game developer commentary videos, a PDF version of the Alan Wake Files, and an MP3 version of the soundtrack, to be precise.

Jackben isn't messaging me. . . anyone want a free pass for Guess Pass: Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 or Guest Pass: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - GOTY.

I just gifted this to JasonFrost 3 days ago and he already played 20 hours and is ranked 4th on the World Record List of Bad Rats...

Did I do him a favor or what?

nlJrD.jpg

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Half Minute Hero and They Bleed Pixels bought. Now I'm debating between trying Scribblenauts or playing the xmas episodes from Jazz Jackrabbit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom