• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought the two KotOR games since I'd never played them, but it was apparently a complete waste of money as the first one doesn't seem to work at all on Windows 8. Just spent an hour trying every single fix I could find for Windows 7, but none of them even came close. It just crashes instantly as soon as I start it up.

I'm on Windows 7 and can't get past the Lucasarts logo for KotOR 1. Just a black screen. Kinda irked as I really wanted to finally play this game.

Was on the way to visit relatives, as I mentioned some pages ago, and got into a really bad car accident. Someone ran into us from behind and totaled the entire back end. New-ish car too. It was dark and raining but thankfully there wasn't any other traffic around. Car got wrecked pretty bad but it could have been so much worse. We weren't hurt though, not even any minor injuries. The whiplash may kick in later though.

Anyway, got the car towed, got a ride to a hotel, got online, found out that grandjedi gifted me KOTOR and KOTOR 2! Definitely helps out with a crap situation like this. :)

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Bought the two KotOR games since I'd never played them, but it was apparently a complete waste of money as the first one doesn't seem to work at all on Windows 8. Just spent an hour trying every single fix I could find for Windows 7, but none of them even came close. It just crashes instantly as soon as I start it up.

0EGjG.gif

Any of this help you?

dot

Was on the way to visit relatives, as I mentioned some pages ago, and got into a really bad car accident. Someone ran into us from behind and totaled the entire back end. New-ish car too. It was dark and raining but thankfully there wasn't any other traffic around. Car got wrecked pretty bad but it could have been so much worse. We weren't hurt though, not even any minor injuries. The whiplash may kick in later though.

Anyway, got the car towed, got a ride to a hotel, got online, found out that grandjedi gifted me KOTOR and KOTOR 2! Definitely helps out with a crap situation like this. :)

Wow, it's good that you're alright. Nice one grandjedi.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
This might help push you away from Towns...
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/towns
Haha, wow.

Just in case any of you weren't aware, Towns was at version 0.60 when they were greenlit. That magically became "version 6" for the Steam release. They basically just changed the version numbering to make the game appear more complete. I haven't played it myself, but I've heard lots of beta-quality things.

Hoping everyone votes Giana Sisters, which is...well, actually a finished product.

I'm on Windows 7 and can't get past the Lucasarts logo for KotOR 1. Just a black screen. Kinda irked as I really wanted to finally play this game.
There's a fix for that. I had the same problem. Something with disabling cutscenes fixed it. Google KotOR crashing start and you'll find what to do

Tizoc

I voted for Giana Sisters~

Disregard my post on top of the page, I checked my Inventory and it's filled with stuff I already have or don't play so I'm giving some stuff away for free:

Sonic Generations gone to JZero

Frozen Synapse gone to Cramoss

Cthulhu Saves the World + Breath of Death VII

nail'd

Quote this post telling me which game on the list you want (one per person) and then add me to steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/-serotonina to get it.

First-come, first-served.

Just got around to adding u mate, I'd like Cthulhu saves the world+BoD7 if possible please, in case you missed my previous post.

TheChits

Wow that is awful. Glad to hear no one was hurt

HoosTrax

Sounds identical to what happened to me two weeks ago. I was stopped behind another car on an exit ramp because of slow traffic due to rain all morning. Ford F-150 plowed right into my rear and wrecked the shit out of it (first thing I saw when my eyes shot towards the rearview mirror was my trunk lid flying open from the impact).

Good to hear you're ok. Luckily, cars these days are pretty well build to keep occupants safe. For what it's worth, I didn't have any whiplash afterwards, so hopefully you'll luck out in that regard as well. Anyhoo, I was about due for a new car anyway, and I have a shiny new Civic in the garage now.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member

I'm sorry to hear that but glad everybody is fine. You're gonna be sore in the morning I'm sure.

Sounds identical to what happened to me two weeks ago. I was stopped behind another car on an exit ramp because of slow traffic due to rain all morning. Ford F-150 plowed right into my rear and wrecked the shit out of it (first thing I saw when my eyes shot towards the rearview mirror was my trunk lid flying open from the impact).

Good to hear you're ok. Luckily, cars these days are pretty well build to keep occupants safe. For what it's worth, I didn't have any whiplash afterwards, so hopefully you'll luck out in that regard as well. Anyhoo, I was about due for a new car anyway, and I have a shiny new Civic in the garage now.

This just happened out of nowhere. There was no build up at all. No noises or horns or screeching tires. I had the Halo 4 soundtrack going and our dog had just thrown up and that was about all that was sort of going on and then OH HAI MARK

Not trying to derail the thread, sorry. I just wanted to make a special mention of how a fellow GAFfer really perked me up a bit after a very bad ordeal and that all the gifting going on between everyone is highly appreciated.

sixclaws

Banned
Does the borderlands season pass include the Mechromancer?

No, the Mechromancer was a preorder bonus and now is a standalone charge. The season pass includes Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty, Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage, Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt, and one more.

bozeman

Can all the Tomb Raiders be played with a controller? Just checked a few of them and only Anniversary mentioned partial support.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Why won't Psychonauts work in Windows 7'/?!?!?!

I tried playing it again on my new SSD Windows install and still no picture but getting sound.

Piano

Banned
I keep going back and forth on Saints Row 3.

On the one hand, it looks like it could be chaotic fun. Things like insurance fraud look like a blast. It got great reviews.

But there are a few things working against it:
+GTA IV burned me out on open world games. I own a copy of SR2 I haven't touched in 2 years. The whole 'drive around over and over again to do more useless shit' gameplay style seems frustrating and boring now.
+Parts of the game I've seen seem like they're trying way too hard to be 'zany' or are needlessly laced with profane 7th-grade humor. This from someone who enjoyed Bulletstorm.
+A good friend of mine said he found the game boring because you're too powerful.

What say you, GAF? SR3, yay or nay?

Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom