• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
FRIENDLY XMAS-EVE-DAY REMINDER:

If you grab Critter Crunch during the Steam Winter Sale for $1.75, shoot me a PM and I'll pass you a code for second copy.

tumblr_mfefyc8HSB1s0714io1_500.gif

Happy holidays folks!
Can't say no to that offer.

Well it's been fun-- but now it's time to drive a ridiculous amount to make family visit rounds. Going to Kentucky from Virginia, then down to the Florida panhandle, then back to KY then back to VA. Thanks for the friend requests and help getting a few games. Have a happy holiday-- hopefully I can get on GAF here and there, and luckily I'll have my Steam app on my phone where I'll continue to monitor the sales.

PEACE

Dr Dogg

So Mass Effect 1 and 2 are going on sale for $15, thing is when I open their pages it shows ME1, but does it have all its DLC? Furthermore the ME2 ver. is Digital Deluxe which I assume has all its DLC.
Really tempted to get it as the first 2 are the ones I want (not interested in 3 since it kills off some of my fav. characters), but the lack of DLC for 1 is making me go against getting this >_<.

All the DLC for Mass Effect 2 uses Bioware's "Disney Dollars" as in having to purchase BioWare points and then redeem these against the DLC you want. For Mass Effect 1 the 1st DLC, Bring Down the Sky was free but you had to register your serial on their old forums but there it's up on EA's support website with how to download and redeem it. The 2nd DLC for Mass Effect 1 was only available on EA's store but it's pretty glitchy/bad and has very little to no story content and is more focused on 12 combat challenges.

TheChaos

Contemplating whether to get the Oblivion GotY edition or the Super Ultra Mega Deluxe Edition. Is the extra stuff like the Fighter's Stronghold and Mehrune's Razor worth it?

DagsJT

I don't see enough people jumping on that Chivalry bandwagon. You guys are missing out.

I watched the GB vid but it just looked a but ... Samey and boring? Looks more interesting than the likes of TF2 but not for just under £10. If it was £5 then I'd have taken a chance.

Please feel free to add me: DOOMED138

Being an online recluse in the Steam era with a terrible owned/played ratio is not as fulfilling as I thought it would be over the long haul.

JiliK

Picked up Half Minute Hero today. Only my second purchase from the sale. While I was planning to go a little less crazy this year, I wasn't expecting Valve to make things quite this easy. :)

Oh, if anyone wants to add me:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/JiliK/

I think I've already sent friend requests to everyone going back a few pages.

Tweedy

Any one else find they are basing their day on the 6 hourly flash sales? I'm obsessed... Don't want to miss out on anything!

Anyone know the likelyhood of further discount on AC3? That's what I'm holding out on

Necrovex

Any idea how I can get Xpadder to work for Binary Domain? I've never used this program before and Google isn't being useful atm.

The settings in BD are completely broken. I am using my wired 360 pad, and I am unable to assign the aim or fire buttons to the triggers.

Since I'm playing the Sega Classics version of Sonic 2 I have to get it off my chest but this game has the worst bonus stage fucking ever. I hated it back then and it's only intensified since. Running through 10fps pseudo-3D half-pipe with awful unresponsive controls, it's awful. I've never gotten all the Chaos Emeralds legit in this game because this bonus stage ruins my life.

Any one else find they are basing their day on the 6 hourly flash sales? I'm obsessed... Don't want to miss out on anything!

Anyone know the likelyhood of further discount on AC3? That's what I'm holding out on
It was $39 on PSN this weekend so it'll probably be around that area for a daily.

Dr Dogg

Any idea how I can get Xpadder to work for Binary Domain? I've never used this program before and Google isn't being useful atm.

The settings in BD are completely broken. I am using my wired 360 pad, and I am unable to assign the aim or fire buttons to the triggers.

Hmmm I could swear Binary Domain works with a wired 360 pad out the box. I think you might have to faff about in the config settings. Hang on I'll go have a look.

Edit: Yeah for me it shows up in the configuration settings which are an option outside the game. Under the Input Configuration tab there's a drop down tab to select Keyboard or 360 Controller and then you can assign which buttons do what. Also make sure you set the drop down option bellow for Input Display Icons as 360 icons or it will still show you the keyboard key prompts.

feel

That doesn't seem right, I remember it having great pad support. Did you go into the settings outside the game?

ledman

Only game I bought this sale until now was The Walking Dead, I was in the middle of chapter 2 , turned off my computer and when I come back the save file is gone.
I searched for solutions but none did the job, now I gonna start chapter 3 without the previous decision, thanks Telltale Games for such a major save file bug, never had any issue like that even in a Bethesda game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom