• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Type2

Merry Christmas everyone! Hoping to give out a few gifts later today through Jan 1st. Wondering if any other frequent gifters would be interested in starting a thread to try an get steam gaf a game on their wishlists. I have many keys to give out which I was just planning to do via my steam friends list.....but I was hoping to make it something a little more inclusive for the forum to spread some holiday spirit.
I really need to get some sleep but if anyone is interested in joining in or starting a thread please PM me.

Happy Holidays again! P.S if anyone wants to break me into Torchlight 2 on the weekend please send a friend request to Hatemehnow =]

Torraz

Totally forgot that I have two unused humble bundle keys: Saints Row and Titan quest. Quote this post to find them.

Saints Row

Titan Quest

wazoo

Current sales are bad because last summer, they were a lot of hidden sales. Like, you have F1 on sales, but the other racing games of Codemaster would have been available.

Now, they do not even bother.

So far I´ve been a good boy and only gotten Cargo Commander for free on Gamersgate, and Mass Effect 3 for £3.6 on the same site, but why am I actively looking for more games to buy when I already have more then enough? :(

ksdixon

Will an Amazon.com (USA) steam key for Double Fine Triple Pack work even though I'm in the UK?

And entering an american address for the billing address is ok, even though it will be different to the address that my debit card is registered to?

Mista Koo

For some reason I can't buy Spirits through the iOS app. Their loss, it was a blind purchase anyway.

Anyone think Sonic Racing is going to drop further in price? I want to play racing transformed, but I am hyped enough to buy the original on steam.
Thanks a lot, I almost bought it thinking it was Transformed.

mxgt

Banned
lol at Dota 2 being on sale again.

I have 8 copies of it in my inventory but no one wants them because everyone has it already

baconcow

lol at Dota 2 being on sale again.

I have 8 copies of it in my inventory but no one wants them because everyone has it already

It is a bad sign when dailies begin recycling as flash sales, and vice versa. It was bad in the summer, too. Leads to many other games not having good sales.

Tizoc

Anyone think Sonic Racing is going to drop further in price? I want to play racing transformed, but I am hyped enough to buy the original on steam.

the first Sonic Racing game doesn't have online, better to wait for Transformed, it's pretty much my GotY ATM and I aim to Triple dip soon by getting Vita and PC when they're released.

Tizoc

Vita version is out :)

I know and I plan to get it eventually focusing most of my PSN payments on current sale ;3

Gonna get ME1 and 2 later today, but I just realized ME2 DD also comes with a digital artbook...feeling tempted to get the DD ver. now...

Will an Amazon.com (USA) steam key for Double Fine Triple Pack work even though I'm in the UK?

And entering an american address for the billing address is ok, even though it will be different to the address that my debit card is registered to?

You can register it without problems. If it is region locked, people will have noticed it already and given warnings. For certainty you can check the PC DD deal thread.

Amazon doesn't care if your billing address and card address are different.

ksdixon

You can register it without problems. If it is region locked, people will have noticed it already and given warnings. For certainty you can check the PC DD deal thread.

Amazon doesn't care if your billing address and card address are different.

Cool. Thanks man. What is a correctly formatted Atlanta Georgia telephone number, as I'm using my buddy's address but he forgot to give me his phone number? Amazon is asking me to fill in the phone feild b4 creating the account/placing the order.

Edit: just googled Atlanta GA phone number and put some random government phone number in.

Is there any way to unlock Scribblenauts in the UK that won't get my account banned? Bought it on Amazon.com not realising it was locked till Feb in the UK on Steam.

Kinyou

Dota 2 on sale again?

burnssighr8u12.gif

Dunkelgrau

I'm torn on MP3. I'd really like to play it, but everything I've seen of it just doesn't seem enjoyable.
Same here.
I heard that the gameplay isnt that good. I have doubts about the story: Would buy it, when GAF tells me, that the story is REALLY good. Are there any choices you can made or different endings, like Mass Effect or something?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So with a $50 steam wallet limit, damage so far"

Spec Ops
Binary Domain
Rayman origins
They Bleed Pixels
Dead island
Zeno clash

Plus some cheating by spending $15 on dark souls at amazon.

Still got $11.88 of steam wallet left. Not bad I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom