• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

Can anyone tell me how the Steam Gifts site works? I might buy some more games tomorrow to give out since I'm in such a cheery mood.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Are we adding Steam Friends?

If anyone knows me from MLB GAF, or if they just want to be compadres, then my id is mikemantia. I would link it, but I set it to private.

feel

I'll take the countless steam id posts over some guy having 50 people post drawings made in paint for a chance at a $3 game.

Shepard

Last time I ask here, I swear, but could a gentleman and fellow US gaffer buy the Orange Box on gamefly for me? :( It's cheaper there (4,99) buying HL2+Ep1 and 2 here (~9,99), and that's without Portal 1. Will pay via paypall in advance, or buying something on steam if you want. Pretty please?
PM me if possible ;)

Lets see if someone can help me with this question. I got SF4AE for PC disc version from Amazon a while back. I see that Steam is having a complete all in costume pack sale for $3.74. If I buy this DLC for a non-steam game will it work?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I buy dark souls, and man i really sucks or its so fucking hard.

Just about everyone starts there. You just need to be attentive and learn from your mistakes. It's one of the best games ever made when it comes to that feeling of your own skill increasing.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
My Steam ID is the same as my GAF username if anyone wants to add me.

Can you not look at your inventory and gift on Steam Mobile? Can you accept friend requests on it?

Necrovex

Hmmm I could swear Binary Domain works with a wired 360 pad out the box. I think you might have to faff about in the config settings. Hang on I'll go have a look.

Edit: Yeah for me it shows up in the configuration settings which are an option outside the game. Under the Input Configuration tab there's a drop down tab to select Keyboard or 360 Controller and then you can assign which buttons do what. Also make sure you set the drop down option bellow for Input Display Icons as 360 icons or it will still show you the keyboard key prompts.

I appreciate it!

Edit: Yeah, I did all that, but the triggers will not register for me. BD is the only game having this issue. And I made sure that I selected the gamepad too!

That doesn't seem right, I remember it having great pad support. Did you go into the settings outside the game?

I was surprised too. I went to the config setting, and I was altering the button. The default setting for controls was wonky, so I had to change that. (Start and select were the default shooting and aiming buttons.) I thought I fixed the controls until I realized I could not insert the triggers (L+R) buttons into the controllers option.

Some other people hit the same problem concerning their controllers and some of them used Xpadder as a workaround, however I have never needed to use X-padder prior, so I am completely confused as I try to get it to work.

This holiday break has been a bad one concerning functioning PC games, Hitman refuses to load up without my driver dying (and I even upgraded it to the latest one!), Xenoblade won't work without audio chopping (but I suck at working emulation), and Binary Domain controls will not work for me. :-(

Dr Dogg

I appreciate it!

Sorry edited my post above so you might have missed it. Yeah for me it shows up in the configuration settings which are an option outside the game. Under the Input Configuration tab there's a drop down tab to select Keyboard or 360 Controller and then you can assign which buttons do what. Also make sure you set the drop down option bellow for Input Display Icons as 360 icons or it will still show you the keyboard key prompts.

The_Monk

I hope it's more accessible than Oblivion :)

Oh, it is man. Don't worry...

Ah, ever seen this?

Gf11Hl.jpg

Just asking... :p

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
$5 for Sonic Adventure 2? Fuckin' bought.

If I wanted to revisit MW2 am I better off with the Steam version or PS3?

MRORANGE

There is a ID steam list of friends from neogaf, you can post here instead http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427197
There is a ID steam list of friends from neogaf, you can post here instead http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427197

It's more fun than Oblivion I can tell you that much.

Ok, that's good, I liked Skyrim but could never get into Oblivion.

Necrovex

Sorry edited my post above so you might have missed it. Yeah for me it shows up in the configuration settings which are an option outside the game. Under the Input Configuration tab there's a drop down tab to select Keyboard or 360 Controller and then you can assign which buttons do what. Also make sure you set the drop down option bellow for Input Display Icons as 360 icons or it will still show you the keyboard key prompts.

I noticed your edit, and I reedited my post to reflect it.

Necrovex said:
Edit: Yeah, I did all that, but the triggers will not register for me. BD is the only game having this issue. And I made sure that I selected the gamepad too!

Baust

I've never played Half-Minute-Hero. How does the PC one compare to the PSP one? Is it worth grabbing the PC over the PSP one, especially with the price as it is?

demidar

Just the way I like it. Though it's not hot today in Tas.

Liking hot weather is unfathomable to me. At least when you're cold you can just put on more clothes and snuggling in your bed is better. When you're hot you can't do anything without cold water, frozen food or blasting the air con.

Also someone invite me to the Steam Gifts group, I wanna give out some more games tomorrow.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198030770017/

2237953_o.gif

I got rid of my BL2 code and got some great games in return. Shoutouts to the gift givers, the traders and even the haters. I'm free at last! I can focus exclusively on the remaining stuff with my own wallet which is the real fun of Steam sales!

Tizoc

OK so continuing inr egards to Mass Effect:
Where can I find ME 1 with all DLCs and ME2 with all DLCs?
I searched via Origin but couldn't find what I want ugh.

I bought the notorious KOTOR2:Sith Lords and just installed the restored content mod. Because of various reasons, I played through the first KOTOR for the first time this summer and it fucking blew my mind. Now, after reading so much worrying info about the problems of Sith Lords, I'm having mixed feelings about starting this game.

No, screw doubt. If my body can't handle all the feels this game is going to cause, tough luck. Hold my hand, GAF.

I want Endless Space, but I think $10 is still a bit too steep for me to bite on another 4X that seems to be more middling in quality. $5-$7.50 is probably the sweet spot.

Sober

You know noone reads community threads right? :p

(Will post there as well). I don't need invites and I'm not asking for anything but more friends would be nice, so I can feel the peer pressure when it comes to a Steam sale and seeing more people owning a game I'm on the fence on.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tehsober/

Will probably go back and spam add everyone else the last few pages, since I have so few friends on Steam.

Dr Dogg

I noticed your edit, and I reedited my post to reflect it.

Opps should have held on a second or 2. Hmmm only thing I could suggest is to have a look at the properties. Just type in game controllers in the search bar from the start menu and it should show "Set up USB game controllers". Click on that and it should have a list of what is connected. Select XBOX 360 For Windows (Controller) and select Properties and it should bring up a box with Setting and Test tabs. Give your triggers a test and the Z Axis bar should go up with the left trigger and down with the right one. I had a problem where this didn't register when using Dolphin and just uninstalled the driver and started from fresh. Hope that helps.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I bought the notorious KOTOR2:Sith Lords and just installed the restored content mod. Because of various reasons, I played through the first KOTOR this summer and it fucking blew my mind. Now, after reading so much worrying info about the problems of Sith Lords, I'm having mixed feelings about starting this game.

No, screw doubt. If my body can't handle all the feels this game is going to cause, tough luck. Hold my hand, GAF.

I brought it at the last sale, haven't played it yet. What is the restore content mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom