• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
A second chance to get Borderlands 2, praise thee Valve! And on Christmas day to boot!

.. old Tomb Raider on the other hand, despite being a favourite when I was younger, has aged horribly, so i'll pass. I have the new trilogy already which is better.

The old ones have aged badly, but Anniversary is fantastic. Classic gameplay mechanics and level design with a (somewhat) modern look.

How well do the LEGO games play on the PC? Really enjoyed them on the 360, but feel like they're amazing console games that won't work as well on PC?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Anniversary is the best bet.

Legend is good.

Haven't played the others, but I hear that the second of the original series was good, and Underworld was alright but had some bugs.

That last sentence may or may not be entirely accurate.

arit

Finally (I hope) Giana Sisters. Now the only thin missing on my list would be -75% x-com, but I guess that's not gonna happen this year.

Grief.exe

What would you chaps like me to vote for this round. I have no preference.

I don't personally know too much about these games.

Miner Wars apparently launched with some crippling DRM.

Towns launched completely bug ridden to take advantage of Steam income after the Greenlight.

Giana Sisters seems like a solid vote.

Note: I really don't know too much about any of these games but snippets I've picked up from gaf, reddit, and youtube. If anyone corrects me I'll edit it in.

Finally (I hope) Giana Sisters. Now the only thin missing on my list would be -75% x-com, but I guess that's not gonna happen this year.

Its steamworks so looking around will easily net you a better deal than Steam.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Since no one posted a Gif for Fringe, I'll just go with first to quote get's "The ship".

Fuck it, i'll do it!

fringe+copy.jpg

Remfin

Just an update on a question I almost literally just asked:

LEGO LOTR/Batman 2 are missing at minimum some kind of DirectX redist that's in LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7. Once Steam ran its installers, the other 2 started working.

Aretak

Bought the two KotOR games since I'd never played them, but it was apparently a complete waste of money as the first one doesn't seem to work at all on Windows 8. Just spent an hour trying every single fix I could find for Windows 7, but none of them even came close. It just crashes instantly as soon as I start it up.

0EGjG.gif

Omega

Banned
Bought the two KotOR games since I'd never played them, but it was apparently a complete waste of money as the first one doesn't seem to work at all on Windows 8. Just spent an hour trying every single fix I could find for Windows 7, but none of them even came close. It just crashes instantly as soon as I start it up.

0EGjG.gif

wow. i just bought them too

oh well, it's only $5..

Get Games has it for $38 right now.

UPlay key though.

Steam retail keys have been registered somewhere, but they haven't shown up yet to my knowledge.

Yeah everything I see is Uplay. I am not against the service, I would just rather have Far Cry 3 on the same service as the other two.

Jzero

The first game runs like shit on Windows 7 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom