• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

I missed that whole thing, obviously. I never had anything against him either, I liked his posts and he got me some free games too, but I can see why people would get the feeling that he wouldn't be part of this community otherwise if it wasn't about selling us stuff. In any case, he got banned by Evilore, and not due to how ppl here treated him or something.

Played NS2 for an hour. Its not fun so i uninstalled it right away.

Worst game i played so far... i hope you guys dont make this mistake.

7.50€ gone for this bullshit.

1-D_FTW

Wish Rocketbirds had a demo... and I'd played it. People throw around the flash bit too often, but this truly does feel like a flash game.

vocab

Played NS2 for an hour. Its not fun so i uninstalled it right away.

Worst game i played so far... i hope you guys dont make this mistake.

7.50€ gone for this bullshit.

It's a really good game with some complex mechanics. I don't know what you were expecting when you bought it, but it sounds like you had no idea what you were getting into. Don't tell other people to avoid it when you cant even tell other people why it's not good/not fun.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Botanicula and Broken Sword collection for me today. No good deals on major games, but I ain't even mad.

Waiting primarily on Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, Earth Defense Force 3, Walking Dead.

It's a really good game with some complex mechanics. I don't know what you were expecting when you bought it, but it sounds like you had no idea what you were getting into. Don't tell other people to avoid it when you cant even tell other people why it's not good/not fun.

I knew it will be a tactical shooter with RTS elements. But for me it wasn fun it was just boring. It was just jump here jump there do that repair this and then kill that. There was nothing special about it. And the RTS elements where at least fun for a few minutes. The aliens were quite nice for the first few minutes until you realise that you have 5 seconds to kill somebody or you will die.

At least the shooter mechanics were old school.

This or that, Amazon seems to be lacking in new deals too. They reheated old bundles, the novelty of them are now worn and many are already bought because of their really cheap prices.
They should have hit yesterday, and hit hard. With Steam Sale began, they'll either match the prices and try to keep up, or do something amazing to win people yet I can't foresee anything.

Greenmangaming has posted a coupon and the occasional deals but nothing special either.

This sale needs more action by these parties to keep Steam a bit on their toes, some competitive pricing would liven up the sales.

Shambles

I missed that whole thing, obviously. I never had anything against him either, I liked his posts and he got me some free games too, but I can see why people would get the feeling that he wouldn't be part of this community otherwise if it wasn't about selling us stuff. In any case, he got banned by Evilore, and not due to how ppl here treated him or something.

Tony was alright but he crossed the line he made some game-give away post in the steam thread that lead to 100 people quoting his PR post for a non-steam game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Patrician III is probably the most time-consuming game I'll ever have tried out, but I'm enjoying it so far. The music is amazing and the graphics is imo crisp! I like it!

I'll play it for another 30-45 minutes but then I'm off to bed unfortunately :( Will continue my "Will play every game this Winter Sales"-spree tomorrow :D!

vocab

I knew it will be a tactical shooter with RTS elements. But for me it wasn fun it was just boring. It was just jump here jump there do that repair this and then kill that. There was nothing special about it. And the RTS elements where at least fun for a few minutes. The aliens were quite nice for the first few minutes until you realise that you have 5 seconds to kill somebody or you will die.

At least the shooter mechanics were old school.

Skulks are pretty fragile, but you can easily take out 2-4 marines by your self if you know how to move efficiently with a skulk. I see you didn't even get further down the tech tree for both sides. Aliens have other units besides skulks, and upgrades to prevent them from dying as fast. If it's boring to you, that's fine, but there's a lot more to the game then what you mentioned.

Anyone knows some Japanese or Japanese-inspired"Indie" Games on Steam.

I already have :

All Gundemonium Games
A.R.E.S.
Cave Story+
Chantelise
Recettear
Sequence
To the Moon
Breath of Death+Cthullu
Recettear
Fortune Summoner
Both YS Games
Analogue
Fairy Bloom Freesia

On my wishlist are:

Ether Vapor
Cherry Tree Comedy Club
All exCeed Games
Sine Mora
Half Minute Hero

There was at least one I also wanted to try, but cant remember the Name. I guess it was on PSP before or so. Any suggestions what am I missing? :)

Metallix87

Thank you, Santa!

qOau4.jpg

Can someone explain the whole "wait for the daily deal" thing to me?

The daily deals remain daily deals til the end of the sale, is that it?

Or is it just that you should wait on games you know that you specifically want to see if they pop up as a daily deal during the sale?

Petrie

Banned

Or is it just that you should wait on games you know that you specifically want to see if they pop up as a daily deal during the sale?

This one.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Another one bites the Bad Rats auto-save-fail dust!

22:53 - xxxxx: No autosave so I lost my progress
22:54 - xxxxx: I was doing well too
22:54 - xxxxx: but so much for that

And then he rage quits and starts playing another game :lol

Skulks are pretty fragile, but you can easily take out 2-4 marines by your self if you know how to move efficiently with a skulk. I see you didn't even get further down the tech tree for both sides. Aliens have other units besides skulks, and upgrades to prevent them from dying as fast. If it's boring to you, that's fine, but there's a lot more to the game then what you mentioned.

I played every Alien unit. I couldnt try the Mech Outfit because our commander was too dump for it. And for the Aliens : the upgrade was not ready.

The Rhino was a lot of fun but it didnt really worked for me. Somehow every hit was a miss (even when i pointed on him above my horn and stand close to him) and running did nothing.

Danj

If a game you want is not a daily deal or a flash sale, chances are it is not the cheapest price it can be, unless it is the last day of the sale.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Anyone knows some Japanese or Japanese-inspired"Indie" Games on Steam.

I already have :

All Gundemonium Games
A.R.E.S.
Cave Story+
Chantelise
Recettear
Sequence
To the Moon
Breath of Death+Cthullu
Recettear
Fortune Summoner
Both YS Games
Analogue
Fairy Bloom Freesia

On my wishlist are:

Ether Vapor
Cherry Tree Comedy Club
All exCeed Games
Sine Mora
Half Minute Hero

There was at least one I also wanted to try, but cant remember the Name. I guess it was on PSP before or so. Any suggestions what am I missing? :)

ClaDun X2

There's also a bunch on Greenlight, but if you can't wait you can mostly get them from Desura: Bunny Must Die, Higurashi, War of the Human Tanks, etc

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You think Stronghold will go down for lower than before?

Also is there a way to "alert" you if you have a game wanting to go for daily/flash? Cities in Motion seems to be really enticing.

Petrie

Banned
Why do I want to rebuy both Batman games, despite already having played both on 360, and knowing I will never go back to them?

WHY GABE!

Perkel

Banned
Batman AA for 5€............................................................. fuck.... no i have other games to play ! Small step for me big step forward for my backlog

Echoplx

What are the chances for Dark Souls and Binairy Domain sales?

Pretty sure Amazon will have Dark Souls for 15$ sometime soon (Steam code) and Binary Domain has been under 10$ at various different stores frequently over the last month so it seems very likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom