• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
My Steam Sale damage so far (I doubt I'm going to get anything else, unless RE5 goes on sale):

• Devil May Cry 4 (GMG)
  • Critter Crunch (gift)
  • Mirror's Edge (gift)
  • Chivarly (gift)
  • Mass Effect Bundle
  • Bioshock (gift)
  • Star Wars: KOTOR2
  • Batman: AA GOTY (gift)

I feel like I've gotten some really amazing games this sale, but this sale has been lacking overall

Man, does valve even seem to know that other sites are having sales right now too? They are consistently being beat down by outside prices this time around.

Finally picking up KOTOR 2. The essential RPGs thread sold me on it even though the unfinished state of the game has always kept me from giving it a try. Loved the first one.

Speevy

Banned
Scribblenauts Unlimited for the best entry to the following contest. Contest ends in one hour.

I want you to make/draw a picture using any program with the following conditions. I want you to choose some character or enemy/NPC.

1) The character/enemy is from a video game
2) The character/enemy is exhibiting some trait people don't normally associate with them.

In other words, I want you to use the Scribblenauts format of adjective/noun in describing your video game character. Be sure to include the adjective and character name in your response.

So for example, you might make compassionate Kratos hugging someone instead of killing them.

This is in the spirit of Scribblenauts Unlimited, a game in which you use words to enact your imagination.

Go!

cicero

I don't want to be a party pooper and all that, but They Bleed Pixels, while awesome looking, strikes me SO MUCH as a game that will show up in a indie bundle in the not too distant future.

I decided it's a no go on the purchase, because I buy mostly all Indie Bundles and I will most certainly end up with an extra copy that's worthless like many of my extra copies from the Indie Bundles.

It'll just have to wait.

I was thinking the exact same thing...and then I irrationally insta-bought it after watching some youtube review. Then about an hour ago I jumped back on the store to insta-buy Half-Minute Hero after someone made some off-hand remark about it and suddenly thought, "I better jump on They Bleed Pixels too before it is too late", only to find that I had already bought it earlier.

That is probably the worst example I have of not remembering one of my purchases. Just noticed I had bought the Dungeon Siege Pack at some point too, I don't even remember it.

Mr. Hyde

I'M OVERTAKEN BY THE RATS!!!!!!!!

Send friends requests, maybe i'll give more than 5, I mean everyone should experience the joy (torture) of this game!!!!!

What is this bad rats game I keep hearing people talk about? I didn't even believe it was a real product until today. My steam name is novaxaru if anyone has a copy to sate my curiosity.

Type2

So for Rayman on PC, it says it supports local co-op so does that mean I can have two controllers or more hooked up to my PC?
Local PC co-op is kind of mind blowing for me when its not LAN.

Scribblenauts Unlimited for the best entry to the following contest. Contest ends in one hour.

I want you to make/draw a picture using any program with the following conditions. I want you to choose some character or enemy/NPC.

2) The character/enemy is exhibiting some trait people don't normally associate with them.

In other words, I want you to use the Scribblenauts format of adjective noun in describing your video game character. Be sure to include the adjective and character name in your response.

So for example, you might make compassionate Kratos hugging someone instead of killing them.

This is in the spirit of Scribblenauts Unlimited, a game in which you use words to enact your imagination.

Go!

Speevy with the best contests as usual. Merry Christmas! I hope this doesn't get overlooked because of the Bad Rats Hype.

These sales are intriguing but I've loaded up between Amazon, Gamefly and Steam so far. I'm waiting for Fallen Enchantress, FTL and Mark of the Ninja.

Everything else will have to wait for summer (or whenever the next sale is).

My Steam Sale damage so far (I doubt I'm going to get anything else, unless RE5 goes on sale):

• Devil May Cry 4 (GMG)
  • Critter Crunch (gift)
  • Mirror's Edge (gift)
  • Chivarly (gift)
  • Mass Effect Bundle
  • Bioshock (gift)
  • Star Wars: KOTOR2
  • Batman: AA GOTY (gift)

I feel like I've gotten some really amazing games this sale, but this sale has been lacking overall

there is still like whole week left

Volcynika

Sleeping Dogs $17.49 on Amazon. Grab it now, or wait to see if it gets cheaper on Steam? Also, Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition for $14.99. Gonna use the $5 Amazon credit to get it at $9.99 in January if the price still applies.

It'll be $18 in January, so the credit would make it $13.

Speevy

Banned
Scribblenauts Unlimited for the best entry to the following contest. Contest ends in two hours.

Scribblenauts-Unlimited-Logo.jpg

In other words, I want you to use the Scribblenauts format of adjective/noun in describing your video game character. Be sure to include the adjective and character name in your response.

Go!

New page. I changed it to two hours to give people time.

vidcons

Banned
I'M OVERTAKEN BY THE RATS!!!!!!!!

Send friends requests, maybe i'll give more than 5, I mean everyone should experience the joy (torture) of this game!!!!!

Haha.

I sent a copy out to a friend but have yet to let it into my library. TODAY IS THE DAY, BROTHER. LET'S SWAP RATS

Valve doesn't set/influence the sale prices as far as I'm aware.

They cant set prices. But they do encourage publishers to sell at lower prices. They provided thorough data that lowering prices could actually lead to more revenue. That's how this whole thing got rolling. Some publishers like Activision and Bethesda just dopnt seem to be able to grasp how it works.

Skyrim is #1 on the sales charts right now, and thats great. But at a $25 price point they would be making so much more money. They would have my money. This is for a game that still lists on Steam for $60 more than a year after it came out. It's ridiculous when you think about how much more money they could be making with a smarter price point.

They have influence over sale prices I'm sure.

No they don't. They cant set prices for someone elses product. They can only suggest prices which they've done in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom