• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What are people's expectation for Dark Souls? Any chance of 75% off?

Wondering whether I should jump on the Amazon sale.

If you're strapped for cash and have Editor's Choice promo credit, you'll be able to get Dark Souls for $13 from Amazon come January. That's a saving of a whole 200 cents!

dani_dc

And it was also said that the Steam version would have no third-party DRM, which implies Steam CEG, so the actual situation is something of an inverse: the retail version has DRM whereas the Steam version has no DRM.

Edit:

Ah, yeah, you're right.

From what I recall all downloadable versions sans Steam have DRM. Gamersgate page, like amazon, also list TAGES.

What are people's expectation for Dark Souls? Any chance of 75% off?

Wondering whether I should jump on the Amazon sale.

50% would be the best I'd expect. 66% if we're very lucky. Point being jump on Amazon sale or follow JaseC suggestion.

ShaneB

Never apologize for being both generous and fun. Kudos to you.

You won Civ V earlier! You go play that :p But thank, have gotten a few gifts, and my Steam Wallet is staring at me to spend something.

Wow, thanks a bunch man, I very much appreciate it :D Looking forward to checking out some chivalry multiplayer action.

Grats man, it' a blast, and plenty of fellow gaffers are playing, so no shortage of fun to be had/

Chivalry is the best xmas gift anyone could ever ask for

I agree! Nothing more festive and friendly than a fun time of yelling and dismemberment!

Really hoping this last flash deal has 75% off Awesomenauts, my supreme cheap-osity prevents me from buying it now if it has the chance of being on sale later on and I want it before Christmas.

Petrie

Banned
You won Civ V earlier! You go play that :p But thank, have gotten a few gifts, and my Steam Wallet is staring at me to spend something.

Hey, I made it known in my entry that would be a second copy for my gf so we could play MP!

I have a copy of Saints Row 3: Total package to give away. First to quote me AND post a link to their Steam profile with no Saints Row games owned gets it.

KjGyp.png

Thanks again to ShaneB, very nice giveaway! Gotta love that steam gaf generosity, will definitely try to pay it forward next time I have the chance.

Chivalry!
Definitely want to get that game someday.
The video they have for it just looks soooo awesome.

ALSO:
For those of us with some extra keys, what's the best way to gift them at this point?

Steamgifts, random quote me posts, or something else?

baconcow

My 3 main games on my wishlist, Mark of the Ninja, World in Conflict, and Silent Hunters III are almost completely being ignored by this Steam sale.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
For those of us with some extra keys, what's the best way to gift them at this point?

Steamgifts, random quote me posts, or something else?

Steamgifts I think are better, since it is a nice surprise for the person. Something else would be a contest of sorts.

I wanted to thank MrFortyFive for gifting me Saints Row 3 on his own accord. He did it a couple of days ago and i haven't had a chance to thank him proper. It's a really kind gesture.

Katoki

Chivalry is great. I got it for my brother and am amused just watching him play. Them epic fist fights at the end of each round..

Buying it for myself and actually playing the game? Nah..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom