• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Souls is $15 on Amazon right now with an additional $5 credit off select games. Any way to see how long the sale will last?

Also, what are the chances that it goes lower on Steam?

Echoplx

I have an Alan Wake's American Nightmare code that I'll trade for KOTOR2, PM Me

Can't believe I impulse bought that on GG, don't even like the genre D:

They did release Crysis 2 Maximum Edition on Steam this year, so I don't think they are completely repulsed by the idea of a Steam release once all DLC is released.

I was pretty shocked that the Mass Effect 2 DLC isn't available via Steam as some bundle. I was willing to double dip if that deluxe edition had more substance to it than just digital extras.

But Crysis is only published by EA. They dont own the studio or the IP.

The problem with ME3 on Steam is that I'm sure it would still need to go through Origin for all the multiplayer stuff. There's probably a lot of backend stuff that is using Origin to handle friends lists and things like that.

Because of that I REALLY doubt we will ever see it on Steam.

This would be perfect since I dont play throwaway multiplayer games.

Thanks Letters! Now I know how it feels to be YoshiChan!

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

Yep, I should have linked that, didn't think to in my excitement. I glanced through the Steam forums and found this as well.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2900469

Guy wrote a wiki-guide on some of the process for those not familiar with modding. I don't have time to read it all the way through, (about to leave for family christmas plans) but from glancing, it looks like it should be up to snuff. It also includes solutions to common errors with newer video cards and such at the bottom.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_II_–_The_Sith_Lords

After Christmas, time for a re-install and replay.

Citizen K

I keep getting errors trying to buy stuff. Havent bought anything in the sale yet but wanna get skyrim dawnguard and kotor I and II. Tried paypal and credit card but it fails at the confirmation screen. Anyone else having issues?

Scribblenauts Unlimited for the best entry to the following contest. Contest ends in two hours.

Scribblenauts-Unlimited-Logo.jpg

I want you to make/draw a picture using any program with the following conditions. I want you to choose some character or enemy/NPC.

1) The character/enemy is from a video game
2) The character/enemy is exhibiting some trait people don't normally associate with them.

In other words, I want you to use the Scribblenauts format of adjective/noun in describing your video game character. Be sure to include the adjective and character name in your response.

So for example, you might make compassionate Kratos hugging someone instead of killing them.

This is in the spirit of Scribblenauts Unlimited, a game in which you use words to enact your imagination.

Go!

A quick one before I go eat Christmas eve dinner. Aroused Mr. Game & Watch NSFW

Has there ever been a version of Scribblenauts (original Scribblenauts, Super Scribblenauts, etc.) where you couldn't fly around on NeoGAF? :p Actually I'm not -positive- that you could use the NeoGAF ball for unlimited flying in the first games, but I seem to recall it being that way.

Just checked the DS version, yes there is a NeoGAF ball.
Well, I think that is a good reason anyway.

Scribblenauts Unlimited for the best entry to the following contest. Contest ends in two hours.

I want you to make/draw a picture using any program with the following conditions. I want you to choose some character or enemy/NPC.

2) The character/enemy is exhibiting some trait people don't normally associate with them.

In other words, I want you to use the Scribblenauts format of adjective/noun in describing your video game character. Be sure to include the adjective and character name in your response.

So for example, you might make compassionate Kratos hugging someone instead of killing them.

This is in the spirit of Scribblenauts Unlimited, a game in which you use words to enact your imagination.

Go!
Rayman 2014 redesign

ledman

I seriously thinking about asking for a refund over The Walking Dead, the save system is broken, I tried a lot of fixes searching on google and that's it for me, it seems that the bug is old and Telltale is not releasing any patch, the game is good but this really sucks.

HoosTrax

I wonder if some form of Mass Effect 3 goty version will end up on Steam once all of the DLC is out.
The problem with just GOTY Mass Effect 3 is that I believe the multiplayer mode has microtransactions. So it's not just an issue of DLC.

Maybe after EA shuts down the ME3 MP servers. Which actually might not take that long given their track record...

Enco

6.50 for a decent game that came out 6 months ago is hardly terrible.
I got it cheaper on GMG.

I think GMG is my go to place for games now. Steam is lagging behind price wise.

If GMG slowed down with their promotions I would still use them. Just don't want them to burn out. I can understand why steam doesn't do the same.

Hixx

Free games always mean much to me. For example, I could give them away here :p

Be glad you don't live in a country where it's $10.19, like mine.

Sorry was wrong before it's £6.79 which is about 11 dollars.

If we want to talk terrible: fuck Sonic Generations and it's £10 price :( Been a fiver in the last two Steam sales.

Go!

Good Negativitron? POSITIVITRON?!!?
RCwzw.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The problem with just GOTY Mass Effect 3 is that I believe the multiplayer mode has microtransactions. So it's not just an issue of DLC.

Maybe after EA shuts down the ME3 MP servers. Which actually might not take that long given their track record...

I don't see it ever happening unless Origin's popularity begins to wane, with the game being a wholly-EA project as opposed to something like, say, Crysis 3, which is published through EA Partners and will presumably show up eventually a la Crysis 2: ME.

KPJZKC

I will trade a copy of Oblivion:GOTY from the Bethesda Gamersgate thing for a copy of KOTOR II.

One western RPG for another. Any takers?

Edit: I can also Future-trade Morrowind for Kotor 1 (but I really want two). That can only happen in January though.

If you've still got Oblivion I'll bite!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So what are the odds of Sacred 2 and Magical Drop going on sale for more than 50%?

Type2

So great news I have some Gaffers adding keys to my giveaway for 12/25-12/26!
So fill up your wishlists and I'll be checking them twice to distribute some presents.

There are some big prizes but most range from 5-15$.

If anyone else cares to contribute some cheaper titles feel free to add me on steam:
hatemehnow

Also I want Torchlight 2 buddies to play with on the weekend!

I've added a discussion on the steam gaf group as well, Have about 30 gifts piled up on my lonesome along with some gaf contributions.
Saints Row:The Third Complete,Deus Ex: Human Revolution complete,Spec Ops, Bioshocks and more!

Go!
frightened Jacket from Hotline Miami
xh0ZD.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Should I get the Half-Life pack or will there be some better kind of Valve pack in a daily deal?

History suggests that the Valve Complete Pack won't be discounted any further.

Edit: Why is Steam Community saying I'm online? Maybe the app is open on my phone.

Tizoc

Woah KOTOR 1 and 2 are 2.49 each....really tempted to get them. I take it they're single player games, but what's the combat like. ...and should I get one over the other or are both good in their own way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom