• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
This is good advice for every game ever.

Definitely :p. But in Wargame's case, the steam page is really unclear in what type of game a person is purchasing.

The most bizarre part is that the same people also developed Razor2 ... wich is a kinda fun game

Yeah, I think Bad Rats was a learning experience for the studio.

how much is Natural Selection II on a fourpack?

$07.50 | Regular edition
$12.00 | Deluxe edition

you want to make one?

MRORANGE

what the hell?

jroDr1wn2V3cW.png

Salsa

$07.50 | Regular edition
$12.00 | Deluxe edition

you want to make one?

Not sure, think ill pass for now. Short on money and the thing is that im from South America and idk how the server situation is around here, I probably wouldnt be able to play much due to high ping

Derrick01

Banned
The reddit post about the Steam sale made it to the front page, and Amazon Tony hijacked the top post to let people know Hitman is cheaper there.

Say what you will about Tony, he's good at what he does.

I still remember how poorly a bunch of people in the steam thread treated him when he dropped by to mention about a steamworks game they had on sale.

metalshade

New steam sales meta game.
Send someone a game that has compatibility issues, watch ensuing meltdown on chat.

21:12 - Yoshichan: Can't even find the god damn folder
21:12 - Yoshichan: WTF.

red731

what the hell?

http://i4.minus.com/jroDr1wn2V3cW.png[//IMG][/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. I am thinking of waiting for the release day or snatching it off right now and wait...
Hard to scribble feelings about this.

[quote="Addnan, post: 45625520"]It lets you play though. I've been playing in the UK after buying it from steam.[/QUOTE]

Will buy, won't buy...

ChesterCharm

Neo Member
i can make a natural selection deluxe 4 pack group. but you have to wait till i get home from work till i buy the pack. around 5pm-6pm arizona time. pm me your steam info if interested.

Sandfox

SO far I'm just interested in the indie games. Borderlands 2 is very tempting but I can wait for it to go down even further next year. I may pick up RE5 and the Half Life games if they go down cheaper since I'm trying to save my money for Amazon's ME, BF3 sales(I may be picking up Dark Souls from them as well as well).

The people who were saying that Amazon is bring ing it this year aren't joking.

Platy

Hey Folks,

Just like with the Autumn Sale... If you buy Critter Crunch on sale for $1.75 I'll pass you a code for a second copy just for being a GAF-pal.

Just shoot me a PM and be patient - it might take me a few hours or even a day to get you the code.

THANKS GAF.

(ps please enjoy this festive gif from Capy's "12 GIFS OF LOLTIDE")

12GIFS_Vic1.gif

I got on the autumn sale and never got an answer for my pm =(

metalshade

Guys, whats the game where you are a king/queen, and you rule your country but you gotta geal with politics and laws and then you get a disease then you are poisoned and your daughter takes over from your marriage to the queen of somewhere else or whatever?
Bah what a horrible description.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
It's that lovely time of the year again gents. May our wallets become ten times lighter this sale.

MRORANGE

I still remember how poorly a bunch of people in the steam thread treated him when he dropped by to mention about a steamworks game they had on sale.

That wasn't the problem. The problem was the fact he was posting non-steamworks games in the Steam thread.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
:
Not sure, think ill pass for now. Short on money and the thing is that im from South America and idk how the server situation is around here, I probably wouldnt be able to play much due to high ping

I played on West and East european servers from NA in BFBC2/BF3/CS with a friend in SA. He said the lag was fine.

Thanks guys, I just bought it!

Hope you enjoy it. :p

On Gaf or Reddit? What was the gist of their complaining? He seemed alright, considering he was a sales rep for Amazon.

metalshade

21:22 - Yoshichan: Holy
21:22 - Yoshichan: Sweet
21:22 - Yoshichan: Tits
21:23 - metalshade01: fixed?
21:23 - Yoshichan: Going from Bad Rats to this sh*t, I want to punch my own face right now
21:23 - Yoshichan: I'm on the verge of brutalizing my face
21:23 - Yoshichan: FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

inky

That wasn't the problem. The problem was the fact he was posting non-steamworks games in the Steam thread.

Well, lots of people do that, although I guess they don't have any interest in doing so beyond informing people about good deals.

Stitch

Gold Member
Why in the flying fuck does Darkest of Days never show up on sale? I've been waiting on that one for years. I love the idea of using current weapons in past battles. Turn the tide by pulling out a M-16 at Custer's Fall? Yes please!

I'm pretty sure that it was -50% during a sale but I was hoping it would be cheaper.
Now it's not on sale at all :-/

MRORANGE

Well, lots of people do that, although I guess they don't have any interest in doing so beyond informing people about good deals.

From the previous debacle:

- It is OK for Tony, as an openly acknowledged representative for Amazon, to present relevant content in relevant threads. It would be significantly more useful for posters in the Steam thread if the deals that got posted here were limited to the Steamworks deals, but obviously we're not going to micro-manage people like that. He's also allowed to post as just another poster.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Got Patrician 3 to work :D YAY!!!

Cade

Well, damn, I emptied my meager wallet even faster than I thought I would. I was already at rock-bottom from the Thanksgiving sale and after gifting a couple people things and buying a Dredmor DLC I'm at 4 cents.

That's a record low wallet amount for day one. :p

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
<checks out sales>

Man, Steam is fuckin' up. /Chappelle

Most of these are the same old title, same old discount with some new games sprinkled in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom