• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennah

No, the Mechromancer was a preorder bonus and now is a standalone charge. The season pass includes Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty, Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage, Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt, and one more.
That is serious balls. I don't want to pay $10 for a class.

sixclaws

Banned

I have a code for the original game from the THQ Humble Bundle if you want it. Just take note that it doesn't come with any of the dlc.

Also in regards to your question I found the game to be quite fun. While a few times the humor was a little too juvenile some of the things that you can do were really fun. In terms of being too powerful, that only happens close to the end of the game when you can eventually buy enough upgrades to not take any damage.

Kevin

Giana Sisters is quite awesome. Played the demo then bought the game on GMG with the coupon. Runs really well too. I voted on it for you guys. :)

You will get a Steam key.

okay-meme-face.jpg

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I had no issues when I played it earlier this year on 7x64.

Every other game ever has worked so I'm wondering why it's doing that. It says on the FAQ that running virus programs may cause it but I'm not about to disable the 2 I use just to play this game.

It should work right out of the box in Windows 7 with no fussing with things like that. I didn't see anything that might be helpful in the new Steam hub forums, but maybe check the old SPUF subforum to see if there's anything there.

Edit: Maybe this?

Looking at that alt solution now, thanks.

You cant just save the key in text form?

Every other game ever has worked so I'm wondering why it's doing that. It says on the FAQ that running virus programs may cause it but I'm not about to disable the 2 I use just to play this game.

You're running 2 anti-virus programs at the same time? That's not good or necessary. All you need is Microsoft Security Essentials. Free, light wieght, and I've never had it block a game or show a false positive.

Aaron

Can all the Tomb Raiders be played with a controller? Just checked a few of them and only Anniversary mentioned partial support.
Legend, Underworld, and Anniversary all do. There might be some menu you have to hit with a mouse first, which is why they rate it as partial.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Was on the way to visit relatives, as I mentioned some pages ago, and got into a really bad car accident. Someone ran into us from behind and totaled the entire back end. New-ish car too. It was dark and raining but thankfully there wasn't any other traffic around. Car got wrecked pretty bad but it could have been so much worse. We weren't hurt though, not even any minor injuries. The whiplash may kick in later though.

Anyway, got the car towed, got a ride to a hotel, got online, found out that grandjedi gifted me KOTOR and KOTOR 2! Definitely helps out with a crap situation like this. :)

I'm sorry for your accident and I hope it all turns out well in the end.

I am, however, glad that my random Christmas gift ended up doing so much good. You're welcome :)

Merry Christmas, Gaf.

I have one more copy of Chivalry to give away. The first person to quote this can post can have it. I just ask that if you claim it, it's because you plan on playing it at some point and not just to pad your Steam library. :)

HoosTrax

This should be an easy choice here, for those who don't keep up to speed.

* Towns is the one that released in a not-ready-for-primetime state as a cashgrab.

* Miner Wars 2081 is the one where the [indie] developers inexplicably decided to put always online DRM in their game, then censored people who complained about it.

There's a fix for that. I had the same problem. Something with disabling cutscenes fixed it. Google KotOR crashing start and you'll find what to do

Thank you. Switching movies off on the KotOR config did the trick. Sucks I don't have movies anymore, but at least I can play the game.

Man, Towns really that bad? :\ Remember playing the free alpha early this years and thought 'interesting idea', but things didn't seem to work fully. Is it basically just the same?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
This should be an easy choice here, for those who don't keep up to speed.

* Towns is the one that released in a not-ready-for-primetime state as a cashgrab.

* Miner Wars 2081 is the one where the [indie] developers inexplicably decided to put always online DRM in their game, then censored people who complained about it.

Thanks, voted for Giana Sisters.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Short wall incoming. I just wanted to say, that you guys are awesome. It has been fun, and great to watch gifts flying left and right. Lots of great people in this thread. Just wanted to wish you guys a merry christmas to you and yours. First person to quote this, gets Fallout 3 for xmas. And a Happy New Year as well. Love you gaf.

yoshizzle

Short wall incoming. I just wanted to say, that you guys are awesome. It has been fun, and great to watch gifts flying left and right. Lots of great people in this thread. Just wanted to wish you guys a merry christmas to you and yours. First person to quote this, gets Fallout 3 for xmas. And a Happy New Year as well. Love you gaf.

Me?

Edit: Thanks a lot!

J-Tier

Wow! Don't need gift, but thank you =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom