• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croc

Banned
Still says "invites" for me.

But it's GAF Steamgifts Group Invites instead of Steamgifts Invite thread. Before, you needed an invite to access SG. But now it's public and the thread has turned into an invite thread for the specific GAF group on SG.

Edit: Sorry double post

Pandemic

Anyone able to provide a few impressions on Anno 2070? Is it worth the $25? Is it something similar to SimCity, but instead you have to gather resources, and build from there..?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Anyone able to provide a few impressions on Anno 2070? Is it worth the $25? Is it something similar to SimCity, but instead you have to gather resources, and build from there..?

I was happy in thinking Anno was some space game. Now, I'm debating on whether to drop 20 bones on it. *sigh*

I brought City Life 2008 because I wanted something like SimCity, but that game blows. Maybe I will just buy SC4.

i enjoyed it , the platforming was great as always in this series, everyone should buy this :(
have to said i completed it on the ps3,never heard about the pc version

For $2.49, that is good enough for me. I could use a good platforming game. Thanks!

Kabouter

Anno 2070 is a great game, my favourite game of last year in fact. I was a bit unsure at first about the setting, since I generally prefer settings like the ones for the previous games, but they really made it work well. Otherwise, the basic solid gameplay of the franchise is there with a few neat additions. Only thing I will say is that you need to be always online, I mean, you can play it in offline mode after the first startup, but you can get bonuses via events and all that jazz that only work if you're online, so...

Pandemic

I was happy in thinking Anno was some space game. Now, I'm debating on whether to drop 20 bones on it. *sigh*

I brought City Life 2008 because I wanted something like SimCity, but that game blows. Maybe I will just buy SC4.

True, it looks like an alright game, I've tried watching a few videos but it hasn't made me decide as to whether I want it or not, hence I need some updated impressions.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Guys, Walking Dead. I don't know if my heart can take anymore lol.

baconcow

Can you still get more EA/THQ/2K $5 coupons, or has "2012" ended as far as getting more for that promotion?

Edit: Missed this: "Customers may use 1 coupon per account per publisher this means if you purchased 1 or 30 games from each publisher you are still entitled to/eligible for 1 credit from each publisher.".

zkylon

zkylewd
So just booted Spec Ops (turret sequences on the beginning are terribad, developers: please don't do them) and I have no sound on the first pre-rendered cutscene.

Any ideas?

ta9qi

or $2.49, that is good enough for me. I could use a good platforming game. Thanks!
you welcome, the main theme alone deserve this price p=
I liked it. Improved graphics. Decent exploration & puzzles. Some people didn't like it. It is good Crystal Dynamics style Tomb Raider.
and sadly it seems its the last tomb raider in this great style :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anno 2070 is a great game, my favourite game of last year in fact. I was a bit unsure at first about the setting, since I generally prefer settings like the ones for the previous games, but they really made it work well. Otherwise, the basic solid gameplay of the franchise is there with a few neat additions. Only thing I will say is that you need to be always online, I mean, you can play it in offline mode after the first startup, but you can get bonuses via events and all that jazz that only work if you're online, so...

Upgraded use of and the storage components of the Ark requires online connectivity, too.

O.DOGG

So just booted Spec Ops (turret sequences on the beginning are terribad, developers: please don't do them) and I have no sound on the first pre-rendered cutscene.

Any ideas?

Yes, had the same problem. Just reboot, and it should be fine afterwards. Well, the no sound during cutscenes part. It won't fix the turret sequence (which really wasn't that bad, I thought).

Smash88

Banned
So anyone wanna get me Scribblenauts Unlimited from Amazon and I'll get you a game of equal value on Steam?

Canadians being treated like second class citizens.

Pandemic

Just realized their is a demo available, going to test it out and see how it is (and check if it runs on my PC..). Thanks for your impressions.

Thinking about buying KOTOR (played it on the xbox, but never finished it) and KOTOR II. Do they work fine on windows 7?

Maybe I should pick up Rayman as well...

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I have a Borderlands GOTY Edition key if anyone wants to trade for something~

Smash88

Banned
How so? I am Canadian and can buy that game from Amazon.

Sithd.jpg

Check your PMs, silly.

Thanks JaseC. I love you. <3

Use a US billing address.

Did you try using a random US address

Can't people lose their keys or get them revoked if you try to bypass it? Isn't it in the TOS somewhere?

sixclaws

Banned
Why does Saints Row 3 full package not include the bloodsucker and unlockables DLC? ;_;

Probably cause those two dlcs permanently change the game. Bloodsucker dlc makes the main character a vampire and changes on of the moves into a blood sucking move that gives health back. Unlockables well unlocks some story rewards. Neither can be turned off or ignored after purchased.

Caerith

Probably cause those two dlcs permanently change the game. Bloodsucker dlc makes the main character a vampire and changes on of the moves into a blood sucking move that gives health back. Unlockables well unlocks some story rewards. Neither can be turned off or ignored after purchased.
Bloodsucker isn't in the full package? Nice, never sat well with me what it does to the main character.

and sadly it seems its the last tomb raider in this great style :/

I'm a little worried about that. Another Tomb Raider Underworld type of game would have been fine with me. Now if they manage to pull off a good Uncharted Raider, I'll be very happy. But you can't help but worry when people decide to mess with something that was already very good.

Wok

My main problem with Amazon is you have to use a credit card: Paypal is not a possibility for Amazon purchases. And my bank usually takes a few euros for the foreign exchange fees, while Paypal takes a lot less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom