• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

I've never played Half-Minute-Hero. How does the PC one compare to the PSP one? Is it worth grabbing the PC over the PSP one, especially with the price as it is?

Seems like the same thing but an extra graphics style, has leaderboards and the multi is online now. Feels like a solid port, looks good in 1080p.

Might be more levels, too, I swear I haven't seen some of this before. Anyhow, its a wonderful, highly unique game, great time to get it.

I wonder if Cladun 2s PC port got cleaned up any, was a bit rough for me in the demo.

I bought the notorious KOTOR2:Sith Lords and just installed the restored content mod. Because of various reasons, I played through the first KOTOR this summer and it fucking blew my mind. Now, after reading so much worrying info about the problems of Sith Lords, I'm having mixed feelings about starting this game.

No, screw doubt. If my body can't handle all the feels this game is going to cause, tough luck. Hold my hand, GAF.

I just played through KotOR II recently and didn't encounter a single issue.

I brought it at the last sale, haven't played it yet. What is the restore content mod?

It's a mod that not only patches up numerous bugs in the game but adds some content, that was supposed to be in the game, but was scrapped for one reason or the other. IIRC, some dudes from Obsidian gave mad kudos to that modding group for their hard work and diligence. I've come to the understanding, that this mod is highly recommended before starting your first run.

You can read more and download the mod itself from here: Restored content mod

OK so continuing inr egards to Mass Effect:
Where can I find ME 1 with all DLCs and ME2 with all DLCs?
I searched via Origin but couldn't find what I want ugh.

ME1 only had two DLC packs: Bring Down The Sky (free) and Pinnacle Station (adds nothing to the story).

ME2 had a ton of DLC but there's no GOTY version. Only the PS3 version contained most of the DLC.

Tizoc

ME1 only had two DLC packs: Bring Down The Sky (free) and Pinnacle Station (adds nothing to the story).

ME2 had a ton of DLC but there's no GOTY version. Only the PS3 version contained most of the DLC.

Alright thanks! Now I just need to find a way to get Bring down the sky and I may get ME1 from this sale for now.

metalshade

I just played through KotOR II recently and didn't encounter a single issue.

I cant get KOTOR (the first one) to run properly, when it starts I have no menu screen, then I cant get 1920x1080 to work because the resolution list wont populate, then ingame I have no dialogue display, so it runs like crap and I cant find out how to fix it, I've spent HOURS trying.

Dr Dogg

Alright thanks! Now I just need to find a way to get Bring down the sky and I may get ME1 from this sale for now.

try this link

I cant get KOTOR (the first one) to run properly, when it starts I have no menu screen, then I cant get 1920x1080 to work because the resolution list wont populate, then ingame I have no dialogue display, so it runs like crap and I cant find out how to fix it, I've spent HOURS trying.

I had massive problems on Windows 7 x64 and only worked when I went into the .ini file and disabled movies. Worked like a charm then.

xJavonta

Banned
Knew I shouldn't have bought XCOM. Just found out that I have a copy of it in my stocking for PC as well, and I think it came from Amazon so returning it isn't exactly ideal. Oh well, suppose I could sell it.

Veitsev

Knew I shouldn't have bought XCOM. Just found out that I have a copy of it in my stocking for PC as well, and I think it came from Amazon so returning it isn't exactly ideal. Oh well, suppose I could sell it.

As long as its no opened Amazon has great return policies.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Sleeping Dogs $17.49 on Amazon. Grab it now, or wait to see if it gets cheaper on Steam? Also, Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition for $14.99. Gonna use the $5 Amazon credit to get it at $9.99 in January if the price still applies.

Finally looked at Chivalry: Medieval Warfare after hearing the buzz about it, and it looks a bit interesting, but I don't know if I'd want to spend $12.49 on it. Those Thief games are tempting as well, but I'm hoping for a daily deal, hopefully at 75% off for the collection.

metalshade

try this link

I had massive problems on Windows 7 x64 and only worked when I went into the .ini file and disabled movies. Worked like a charm then.

Windows 7 64bit and AMD video card, I know I'm doomed.
Disabled movies in the config tool ages ago, still couldn't get a menu screen.
Or does it HAVE to be by .ini modification?
I've looked everywhere, and nobody seems to know.

Gintoki

Sleeping Dogs $17.49 on Amazon. Grab it now, or wait to see if it gets cheaper on Steam? Also, Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition for $14.99. Gonna use the $5 Amazon credit to get it at $9.99 in January if the price still applies.

I'm on this same situation, missed the GMG deal. Also DS would be $13 with the amazon credit.

Dr Dogg

Well I had to do it in the .ini file as the game wouldn't even load for me. There was a thread about it on the old steam forums that listed loads of fixes, I'll see if I can dig it out for you.

Necrovex

Opps should have held on a second or 2. Hmmm only thing I could suggest is to have a look at the properties. Just type in game controllers in the search bar from the start menu and it should show "Set up USB game controllers". Click on that and it should have a list of what is connected. Select XBOX 360 For Windows (Controller) and select Properties and it should bring up a box with Setting and Test tabs. Give your triggers a test and the Z Axis bar should go up with the left trigger and down with the right one. I had a problem where this didn't register when using Dolphin and just uninstalled the driver and started from fresh. Hope that helps.

That wasn't a problem either. I searched around a little bit more, and I discovered non-official gamepads has a history of not working for Binary Domain. A few years back, I got myself a Gamestop wired controller, since I couldn't find a legit one in stores. So, I had to go ahead and get myself a legit wired controller. :-/

I also have a question about Hitman on PC, I posted on the official forum, so I hope to get an answer that way, but perhaps a Gaffer can help me out better:

Necrovex said:
Whenever I attempt to load up Hitman, I load up my save file, which is the beginning of the Chinatown level. When the cut scene finishes playing, the game begins to load up and then boots to desktop. I receive the error that GeForce 310.70 WHQL received an error and it fixes itself right after Hitman crashes. Both my video card and OS are updated.

First, do you have a backup of the unaltered executable? If not, I'd kill your current KotOR II directory with fire and do a fresh install.

What mods are you trying to use? I used Squizzy's widescreen patcher but had to use an older version of the executable in order for the patcher to function properly. I can't remember where I grabbed the 1920x1200 UI, I think the link is on the PCGamingWiki tho. The only other mod I used was the Restored Content Mod.

Derrick01

Banned
My god Spec Ops is the shit. An even bigger thanks to dreamfall for gifting it to me. So glad I didn't miss out on this hidden gem before our GOTY voting is done, it's definitely being edited into my list when I'm finished.

metalshade

Well I had to do it in the .ini file as the game wouldn't even load for me. There was a thread about it on the old steam forums that listed loads of fixes, I'll see if I can dig it out for you.

First, do you have a backup of the unaltered executable? If not, I'd kill your current KotOR II directory with fire and do a fresh install.

What mods are you trying to use? I used Squizzy's widescreen patcher but had to use an older version of the executable in order for the patcher to function properly. I can't remember where I grabbed the 1920x1200 UI, I think the link is on the PCGamingWiki tho. The only other mod I used was the Restored Content Mod.

Really you would do that? Thanks man that's awesome of you. Pm me or something.

Unfortunately, its kotor 1 I'm struggling with currently, kotor 2 won't happen until I finish the first.

GAMERG0D

Well I caved and bought Half Minute Hero. My friend should be getting me Cave Story+ as we agreed later and that's it for me.
seriously

Dr Dogg

That wasn't a problem either. I searched around a little bit more, and I discovered non-official gamepads has a history of not working for Binary Domain. A few years back, I got myself a Gamestop wired controller, since I couldn't find a legit one in stores. So, I had to go ahead and get myself a legit wired controller. :-/

Sorry that didn't help. What a pain.

Here you go but I feel you probably have done all that is listed in there. I've got it working in 1650x1050 and 1920x1080 but can't for the life of me remember what I did short of disabling the overlay and movies in the config options.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Is They Bleed Pixels one of those games that only renders at 720p, like alot of those indie platformers? I'd like to try it out.

xJavonta

Banned
Well turns out my mom found a copy of XCOM cheap from some site, because the box looks fake as hell and so do the discs. I think I'll just give the code to a friend to see if they can activate it on Steam

Nymerio

Hmm, I may actually bite on Endless Space. Played it during the free weekend for about an hour and was not actually annoyed enough to just uninstall.

Pretty great for me, Half Minute Hero and They Bleed Pixels for around six dollars.

Oh yeah, I got Half Minute Hero too. Was on the fence but the TB video made it seem decent enought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom