• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrie

Banned
I've come into a spare Sleeping Dogs key. Now does it go to Bingo, or an interesting giveaway here. Decisions, decisions.

Probably an Xmas morning giveaway!

I think I'll just buy the Fallout bundle. Just waiting until jan 5th to see if it gets any cheaper. There's a lot of things that kind of, sort of interest me. Spec Ops: The Line, Of Orcs and Men to name a few but they're just not quite at that impulse buy price.

Have to wonder how many sales of ME3 EA is losing out on not being on Steam. I'm sure some executive somewhere has graphs and slides designed to show that somehow this will work out more profitable for them in the end. It wont, but I'm sure he had graphs and slides explaining that somehow it would.

MRORANGE

Have to wonder how many sales of ME3 EA is losing out on not being on Steam. I'm sure some executive somewhere has graphs and slides designed to show that somehow this will work out more profitable for them in the end. It wont, but I'm sure he had graphs and slides explaining that somehow it would.

There was a surge of ME1/ME2 sales on Steam when ME3 was released, so it's having some impact.

How is Chivalry performance-wise? Does it run well on most systems?

Something I've been wondering as well, I can run Portal 2, L4D2, and TF2 comfortably on medium settings but things like Planetside 2 are well beyond my systems capabilities even on the lowest of the low. How does Chivalry match up?

Jibbed

How is Chivalry performance-wise? Does it run well on most systems?

It's UDK-based with a few extra effects thrown in for good measure, so as you'd expect from past games running on similar tech, it runs very well. I'm getting a solid 60fps with everything maxed at 1920x1080, even though my GTX 560ti is starting to show it's age on some other recent releases (Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed 3 to name a few). My brother was also playing it earlier on his laptop (I think it has a GT 650m or something) and he was able to get a similar framerate with only a few things turned to medium. As far as I can tell it's well-optimised.

As for the visuals themselves, the game certainly has its moments. There's one particular level called 'Ruins' which just looks stunning - almost next-gen with the lighting and everything. More than worth it for even the non-sale price of the game, it's a blast.

feel

AlexBasch

Can someone help a fellow gaffer here? ):

My bank has been rejecting Steam buys ever since today and I can't buy Alan Wake. It's one of the few games I truly wanted for this sale and it bums me that I might miss it, since it's gonna run out in a couple of hours. D:

So here's an offer, can someone help me out get it and I'll get you either the Saints Row 3 Full Package or the Darksiders 2 DLC tomorrow with one of my coupons.

Lots of thanks in advance.

ksdixon

man i wish Stacking and Costume Quest would both come down in price. I'm holding out on the remaining sale money that's been set aside for some games hopefully becoming flash/daily deals.

Jibbed

Disappointed in this years winter sale, tbh. I was anticipating something much bigger than this. Shame.

Yup, I was a bit annoyed that Black Ops 2 wasn't included in the CoD franchise sale today. Even just -25% or something would've been good.

I've spent most of my wallet funds on Chivalry and the Simbin deals instead anyway, Chivalry in particular is hilarious/fantastic/beautiful.

Disappointed in this years winter sale, tbh. I was anticipating something much bigger than this. Shame.

This is my first steam sale and it has been years since I've been so excited about video games.

There's two sides to this coin, and I hope people who post discouraging things will realize that

MRORANGE

This is my first steam sale and it has been years since I've been so excited about video games.

There's two sides to this coin, and I hope people who post discouraging things will realize that
TKWhA.png

man i wish Stacking and Costume Quest would both come down in price. I'm holding out on the remaining sale money that's been set aside for some games hopefully becoming flash/daily deals.

Theres still 10 days left, im sure they will.

On a side note, I beat stacking last night, what a brilliant little game. Doublefine can do no wrong

edit: I just saw in the amazon thread if you want them nao
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007XWHO98/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007XWHLQ4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Dmax3901

I'm disappointed because there's no achievement hunt. The big one that was scattered throughout a whole bunch of different games so you actually played them for a little bit instead of just dling and then never touching :p

Jibbed

Gabengraph.

So true.

If EA weren't being such bastards with Origin-exclusive games, I could complete my Battlefield and Mass Effect collections. Apart from those there's not many games I don't have to be honest.

I'm disappointed because there's no achievement hunt. The big one that was scattered throughout a whole bunch of different games so you actually played them for a little bit instead of just dling and then never touching :p

Yeah me too! I've got so many strange games in my library with "1 hour played" that I'll never touch again, it was kinda fun branching out,

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Sorry - I know this has been answered somewhere - I remember seeing it mentioned here but can't find the thread. Where do we look for people setting-up group-buys for 4-packs? I'd like to get in on Chivalry - but $10 is my limit.

Thanks!

My bank has been rejecting Steam buys ever since today and I can't buy Alan Wake. It's one of the few games I truly wanted for this sale and it bums me that I might miss it, since it's gonna run out in a couple of hours. D:

So here's an offer, can someone help me out get it and I'll get you either the Saints Row 3 Full Package or the Darksiders 2 DLC tomorrow with one of my coupons.

PM'd, I can help you out!

dot

;)

@Grim - Don't bother, i sent it to Kiefer already.

Symphonic

Oh man, LEGO Lord of the Rings is excellent. They've really upped the graphics in these games, it looks incredible, and the voice acting and music and general gameplay are all stellar.

Such a steal for 7.50, jump on this people. Multiplayer is awesome as well, only wish it had online.

Also lol at the achievement

One does not simply...
Walk Into Mordor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom