• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

I seriously thinking about asking for a refund over The Walking Dead, the save system is broken, I tried a lot of fixes searching on google and that's it for me, it seems that the bug is old and Telltale is not releasing any patch, the game is good but this really sucks.
Why are they not fixing it?

MRORANGE

GAF, how good is Sleeping Dogs?

Very good.

iWpkspOBezPer.gif

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, good plan!
Yup. I already have Borderlands GOTY and the BioShocks, so I couldn't justify spending $10 on it. But $5 is easier to stomach, and I'd be able to gift the BioShocks here and help spread some joy (think I'll gift Borderlands to a friend, with the promise that we play co-op someday).

Wthermans

Banned
I loved MNC, but haven't touched the sequel. I really need to, it's just a lack of time and abundance of games!

Walking Dead has taken over my holiday.

It's quite different. Much more MOBA oriented. I have almost 1000 hours so far. Uninstalled to clear our my backlog but if you pick it up, let me know and we'll team up. :)

Petrie

Banned
It's quite different. Much more MOBA oriented. I have almost 1000 hours so far. Uninstalled to clear our my backlog but if you pick it up, let me know and we'll team up. :)

Problem is they made it FTP, which I don't dislike, but when I have no cash invested, I feel no pressure to play sooner and get my monies worth, if that makes sense.

I'd really like to get Rayman Origins. Wish I knew if it would hit 75% or less sometime during this sale.

Very unlikely. Once something is daily/flash deal, it won't go lower (I know of only one exception). Also, Ubisoft is very stingy when it comes to sales and it's the first time the game is lower than 50%.

Although not exactly clear, he was referring to the 2K credit. "If you have one of the $5 coupons from Amazon, you may be able to get it tomorrow for 5 bucks": the 2K credit goes live tomorrow and you can't use the Editor's Choice credit until January.

Actually I'm referring to the same deal.
2K will offer $5 coupons, good for PC Digital 2K products on sale at Amazon.com (greater than $9.99) to every customer who purchased a 2K product in 2012. Coupons can be used from 12/26-12/31
But I see your point, just wanted to point it out since most people have lots of THQ coupons.

Contemplating buying KOTOR II (played it many times before, still have the CDs somewhere). Is it possible to get the restoration mod working with Steam?

Sianos

Rayman Oranges is well worth it, such a wonderful game. Love the atmosphere and music. The control are tight and the mechanics interesting and fluid.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Actually I'm referring to the same deal.

But I see your point, just wanted to point it out since most people have lots of THQ coupons.

Yes, I know, but I was just making the point that he was referring, albeit unclearly, to the 2K credit specifically.

kitzkozan

Got Kotor 2 at last and I'll play it with the mods. :) It's also nice to get back the same DLC I had for Oblivion on the 360 for cheap (in fact, it did cost me much more on the 360). Really looking forward to playing both Morrowind and Oblivion with the mods while I wait for the GOTY version of Skyrim.

mannerbot

Witcher 2 is $12

I'm assuming it won't go any lower so should I just get it now?

Like Nabs said, it'll almost certainly be a flash/daily/community choice sale at $7.50.

Does Rayman really use tages?

The Amazon listing is a shame, as Ubisoft was supposed to have learned that DRM is ineffectual and only serves to screw over your paying customers. It was originally released DRM-free so I guess they actually added that DRM months after release, unless the page listing is in error. The Steam copy though is DRM-free and I think can be run without running Steam.

Petrie

Banned
Well thanks to Kandrick I now own Dawn of War 2, which is very much appreciated, ut also now forces me to buckle down and finish the first game (or do I just skip ahead?). Backlog attack go!

Can't not play a gift, skips right to the head of my line!

Thank you!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Weird, Ubisoft promised that Rayman Origins would be DRM free.

And it was also said that the Steam version would have no third-party DRM, which implies Steam CEG, so the actual situation is something of an inverse: the retail version has DRM whereas the Steam version has no DRM.

Edit:
I think the physical retail release is completely DRM free.

Ah, yeah, you're right.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Well thanks to Kandrick I now own Dawn of War 2, which is very much appreciated, ut also now forces me to buckle down and finish the first game (or do I just skip ahead?). Backlog attack go!

Thank you!

You are welcome!

Thank you!

Added you. Getting back into the steam business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom