• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielsan

Scribblenauts Unlimited for the best entry to the following contest. Contest ends in one hour.

I want you to make/draw a picture using any program with the following conditions. I want you to choose some character or enemy/NPC.

1) The character/enemy is from a video game
2) The character/enemy is exhibiting some trait people don't normally associate with them.

In other words, I want you to use the Scribblenauts format of adjective/noun in describing your video game character. Be sure to include the adjective and character name in your response.

So for example, you might make compassionate Kratos hugging someone instead of killing them.

This is in the spirit of Scribblenauts Unlimited, a game in which you use words to enact your imagination.

Go!
My entry. Foul mouthed journeyer.

d44yJ.jpg

Scribblenauts Unlimited for the best entry to the following contest. Contest ends in two hours.

Scribblenauts-Unlimited-Logo.jpg

I want you to make/draw a picture using any program with the following conditions. I want you to choose some character or enemy/NPC.

2) The character/enemy is exhibiting some trait people don't normally associate with them.

In other words, I want you to use the Scribblenauts format of adjective/noun in describing your video game character. Be sure to include the adjective and character name in your response.

So for example, you might make compassionate Kratos hugging someone instead of killing them.

This is in the spirit of Scribblenauts Unlimited, a game in which you use words to enact your imagination.

Go!

This is the best I can do I am sorry :(

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Scribblenauts Unlimited for the best entry to the following contest. Contest ends in one hour.

Go!

My entry stars Rico from Just Cause 2 (oh god I can't draw what am I doing):

(Quoted for size)

kitzkozan

Got:

Skyrim
SSF4:AE

Waiting for Orange Box and another FPS.

Not sure if the Orange box will be reduced in price, especially since both Portal and Half Life 2 are currently on sale.

I'm about to get most of the games I wanted:

KOTOR 1 & 2
Orange box games (Half Life 2 + episode 1 & 2, Portal)
Morrowind game of the year + Oblivion game of the year deluxe

:]

Now of course, Gamefly does sell the Orange box for $5 and there's a 10% coupon tso the final price would be $4.50, but US only. XD Just not sure if I want to actually bypass the US restriction for $4. :p I just don't think the orange box will be 75% since it should be already with Half Life 2 being 75% off (although Shogun 2 was part of a flash or daily and Fall of the samurai was only 50% off).

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I will trade a copy of Oblivion:GOTY from the Bethesda Gamersgate thing for a copy of KOTOR II.

One western RPG for another. Any takers?

Edit: I can also Future-trade Morrowind for Kotor 1 (but I really want two). That can only happen in January though.

All gone!

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Yay! I'm downloading spec ops. Amazon even gave me some credit toward my next purchase.

Cheddahz

Banned

Go!
kac91.png

Type2

I'll probably be doing some gifting over steam either tomorrow or the 26th.
Have a wishlist and add me so I can stalk it.
Spoiler: Spec Ops is in the stocking among many others =]

Hatemehnow

Cheddahz

Banned

Hatemehnow

Oh well looks like we are already Steam friends :D

I hope "Santa" brings me RE5 ;)

Hatemehnow

Gunna add you. , wanted spec ops for ages

But more importantly another gaffer on my friends!

ATF487

Fuck yeah, Rayman! Biting at that price

Thought about the Mass Effect pack but I don't think I'm going to play through 1 again and I have 2 on the xbox already

Sem

Neo Member
i have a question about anno 2070

i already have the base game (retail) if i buy the dlc and expansion on steam is there anyway i can use that with my retail version

from what i understand the steam version still uses uplay so im hoping when i buy the dlc and expansion on steam i will get cd-keys that i register on uplay?

Isaccard

All I need is Secret World and Fall of Cybertron to complete this sale.

I won't hold my breath for Fall of Cybertron because Activision ):

I will also be picking up the desert bundle and am looking to part ways with the two bioshock keys. Maybe split cost or trades? PM for discussions :)

kswiston

Scribblenauts Unlimited for the best entry to the following contest. Contest ends in two hours.

Scribblenauts-Unlimited-Logo.jpg

Go!

Cloud.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
I don't ever see this happening. EA seems very hard-lined on Origin. It wouldn't surprise me if eventually you won't find new Ubisoft games there either.
Ha, I ran into that today. I was like Mass Effect sale huh, I wonder what the price on 3 is...oh yeah, I only own 1 and 2, Origin etc. :p

I don't care about Ubisoft games, and for the most part EA games. The one thing that may eventually make me get Origin is a Mirror's Edge sequel, though I may still grumble about it. :(

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So yeah.

Everyone should get KOTOR II, patch it up, then find and get the Sith Lords Restoration Project, or whatever it's called now.

Amazing, amazing different take on KOTOR's universe.

I don't ever see this happening. EA seems very hard-lined on Origin. It wouldn't surprise me if eventually you won't find new Ubisoft games there either.

They did release Crysis 2 Maximum Edition on Steam this year, so I don't think they are completely repulsed by the idea of a Steam release once all DLC is released.

I was pretty shocked that the Mass Effect 2 DLC isn't available via Steam as some bundle. I was willing to double dip if that deluxe edition had more substance to it than just digital extras.

The_Monk

Speevy always have the best contests! Sorry Speevy, fellow GAFfer, today I'm not getting into your contest. Drank a bit too much and life has been hard. Have fun and good luck all!

I wish I could get that one to teach my 7 Year old nephew some english (check my earlier post to see my great idea with this game)

EDIT: going to open some gifts now, merry Xmas fellow GAFfers, love you all.

Schmitty

What are some bad games I can buy my friend? We are in a gifting bad games war. So far I've given him the Secret of the Magic Crystals and he has given me Bad Rats

Megasoum

Banned
The problem with ME3 on Steam is that I'm sure it would still need to go through Origin for all the multiplayer stuff. There's probably a lot of backend stuff that is using Origin to handle friends lists and things like that.

Because of that I REALLY doubt we will ever see it on Steam.

Type2

So great news I have some Gaffers adding keys to my giveaway for 12/25-12/26!
So fill up your wishlists and I'll be checking them twice to distribute some presents.

There are some big prizes but most range from 5-15$.

If anyone else cares to contribute some cheaper titles feel free to add me on steam:
hatemehnow

Also I want Torchlight 2 buddies to play with on the weekend!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
The problem with ME3 on Steam is that I'm sure it would still need to go through Origin for all the multiplayer stuff. There's probably a lot of backend stuff that is using Origin to handle friends lists and things like that.

Wait, but selling it on Steam would mean that I would have to install Origin and be a part of their system, essentially opening a new potential customer for them.

How is that a bad thing?

MRORANGE

Games that require you to login into Origin are on Steam.

EA are just being idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom