• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

szaromir

Banned
Woah KOTOR 1 and 2 are 2.49 each....really tempted to get them. I take it they're single player games, but what's the combat like. ...and should I get one over the other or are both good in their own way?

They're both good in their own way. KOTOR1 feels like a Star Wars RPG you always wanted to play after watching The New Hope, KOTOR2 takes an interesting spin on the universe. I like the second game more but I think the consensus is KOTOR1 is better, so you should try for yourself. Don't play KOTOR2 without the restoration mod though!

Petrie

Banned
So great news I have some Gaffers adding keys to my giveaway for 12/25-12/26!
So fill up your wishlists and I'll be checking them twice to distribute some presents.

There are some big prizes but most range from 5-15$.

If anyone else cares to contribute some cheaper titles feel free to add me on steam:
hatemehnow

Also I want Torchlight 2 buddies to play with on the weekend!

I cannot seem to find the information about this giveaway. Can somebody point me to it?

Much appreciated. Might have a couple keys to throw in.

Scribblenauts Unlimited for the best entry to the following contest. Contest ends in two hours.

Scribblenauts-Unlimited-Logo.jpg

I want you to make/draw a picture using any program with the following conditions. I want you to choose some character or enemy/NPC.

1) The character/enemy is from a video game
2) The character/enemy is exhibiting some trait people don't normally associate with them.

In other words, I want you to use the Scribblenauts format of adjective/noun in describing your video game character. Be sure to include the adjective and character name in your response.

So for example, you might make compassionate Kratos hugging someone instead of killing them.

This is in the spirit of Scribblenauts Unlimited, a game in which you use words to enact your imagination.

Go!
ifeXpN8IA8ey5.png

Bikinibabe GlaDOS

cicero

Scribblenauts Unlimited for the best entry to the following contest. Contest ends in one hour.

I want you to make/draw a picture using any program with the following conditions. I want you to choose some character or enemy/NPC.

1) The character/enemy is from a video game
2) The character/enemy is exhibiting some trait people don't normally associate with them.

In other words, I want you to use the Scribblenauts format of adjective/noun in describing your video game character. Be sure to include the adjective and character name in your response.

So for example, you might make compassionate Kratos hugging someone instead of killing them.

This is in the spirit of Scribblenauts Unlimited, a game in which you use words to enact your imagination.

Go!

He didn't solve all of the puzzles...he ate them.
PQWAs.png

Tizoc

They're both good in their own way. KOTOR1 feels like a Star Wars RPG you always wanted to play after watching The New Hope, KOTOR2 takes an interesting spin on the universe. I like the second game more but I think the consensus is KOTOR1 is better, so you should try for yourself. Don't play KOTOR2 without the restoration mod though!

Thanks mate, will def. play KOTOR 2 with the mod though, heck I plan on playing as many of my PC games with any mod that would improve its performance haha.
...but just checking the KOTOR deal is up for a little under 24 hours atm right?
I'm doing night shift and will be sleeping in like 6-ish hours so I may not have time to purchase it soon XP

Speevy

Banned
Contest over. We should have a winner shortly. I'll judge your entries on the basis of humor, creativity, and effort.

Also, I'm going to assume that all of you made these, and didn't simply google search for a funny image.

Winner incoming.

Caerith

So, for buying a THQ game, I got a $5 credit on Amazon to use on THQ games on 12/25. So... what, on this page, should I get?

(I already have SR3, Darksiders 1+2, all the humble bundle stuff. I'm thinking maybe SR2?)

Speevy

Banned
I've never had a winner come this close to the end.

Before his entry, I was about to award either Sprayman or the happy Cloud.

However, this fat Professor Layton just blew me away.

Outstanding. cicero wins.

Enco

So, for buying a THQ game, I got a $5 credit on Amazon to use on THQ games on 12/25. So... what, on this page, should I get?

(I already have SR3, Darksiders 1+2, all the humble bundle stuff. I'm thinking maybe SR2?)
SR2 is the most horrendous PC port there is.

It's downright unplayable and a complete con. Biggest waste of money I have ever spent.

Nimajneb

...but just checking the KOTOR deal is up for a little under 24 hours atm right?
I'm doing night shift and will be sleeping in like 6-ish hours so I may not have time to purchase it soon XP

Flash deals last for 12 hours, so the KOTOR deal ends in about 10 hours. There's a timer on Steams front page.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
thanks to KPJZKC and Cosmic Schwung, I'm all the way KOTORED.

Thaks guys (and don't worry Cosmic, I'll get you that Morrowind Key!)

Omega

Banned
Just bought Saints Row 3: The full package but it shows up as just SR3 on my library, is it supposed to show up as that?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Congrats, cicero!

I didn't win, but hey. Here's a code for The Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb anyway! :D I can't actually guarantee it works, since I posted it on my FB, but I don't have THAT many friends who use Steam and nobody posted to tell me they took it, so I assume it still works. Let me know if you take it and if it works!

(Quote to see)

Type2

I cannot seem to find the information about this giveaway. Can somebody point me to it?

Much appreciated. Might have a couple keys to throw in.

Im not sure if I should make a thread(Oh yeah I cant lol) or run through steam for it. I posted something on the steam group for it too. Guess me an vidcon will be running it. PM me Petrie!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
(Reposting for the new page, just in case)

Congrats, cicero!

I didn't win, but hey. Here's a code for The Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb anyway! :D I can't actually guarantee it works, since I posted it on my FB, but I don't have THAT many friends who use Steam and nobody posted to tell me they took it, so I assume it still works. Let me know if you take it and if it works!

(Quote to see)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So what are the chances of ACIII going on sale? GMG, Gamersgate and Steam still don't have any discounts on it, c'mon Ubi!

AC:Revs went on sale during last year's Winter Sale and it too released in November, so it's certainly possible.

cicero

(Reposting for the new page, just in case)

Congrats, cicero!

(Quote to see)

Thanks man!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I just tried They Bleed Pixels. It's GOOD.

Sorry was wrong before it's £6.79 which is about 11 dollars.

If we want to talk terrible: fuck Sonic Generations and it's £10 price :( Been a fiver in the last two Steam sales.
Yeah, can't believe what Sega did with the pricing there.

SR2 is the most horrendous PC port there is.

It's downright unplayable and a complete con. Biggest waste of money I have ever spent.

I think the Gentlemen of the Row mod fixes most the problems.

thanks to KPJZKC and Cosmic Schwung, I'm all the way KOTORED.

Thaks guys (and don't worry Cosmic, I'll get you that Morrowind Key!)

No problem, mate. Incidentally if anybody ever needs help getting something from the UK store, feel free to message me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom