• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
2h with my only Steam sales game, Borderlands 2, and I regret it. It feels like one of the most annoying games I´ve played in a long time. Oh well, at least I know what Borderlands is about now. :p

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
2h with my only Steam sales game, Borderlands 2, and I regret it. It feels like one of the most annoying games I´ve played in a long time. Oh well, at least I know what Borderlands is about now. :p

What's annoying you in the game?

Try getting into some co-op, or at least play until it opens up.

One of my top 3 games of the year.

baconcow

Steam runs on Windows 8 exactly the same on Windows 7. Only a few games have major issues, and Hotline is buggy regardless of OS, you can't deny that.

I have heard of dozens of games that run like garbage on Windows 8. The patches made available through Steam will not target an OS it doesn't support. Hotline Miami runs flawless on my Windows 7 system, so I can, with confidence, call the game not buggy.

Chivalry - Buy this game. It's an incredibly satisfying online experience which, imo, successfully one ups Mount & Blade. Also has some hilarious sound design: "protect thy liege!", and "ooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww!".

Snapshot - available in the Humble Bundle 7. A charming little game that has kept me hooked for two hours straight because it introduces new gameplay mechanics in every level. I'm still learning.

Half Minute Hero - you are better off playing this on the PSP/Vita. An analog stick doesn't lend itself well to moving the hero around. Also the new graphics are fucking ugly - you can switch to the classic visuals, but you will need to sit about 3 metres away to make the PSP resolution acceptable.

Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP - like HMH, I really do not recommend getting this on PC. It is built around a touch screen so just feels awkward using a mouse to navigate. It's like the opposite feeling of emulating a PS1 game on a touch screen, but equally as tedious. It's now on Android as well as iOS so there is really no reason not to buy it there (everyone has a smartphone now, or should). A great time waster adventure any way and has godly pixel art.

Hearing that makes me regret skipping the Humble Android Bundle with Superbrothers on it because I had such an unimpressive time with it on PC.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Chivalry - Buy this game. It's an incredibly satisfying online experience which, imo, successfully one ups Mount & Blade. Also has some hilarious sound design: "protect thy liege!", and "ooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww!".

the taunts are the best

"your wife proveded better sport!"

no scratch that, the laugh button is the best

Wait, what?
iKpXvoINUHWl9.png

How?

Does this mean that I've got $40 off on mp3, video and games? How do I use this?

How did I get this?

What's annoying you in the game?

Try getting into some co-op, or at least play until it opens up.

One of my top 3 games of the year.

Enemies feeling like bullet spongs, the weapons so far feels "weak", to many situations when you run out of ammo and have to run around looking in boxes during battles, to frequent reloads, etc. Might just be that it's wrong for me and great for everyone else, but there is not much in the game that feels right for me just now.

When it opens up, can I start new characters from that point, or do I have to play these first two hours of the game everytime I want to test a new character?

Doomrider

Yeah Asylum kicks all kinds of ass. Unfortunately Arkham City is not so good :(

I suppose it may feel like it loses its focus because of the much larger city setting, but in terms of quality, it's all there still. And they succeded in making flying around fun (even if the gadget upgrade that facilitates this can only be acquired after completing a side-mission - this was a stupid decision). They also managed to keep a substantially larger game world from feeling barren.

I don't think I can choose between either of the two. Maybe Asylum... No, wait. I won't do this.

I can't!

I would like to take a moment to point out an awesome member of the GAF community.
dr_octagon is one fantastic person, and just gave me a really great surprise gift.

AUSLG.jpg

Thanks so much, sir. You are a man among men.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Wait, what?
http://i.minus.com/iKpXvoINUHWl9.png[/IM G]
How?

Does this mean that I've got $40 off on mp3, video and games? How do I use this?

How did I get this?[/QUOTE]

I have no idea. I have to contact Amazon customer service myself, after it said I had $20 worth of mp3/video credit. Apparently, I do indeed have that credit. That video game credit is for f2p though.

J-Tier

@Baconsaurus I've got over hundreds of dollars in my balance, but unfortunately, the credits are just a sum of all promotional credits you've received. Much of it are limited to specific games, most of which are F2p games like Adventure Quest and World of Tanks.

Echoplx

I have heard of dozens of games that run like garbage on Windows 8. The patches made available through Steam will not target an OS it doesn't support. Hotline Miami runs flawless on my Windows 7 system, so I can, with confidence, call the game not buggy.

What you've 'heard' doesn't mean shit to anyone, get some proof.
Patches for games work for any OS, Steam doesn't stop them based on what OS it does or doesn't 'support'
Congratulations, you're one of the lucky minority, there are a number of widespread bugs for this game go check out the forums..

Do you actually believe the shit that you type?

HoosTrax

What you've 'heard' doesn't mean shit to anyone, get some proof.
Patches for games work for any OS, Steam doesn't stop them based on what OS it does or doesn't 'support'
Congratulations, you're one of the lucky minority, there are a number of widespread bugs for this game go check out the forums..

Do you actually believe the shit that you type?
Where is your proof that the majority of people have had issues with the game? Pot meet kettle.

so i burned my tongue yesterday on some sauce and it reeeally hurts now

first person to tell me something to help out my tongue will get a copy of hotline miami

alternatively you can fetch me awesome fanart of joseph joestar

HoosTrax

first person to tell me something to help out my tongue will get a copy of hotline miami

Milk (I have the game already :p, just wanted to help your tongue situation out)

jediyoshi

Wait, what?
iKpXvoINUHWl9.png

How?

How did I get this?

Check your emails, you should've gotten a bunch listing out what the credit is for. It's typically not generic credit you can apply to anything. It just gets lumped together in your displayed balance.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

milk?

I already have hotline miami

J-Tier

Ice cream works too. Anything cold and creamy in general.

All games I tried run perfectly on Windows 8. Even Hotline Miami. Windows 8 is despised because of Store and Metro but never about compatibility.

You need to lick tequila off a stripper. Note this will ONLY work with a stripper.

HoosTrax

Do you see 50,000+ individual posters there? The people with issues are always the most vocal, the rest are busy playing the game. Seriously...

LQX

Wait, what?
iKpXvoINUHWl9.png

How?

How did I get this?
Be very wary.

Mine was at like $80 so I went nuts with their MP3 sales yesterday only to find out it was deducting from my gift card balance rather than the MP3 credit shown. Contacted Amazon and they had no explanation and seemed clueless.

The first Witcher? In 2012? Gross.

So does the game have an expiration date for someone being able to enjoy it? I am playing it right now and think it's one of the best crpgs I have ever played. Looks great with awesome atmosphere, great soundtrack, and is very expansive. So what if it doesn't have the combat of Witcher 2. Doesn't make it worthless.

jediyoshi

Are you really inversely expecting people who got the game working in win8 to likewise make threads saying so if that wasn't the case? Hell, even the last thread you linked, the guy got around his issue.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
So does the game have an expiration date for someone being able to enjoy it? I am playing it right now and think it's one of the best crpgs I have ever played. Looks great with awesome atmosphere, great soundtrack, and is very expansive. So what if it doesn't have the combat of Witcher 2. Doesn't make it worthless.

Dude, any game over a month old, and you are living in the past! How can you possible enjoy ancient shit like that, you caveman?

Echoplx

Do you see 50,000+ individual posters there? The people with issues are always the most vocal, the rest are busy playing the game. Seriously...

Meh, when disabling printers becomes a troubleshooting method for making a game work i think it's pretty bad.

It may not be buggy for everyone but in general I think it's fair to say it's a buggy game, I don't understand how you can say otherwise just because you personally had a nice experience.

metalshade

Milk is a good idea mate, very soothing.

Edit: Beaten like a drunk man's wife.

You're the first person to post that didn't mention they had Hotline Miami, so I assume you want it? :p

You know-- I did initially make the post because I would like to play it, but really thinking about it, I'm only interested in the game due to the GAF hype/praise. I'm going to go ahead and say that there's probably people out there that genuinely want it more than I do. I appreciate the offer for sure, but likewise I'm sure someone else would appreciate the game more than I would.

The_Monk

You know-- I did initially make the post because I would like to play it, but really thinking about it, I'm only interested in the game due to the GAF hype/praise. I'm going to go ahead and say that there's probably people out there that genuinely want it more than I do. I appreciate the offer for sure, but likewise I'm sure someone else would appreciate the game more than I would.

Another kind fellow GAFfer appears! That's nice of you too. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom