• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nope, not that I can tell unless you count the bonus stuff in the ME2 deluxe edition. Was there any DLC for ME1? Can't see any on Steam...

I've done quite well when it comes to Mass Effect these past couple of days. The second one is the only one I've played being a PS3 only gamer for the past few years. So picked up ME1 in this Steam sale and managed to grab ME3 whilst it was £3.50 or so from GamersGate for a few minutes the other day.

So is the ME2 DLC something that I have to get? I kinda don't really care about anything other than the main story line.

wilflare

finally managed to get on some proper WiFi.
just wanted to say Merry Christmas all :D

and thanks to the following peeps for spreading to me the Christmas cheer :D
Bert for Indie Game: The Movie
phouzaid for Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
RED for SimCity 4 Deluxe

travelling now so WiFi is bit spotty
but if there's anyone would needs help, send me an email or something :) i should be able to do something

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Gaben isn't going to be out and about on a boat with jailbait when we all know he's at Valve supervising the development of Half-Life 3.

Rainy Dog

So is the ME2 something that I have to get? I kinda don't really care about anything other than the main story line.

You do need Mass Effect 2 itself for the main ME storyline, yes... If that's what you're asking :) You don't need the digital deluxe edition bonus stuff but it's the only version on there by the looks of it, so you're not paying extra for anything you don't need/want.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
After some pretty good flash sales come some sucky ones... DOTA 2 on sale again, Max Payne 3 again, F1 again...

Merry Christmas!

Edwardo

So is the ME2 DLC something that I have to get? I kinda don't really care about anything other than the main story line.

Not really, but Shadow Broker is great and The Arrival will lead you into Mass Effect 3.

Edit: Personally, I played and enjoyed all of the DLC.

DOTA 2 again??? Are you serious Valve?

tumblr_lz2w42NI6E1qii6tmo1_400.gif

Tomodachi

Where can I buy Hotline Miami's complete soundtrack? I need it badly.

Also, merry Christmas Steam-GAF, may your backlog grow always bigger and bigger (not sure this is a very good wish tbh).

EDIT: woo new page. I'll take advantage of this: I have a few invites for DOTA 2, PM with your steam id if you need one!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You do need Mass Effect 2 itself for the main ME storyline, yes... If that's what you're asking :) You don't need the digital deluxe edition bonus stuff but it's the only version on there by the looks of it, so you're not paying extra for anything you don't need/want.

Oh whoops, meant the DLC.

From what I've seen if I get the standard edition instead I save $2.50 from the bundle, and honestly I value my $2.50 more than all that stuff. :p

Xater

Where can I buy Hotline Miami's complete soundtrack? I need it badly.

Also, merry Christmas Steam-GAF, may your backlog grow always bigger and bigger (not sure this is a very good wish tbh).

The soundtrack is in the game folder in OGG format.

Also because it otherwise gets lost on the previous page: I have two more DOTA2 invites if you don't care about items and just want to play for free. PM me.

DagsJT

Steam really is being outdone by other retailers. When I first started PC gaming a couple of years ago, these sales were incredible. 90% off seemed regular, if not 75%. Nowadays it's 33% off pre-orders and 50% off being common.

Spent a lot more on Amazon, GMG and GG than Steam.

JaseC

Steam really is being outdone by other retailers. When I first started PC gaming a couple of years ago, these sales were incredible. 90% off seemed regular, if not 75%. Nowadays it's 33% off pre-orders and 50% off being common.

And as this becomes more common, publishers will react accordingly. Steam gets by despite offering lesser discounts because of the sheer size of its active userbase. When Valve offers publishers sale trends and suggests a discount of x% is the best course of action, there's no practical sense in ignoring the advice, and clearly, if the past 12 months is any indication, it's right on the money.

Rainy Dog

Oh whoops, meant the DLC.

From what I've seen if I get the standard edition instead I save $2.50 from the bundle, and honestly I value my $2.50 more than all that stuff. :p

Ah, you're right. I'd only seen that they were advertising the deluxe edition as part of the collection. Damn, might be tempted by the second game at that price now as well. Even though I'll probably never play it after playing through it on the PS3...

Was ME2 pre-Origin? Looks to be...

Iztli

So I just bought Rayman because the demo made me feel happy while playing it. Made me feel like a kid :p Haven't felt that way in a game for a long time.

Pandemic

Ooo, $5 cheaper on Amazon. I haven't downloaded off Amazon before, but do they send the game code to your email..? And does it work on STEAM?

jediyoshi

Ooo, $5 cheaper on Amazon. I haven't downloaded off Amazon before, but do they send the game code to your email..? And does it work on STEAM?

Just go here and it should list your game purchases. Keys are steam redeemable depending on what you purchased
http://www.amazon.com/gp/swvgdtt/your-account/manage-downloads.html/ref=gno_yam_gsl

Their method of stringing along sales windows forever doesn't seem to work well either since it just leaves a numb feeling. Between the halloween sale, big picture sale, and winter sale now, I've lost the sense of anything catching my eye since everything is essentially on sale.

JaseC

Was ME2 pre-Origin? Looks to be...

Origin is just a rebranded EA Download Manager, but EA didn't begin to push it as a DD platform until mid-2011... which has had obvious Steam-related consequences vis-a-vis EA games that weren't published via EA Partners.

Torraz

Again no TSW :/.

Have a free dota 2 key before anyone buys one during the flash deal. PM me your steam id or email if you want it.

wazoo

Yuo should be happy, this is the proof of PC gmaing going well. large discount are for games not selling so well or for pushing a platform.

As for the other retailers, Steam owning 80% of The PC market in the US according to numbers, they have to do special efforts to exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom