• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

This is strange. Was there a give away of Civ 5 or something? I decided to check my library (all games, not just installed) and it was just...there. I've never downloaded the demo, checked out the page a few times because it seemed interesting, and I dont think I was ever gifted the game...but its in my library for some reason.

Going to install and see whats up.

Narag

This is strange. Was there a give away of Civ 5 or something? I decided to check my library (all games, not just installed) and it was just...there. I've never downloaded the demo, checked out the page a few times because it seemed interesting, and I dont think I was ever gifted the game...but its in my library for some reason.

Going to install and see whats up.

It was a pre-order bonus with X-COM if you happened to have bought that.

welp i guess that's that

zTbKG.jpg

also, shameless re-plug of the steam trading topic
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465398&page=15

Crap, I did the same thing. And for some reason it never occurred to me that each piece of DLC would be its own product key. This is going to take some time...

Decided to buy Rayman. Been replaying the Donkey Kong Country games so I'm in a platformer mood. Also bought Portal 2 :)

This sale has been pretty good for me. All the Monkey Island games, Psychonauts, Portal 2, Rayman.

Still need to finish Dark Souls as well (didn't even get to Blighttown)

I don't need to buy any games in 2013 (but I will :()

Speevy

Banned
Good grief, comparing the Dreamcast bundle on Amazon with the Steam cost of just Jet Set Radio is...wow.

EDIT: 5 seconds after I said that it's unavailable.

EDIT 2: Back

zkylon

zkylewd
Yes, had the same problem. Just reboot, and it should be fine afterwards. Well, the no sound during cutscenes part. It won't fix the turret sequence (which really wasn't that bad, I thought).
Reboot the game or my PC?

And yeah, it's not that bad but I hate turret sequences with a passion, so it's not the best way to start a game.

So far it's been pretty good, a decent amount of mystery and weirdness and gunplay is fun enough.

Quick

Banned
Is it safe to buy Sleeping Dogs? Looking to gift it to a friend.

I'd hate to suddenly see it go on a further price drop than what it is now.

Rainy Dog

Well, this is my first Steam sale and I must say that I'm thoroughly enjoying myself.

Just bagged three of the Tomb Raider games this morning to take my damage to just shy of £70 so far... The way it's heading I'll probably have accumulated more PC games within the space of a couple of weeks than I have console games in the last 5 years!

Now I just have to wait until the New Year to migrate ISP's before I can download any of them nevermind actually play them. On a capped service at the moment and living dangerously at 95/100gb on my monthly allowance for December...

Anyway, I have 0 Steam friends so please feel free to add RainyDug anyone. I'm a grumpy mid thirties UK gaffer if you need any enticing :)

Merry Christmas everyone!

kami_sama

Damage so far:
- Darksiders Franchise pack 10€ (Amazon)
- Sleeping Dogs + Nightmare on Northpoint DLC 12€ (GMG)
- Scribblenauts Unlimited 5€ (Amazon)
- Saints Row 3: The complete package 2€ (Amazon)

Total so far: 29€

Nothing on steam so far, lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can't people lose their keys or get them revoked if you try to bypass it? Isn't it in the TOS somewhere?

To answer this, no. At worst Amazon will want to manually process the order to ensure it's legit, but there's certainly been no cases of keys being revoked. CC companies actually provide a system for online checkout software that allows retailers to quickly and easily cross-check a user's nominated billing address against that of the card holder, but Amazon forgoes this, and I'd wager it's because the company sees a sizeable volume of international orders. Better to turn a blind eye than to, well, be Gamefly.

Rainy Dog

So does the mass effect bundle include the DLC?

Nope, not that I can tell unless you count the bonus stuff in the ME2 deluxe edition. Was there any DLC for ME1? Can't see any on Steam...

I've done quite well when it comes to Mass Effect these past couple of days. The second one is the only one I've played being a PS3 only gamer for the past few years. So picked up ME1 in this Steam sale and managed to grab ME3 whilst it was £3.50 or so from GamersGate for a few minutes the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom