• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

ta9qi

im very confused about Hotline Miami, some people talk very nice about it , and others make the soundtrack the only thing worth about it :(

Anyone know if the copy of X-Com you receive from Amazon.com is region locked? (Western Europe here).

Considering 2k history and several forum threads I found it seems to lean to the region lock, but wanted to have a second opinion from a gaffer.

Mordeccai

Had some extended family send me money for christmas gifts today, feels like I've picked up a health potion and revitalized my wallet for holiday sales.

My body is ready.

Violet_0

Banned
okay, how the hell do you pick up resources in Towns? I can't find anything about this in the tutorials, it's such a basic thing but I honestly have no idea

mneuro

Is anywhere currently selling Chivalry cheaper than on steam ($16)? After playing it, my cousin really wants it. I am going to get it for him but I'm curious about prices first.

Grief.exe

Alright I think I'll pass I guess. I'm just craving a new Metroid. Are there any games on steam like it?

Dolphin + Metroid Prime

Dark Souls is a little similar, probably closer to metroidvania
Hell Yeah: Wrath of the Dead Rabbit, haven't played this one but heard there are similarities

Is anywhere currently selling Chivalry cheaper than on steam ($16)? After playing it, my cousin really wants it. I am going to get it for him but I'm curious about prices first.

Not right now, Chivalry has been $8-9 pretty consistently on GMG.

Seance

Banned
I've heard so much hype about Steam Sales, but I don't think i've seen a single deal that hasn't been beaten elsewhere. Disappointing.

I've heard so much hype about Steam Sales, but I don't think i've seen a single deal that hasn't been beaten elsewhere. Disappointing.
Sales... sales have changed.
It's no longer about deals, saving money, or games people demand. It's an endless series of flash deals fought by publishers and voters.

Sales and its consumption of disposable income... has become a well-oiled machine.

ta9qi

im very confused about Hotline Miami, some people talk very nice about it , and others make the soundtrack the only thing worth about it :(
*checked gamerankings.com*
*Bought it with a closing eyes*

dot

Sales... sales have changed.
It's no longer about deals, saving money, or games people demand. It's an endless series of flash deals fought by publishers and voters.

Sales and its consumption of disposable income... has become a well-oiled machine.

lol

Sales have changed indeed.

It's very much a Marmite game: you either love it or hate it. It's pretty good example of how to distil gameplay to its most basic (and addictive) elements, but it leaves some people nonplussed as a result. The small fact that it's quite buggy doesn't help.

Right, but the deals would never have been beaten elsewhere if the Steam Sales did not exist.

For feck's sakes... competition is a GOOD THING people.

Eusis

Man, I was hoping that TF2 pack was going to be a solid number of items, or at least superficial DLC, but just 3 items? I caved for the SSFIVAE DLC at $3.75, but all of the costumes for $3.75 really is more in line with how I want DLC pricing to be for stuff like this.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Right, but the deals would never have been beaten elsewhere if the Steam Sales did not exist.

For feck's sakes... competition is a GOOD THING people.

I agree with you. Nothing wrong with going elsewhere for deals. You end up with the game in your library anywhoo.

baconcow

The small fact that it's quite buggy doesn't help.

I wouldn't be afraid of bugs. I have encountered non having beaten the main story line and beyond. The game's issues are lack of windowed mode (even DxWND, or whatever it is called, cannot force it), lack of any higher resolutions (some oppose this, I don't), and lack of key rebinding. It is possible this has changed since I last played.

I love how Scribblenauts Unlimited sits at around #25 in top sellers with a 10% discount, when you can get it on Amazon for 75% off.

Also love how bad people are with voting for tradh.

I wouldn't be afraid of bugs. I have encountered non having beaten the main story line and beyond. The game's issues are lack of windowed mode (even DxWND, or whatever it is called, cannot force it), lack of any higher resolutions (some oppose this, I don't), and lack of key rebinding. It is possible this has changed since I last played.

Your experience =/= everyone's experience. It's buggy. Particularly on Windows 8 for some random reason.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Someone stop me from getting Castle Crashers for the third time.

Made it halfway on Xbox, played for about a minute on PS3. Now I'm trying to convince myself that it would be great to own for my Netbook.

HoosTrax

Is there any way I can easily see all of the active Amazon promos I have for my account? I keep getting massive amounts of spam from Amazon, and some of it's for F2P game credits, which I don't care about, and it ends up being a mess in my inbox.

baconcow

Your experience =/= everyone's experience. It's buggy. Particularly on Windows 8 for some random reason.

That is probably because the game does not have support for Windows 8, there's nothing random about that. I'm sure it we be buggy, too, if I tried to play it on Windows 3.1. My experience = having played the game on a computer that meets the minimum specifications.

The_Monk

Someone stop me from getting Castle Crashers for the third time.

Made it halfway on Xbox, played for about a minute on PS3. Now I'm trying to convince myself that it would be great to own for my Netbook.

I was going to ask if I should get this, lol. The game is not very demanding on PC, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom