• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
To buy or not to buy half minute hero. It's strange that if it was $2.50 it'd be a no brainer, but somehow that extra $1> is holding me back!

What's wrong with me!

Haha that's what I'm doing too. I haven't made a purchase yet this sale and when something I'm kind of interested in hits <$5 and I'm still waffling. Another sypmtom of the Steam Sale Syndrome.

Raxus

Thanks Yoshi!

HotlineMiami_zps12ca8506.png

AlexBasch

Alan Wake won? Shit yes, a crucial buy for me on this sale, I might add another $5 and wait for something more to get, but this and yesterday's Binary Domain were my targets.

How long does the community vote lasts, 8 hours?

I still haven't played Borderlands since I didn't have a capable rig until a couple of weeks ago. It is probably the number one reason I don't see any use for my Borderlands 2 code right now. I'm going to play the crap out of Borderlands before I move on to the sequel.

Just be aware when you're playing it that it is a clunky port. The menu interfaces don't use keyboard and mouse conventions and it uses GameSpy for MP. The sequel is a much better port. The menus are still a little weird though.

ksdixon

What I hate is how they remove the Arma X: Anniversary Edition from the store every time there's a sale. It's like they don't want me to buy all their games, even though that's the only way to get Arma 1. Well, if that's how they wanna play, maybe I'll only pick up Cold War Assault (Operation Flashpoint) and never get the others. Their loss.

Would you reccomend Arma 2 as a standalone experience? Seems quite janky from DayZ footage like I say, but I don't know if that's Arma 2 or if it's the effects of a (total conversion?) mod being applied on top.

Wow didn't all these deals show up day one as dailys? I think Dishonored was second or third day. And I just bought Half Life Collection thanks to another Gaffer pointing out it was 75% off. And I missed another give away. Maybe I should let my parents starve. I could get a free game.

Elginer

Alan Wake won? Shit yes, a crucial buy for me on this sale, I might add another $5 and wait for something more to get, but this and yesterday's Binary Domain were my targets.

How long does the community vote lasts, 8 hours?

Alan Wake looks amazing on PC. You will be pleased!

Derrick01

Banned
Don't vote for Hitman. Besides being a disgrace to the franchise, Amazon is going to have it for $20 again on the 1st I believe which is $5 cheaper than what 50% off is on the Steam version.

Salsa

People need to mind their own business regarding who gifts what to who.

How is your opinion even worth anything if it is strictly a gifter/gifted thing? Yoshi is getting gifts because people want to give him stuff, its not like he's stealing or begging or anything. He posts the gifts here to thank and let people know these users are kind. Dat jealousy that some here are showing is pretty disgusting, specially around christmas.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
I'd like to pick up Dawnguard, but I haven't played Skyrim in probably a year. On the other hand, my gift from my parents this year was a $100 Steam card..

Half Minute Hero looks absolutely hilarious ... but I'm low on funds and if Awesomenauts doesnt get a flash/daily then I wouldn't be able to afford it if I picked it up for the current price. Here's crossing my fingers~

BFIB

Yes!

Just got $40 in Steam codes from the wife. Now I just wait patiently for the right time to strike.

didamangi

Any chance FTL goes lower then $7.49 or Don't Starve goes lower then $11.99?

You could always split Don't Starve with someone else at $6 each.

How is your opinion even worth anything if it is strictly a gifter/gifted thing? Yoshi is getting gifts because people want to give him stuff, its not like he's stealing or begging or anything. He posts the gifts here to thank and let people know these users are kind. Dat jealousy that some here are showing is pretty disgusting, specially around christmas.

tumblr_lls5alGaFU1qhlyj9.gif

Don't vote for Hitman. Besides being a disgrace to the franchise, Amazon is going to have it for $20 again on the 1st I believe which is $5 cheaper than what 50% off is on the Steam version.

I think you have ulterior motives. I saw the Hitman Forum post about you.

looked for a reason to buy it that's more than enough.. Come here wallet come here you bastard

I found the game all around amazing. The story was AMAZING. I need to play through it again. Although I wanted the limited edition for 360 because nice it looked. It looked like a book with a smaller book inside and a DVD and the game. All in side one book.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Half Minute Hero (the Hero 30 portion anyway) is fucking hilarious. It's basically a whole adventure that you can wrap up in the space of 20-150s (it has a time pausing mechanic, so it isn't quite 30s as you're lead to believe). It even has an ending credits for every quest you beat.

Check it out if you grew up on JRPGs. If not, the irony is kind of lost but its still really solid. Also, use the 16bit artstyle. It's the true way to experience the game
I'm not a fan of JRPGs, really. Though I like the Pokemon games, and Paper Mario is one of my favorite franchises (not sure if they qualify).

If the short timer makes the game kinda similar to WarioWare, color me interested!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wha? Why do you have to wait? I must have missed something.

The EU release date isn't until February, so those within Europe who have purchased an Amazon key and wish to play the game now have to either use a US VPN or run the exe from the installation folder.

dreamfall

Alright, I can't justify it. No Trains for me- all the DLC, and the insanity regarding pricing. Tried so hard to convince myself- it looks positively serene, and like something different I'd like to try some day. Will wait it out!

Daily Sales, bring the goodness.

Mileena

Banned
Hitman is the only game there I don't have, but fuck it I'm voting for Blands 2. After hearing the Hitman impressions $20 seems way too much.

DagsJT

I'd not say jealousy at all, I just feel sharing and gifted should be shared at Christmas and not directed at one person. There's hallways posts in here from people who say they can't afford some games but they get left while Yoshi builds up a huge collection without needing to open his/her wallet.

I just feel gifting would be nicer and more in the Christmas spirit if the sharing was divided.

And no, I'm not asking for any gifts as I'm happy buying my own stuff and already have a huge backlog that I need to clear.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, I can't justify it. No Trains for me- all the DLC, and the insanity regarding pricing. Tried so hard to convince myself- it looks positively serene, and like something different I'd like to try some day. Will wait it out!

Daily Sales, bring the goodness.

Bro, you don't need the DLC. Buy Train Simulator. It's the bomb, and it IS serene. A perfect "relax and enjoy the experience" game. Also can be tough if you need to figure out how to couple and uncouple in a trainyard!

Buy the damn thing!

I originally wanted Alan Wake's American Nightmare, but I don't know now, I don't remember it setting anyone's pants on fire and I thought the first game was a massive chore to get through. Not even sure it's worth the dirt cheap price right now, but only because I'm afraid that there's going to be other stuff that I'd rather have. I'd probably get it otherwise, but I think I'll remain very conservative with my Steam credit.

The individual Half-Life deals are great too, but I've already beaten them so that's probably a no-go for me as well. And the upcoming 50% off still aren't going to be anywhere near as cheap as I would like. $30 for those games doesn't really scream "great deal" to me. If they were 75% I'd absolutely buy Borderlands 2.

/livejournal

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I originally wanted Alan Wake's American Nightmare, but I don't know now, I don't remember it setting anyone's pants on fire and I thought the first game was a massive chore to get through. Not even sure it's worth the dirt cheap price right now, but only because I'm afraid that there's going to be other stuff that I'd rather have. I'd probably get it otherwise, but I think I'll remain very conservative with my Steam credit.

The individual Half-Life deals are great too, but I've already beaten them so that's probably a no-go for me as well. And the upcoming 50% off still aren't going to be anywhere near as cheap as I would like. $30 for those games doesn't really scream "great deal" to me. If they were 75% I'd absolutely buy Borderlands 2.

/livejournal

American Nightmare is very tight, lots of fun, and has none of the aimless shambling Alan Wake had (even though I really enjoyed it) - American Nightmare is a great game, short but sweet, and a ton of fun to play. Get it Brandonh83!!

I didn't buy them via Steam sales, but the HID7 puzzle games are really neat. I played Closure, Snapshot and Binding of Isaac for the first time last night and I was pretty impressed by each in its own way. The mouse/screenshot gameplay stuff in Snapshot is a really neat idea and something that could be put to use on the Wii U.

American Nightmare is very tight, lots of fun, and has none of the aimless shambling Alan Wake had (even though I really enjoyed it) - American Nightmare is a great game, short but sweet, and a ton of fun to play. Get it Brandonh83!!

No. This is not the kind of support I'm looking for here on the NeoGAF.

Damn it. Okay... but if I don't like it, I will gift Bad Rats to you. I swear I will. I won't even think twice about it.

Derrick01

Banned
I think you have ulterior motives. I saw the Hitman Forum post about you.

Haha well regardless of what you think of my opinion on the game it's still going to be $5 cheaper on Amazon if you can just wait another week. Even cheaper if you already bought anything from Amazon's sale since you'll be able to use at least 1 $5 credit on it.

I'm going to be getting it from there too. I was about to buy it the other day but when I went to go do it the price had gone back up to 45 or so.

I'm on the fence for Half Minute Hero as well.

Hell, I'll buy it if y'all do.

I'm not buying it. Now what do we do?

Haha well regardless of what you think of my opinion on the game it's still going to be $5 cheaper on Amazon if you can just wait another week. Even cheaper if you already bought anything from Amazon's sale since you'll be able to use at least 1 $5 credit on it.

I have three more to play. . . I won't get to it for sometime. . . I'm nearly at 100 games. . . . 10 more then I don't know what to do anymore. I just for ArmA II Combined. So I hope its like L4D all over again. I put 245 hours into it. I still enjoy it today.

dreamfall

Bro, you don't need the DLC. Buy Train Simulator. It's the bomb, and it IS serene. A perfect "relax and enjoy the experience" game. Also can be tough if you need to figure out how to couple and uncouple in a trainyard!

Buy the damn thing!

Trust only GAF is the motto! You're probably right! Train dilemmas have a new added layer of complexity, with praise from you!

It'll be an impulsive decision made in the final minute of the sale!

LuuKyK

Alan Wake was a really tense game. Good, but tense. I almost had a heart attack so I stopped playing it though. Thats when I discovered I'm not really fond of survival horror games. lol Which is funny since I like to watch dumb scary movies and shit. Oh well...

/noonecares

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom