• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
OF COURSE they're going to refund you even if you didn't ask for it.

It was a 98 dollar purchase that they fucked up and allowed you to pay 26 for. They're prolly running around in circles in their offices as we speak.

The more refunds they can kick out the door, either you asked for them or not, is a good thing.

I wouldn't have contacted them AT ALL.

If something happens, you should contact them when everybody will be getting their keys. Then they would have no excuse.

The games disappeared from my shelf and I shouldn't have contacted them? Where does that logic track? I was out $28, I just wanted to know if I still had them or not. I even said in my ticket that if I had to wait until January that I was fine with that.

Like I said, its no big deal but I just wanted others in this thread to know in case it happened to them.

ShaneB

Dreamfall, enjoy the gift of 'Yesterday'! Play it and let me know how it is as a fellow adventure game fan.

In exchange, thank you so much for Mark of the Ninja!

dreamfall

Dreamfall, enjoy the gift of 'Yesterday'! Play it and let me know how it is as a fellow adventure game fan.

In exchange, thank you so much for Mark of the Ninja!

You are far too kind! Thanks for all the awesome giveaways, just wanted to trade the GAF giving spirit! You're a Ninja of goodness!

Yesterday shall be amazing!

I just finished Sleeping Dogs last night so I need to move on to another game on my back log. I have to finish up the last 3 episodes of the Walking Dead but that's not a game that's going to put me in the Christmas spirit. I'll possibly start over with Fallout New Vegas but when I start that, I want to go all in so that's a bit of a time commitment.

I just finished Sleeping Dogs last night so I need to move on to another game on my back log. I have to finish up the last 3 episodes of the Walking Dead but that's not a game that's going to put me in the Christmas spirit. I'll possibly start over with Fallout New Vegas but when I start that, I want to go all in so that's a bit of a time commitment.

Did you get Marvin's Mittens?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
C'mon Valve, put Bit.Trip Core and Void at 75% off each! And Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet too, and Symphony and the Oddbox.

dot

signature.png

Just copy and paste the whole thing from the signature area.

jediyoshi

Ah okay. Guess i'll get it later next year when it's inevitably cheaper. :)

Single player games I get putting on the backburner, but multiplayer games, especially indie ones, you may as well get while they're hot if you're interested at all.

dot

Single player games I get putting on the backburner, but multiplayer games, especially indie ones, you may as well get while they're hot if you're interested at all.

Yeah, i know. But my backlog is big enough as is. The price is a bit much for an impulse buy from me anyways.

Not really worried about the online community.

Dambrosi

Banned
Disregard my post on top of the page, I checked my Inventory and it's filled with stuff I already have or don't play so I'm giving some stuff away for free:

Sonic Generations gone to JZero

Frozen Synapse gone to Cramoss

Cthulhu Saves the World + Breath of Death VII

nail'd

Quote this post telling me which game on the list you want (one per person) and then add me to steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/-serotonina to get it.

First-come, first-served.

Did nobody claim Nail'd? I'll have it. Edit: Friend Request sent.

dreamfall

Voted for Giana Sisters! The demo was pretty fun- and it was Christmas inspired! I think if it wins it'll be the cheapest I've seen?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Ooo, voting Giana Sisters.

Also a good collection of sales in my opinion. Tomb Raider Collection is a maybe for me.

Piano

Banned
I keep going back and forth on Saints Row 3.

On the one hand, it looks like it could be chaotic fun. Things like insurance fraud look like a blast. It got great reviews.

But there are a few things working against it:
+GTA IV burned me out on open world games. I own a copy of SR2 I haven't touched in 2 years. The whole 'drive around over and over again to do more useless shit' gameplay style seems frustrating and boring now.
+Parts of the game I've seen seem like they're trying way too hard to be 'zany' or are needlessly laced with profane 7th-grade humor. This from someone who enjoyed Bulletstorm.
+A good friend of mine said he found the game boring because you're too powerful.

What say you, GAF? SR3, yay or nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom