• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chavelo

Is boarderlands GOTY worth it? I am currently playing Boarderlands 2 and I hear its the same game but the majority of the complaints were fixed.

Yeah, that's a hard one to play now that BL2 is out. BL1 on PC had a bunch of issues that dragged down the game, but it was really fun nonetheless. I would say skip since there's really not a story to it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
MEMORIES OF THE SUMMER

One of the best parts of the last sale was the GAF thread, looking forward to not playing any games I buy more shenanigans and contests of wit, skill, and eroticism.
That is beyond awesome! The memories ♥ My first Steam sale ever... soooooo good!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The winter sales caught me with my pants down, I don't have money until tomorrow. Damn you Garry. :(

Edit- When do the current flash deals expire?

dave is ok

aztek is ok
The reddit post about the Steam sale made it to the front page, and Amazon Tony hijacked the top post to let people know Hitman is cheaper there.

Say what you will about Tony, he's good at what he does.

Is anyone having trouble with the steam / cellphone stuff registering? I've logged in twice, but to no avail with the achievement deal.

Picked up Botanicula, and I'll probably grab Ninja Blade, Runaway, Gemini Rue, Edna & Harvey, and Cherry Tree High Comedy Club if they drop any more. Probably grab Runaway, even if it doesn't drop more, but I'm going to wait.

Sulik2

When did that happen? Last I read the studio head was going on about how they were never going F2P.

Its not F2P its buy to play like Guild Wars 2. It really is a cool little game. With no sub I can see myself playing it on and off on a regular basis.

The reddit post about the Steam sale made it to the front page, and Amazon Tony hijacked the top post to let people know Hitman is cheaper there.

Say what you will about Tony, he's good at what he does.

Being slimy? I wasnt shy about my opinion that he was desperately trying to use last years Steam Christmas sale thread to try to bring attention to his own sad little thread.

I havent bought anything from Amazon since. That will probably change someday. Maybe.

Anyone from UK getting Borderlands 2?
Would like to gang up for a 4-pack, might get 2 copies even.

Paypal verified and have sold a few stuff here without any troubles.

Hey Folks,

Just like with the Autumn Sale... If you buy Critter Crunch on sale for $1.75 I'll pass you a code for a second copy just for being a GAF-pal.

Just shoot me a PM and be patient - it might take me a few hours or even a day to get you the code.

THANKS GAF.

(ps please enjoy this festive gif from Capy's "12 GIFS OF LOLTIDE")

12GIFS_Vic1.gif

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm Natural Selection 2 for $10. Very tempting. Any impressions on this? The Totalbiscuit video made it look pretty fun.

Its a sequel to one of the best HL1 mods including CS and SI.

Anyone doing a Natural Selection 2 4-pack run? I'd like in if so.

I'd also be interested in doing one.

Again; Anyone got anything to say about Wargame: European Escalation

Is it any good?

Yes it is good. No the gameplay is not like the screenshots depict it to be. You should watch a gameplay video on Youtube to find out if it is a game you're going to like.

Javaman

Why in the flying fuck does Darkest of Days never show up on sale? I've been waiting on that one for years. I love the idea of using current weapons in past battles. Turn the tide by pulling out a M-16 at Custer's Fall? Yes please!

Bulzeeb

Hey Folks,

Just like with the Autumn Sale... If you buy Critter Crunch on sale for $1.75 I'll pass you a code for a second copy just for being a GAF-pal.

Just shoot me a PM and be patient - it might take me a few hours or even a day to get you the code.

THANKS GAF.

(ps please enjoy this festive gif from Capy's "12 GIFS OF LOLTIDE")

12GIFS_Vic1.gif

Ok sir, you secured my purchase, just wait till I manage to get home

gabbre

Anyone from UK getting Borderlands 2?
Would like to gang up for a 4-pack, might get 2 copies even.

Paypal verified and have sold a few stuff here without any troubles.
I'm available but I'm from Italy, is it still possible? I don't want get my account banned.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
20:54 - Yoshichan: Holy tits, was it bad
20:54 - metalshade01: what did you expect
:lol Clearly fake!

Gonna play some Patrician III and see how it is :3 It does actually look good in the screenshots!

Yoshichan

Trying to play Patrician III and getting this error...

9KSse.png

Anyone :(?

Hey, Yoshichan, did you do anything special to get the "Shopping Spree" achievement? I've tried to go to every single page on the steam application on my phone, but I just can't get it to register that I've visited. I've logged in three times now, visited the mobile pages, and visited the desktop pages from my phone. I don't understand! : (

derExperte

Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes for $4.99 is a must buy for p'n'c adventure fans. That is assuming the English localization didn't ruin it.

Yoshichan

Hey, Yoshichan, did you do anything special to get the "Shopping Spree" achievement? I've tried to go to every single page on the steam application on my phone, but I just can't get it to register that I've visited. I've logged in three times now, visited the mobile pages, and visited the desktop pages from my phone. I don't understand! : (
Sorry man, I don't really read on the achievements so I have no idea what they criteria is >.<!

Sorry man, I don't really read on the achievements so I have no idea what they criteria is >.<!
Don't do this to me, Yoshi... DON'T YOU LEAVE ME HERE LIKE THIS

Thanks anyways. I just wondered if you remembered going to any particular page or anything. I'm sure it will register for me eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom