• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
just a heads up: The Amazing Spiderman is actually pretty damn great

expensive for an impulse buy but if you enjoyed the best Spiderman games (Spiderman 2/Ultimate Spiderman) you'll have your fun.

I do want to try it out but $25 is too much. Unfortunately since it's an activision game it'll be no less than $25 for the next full year :\

I don't see the problem, its a cosmetic one and doesn't give advantage for those that get it.

I don't care if it gives advantages. The price for that bundle was $15 earlier. That's $5 per item. I understand that they can charge it because people for some reason are willing to pay, but those are just ridiculous amounts of money.

For $15 you can get a game that like 10 people worked on for over year. One of these hats can probably be made by a single person in a day. It's a rip off.

What's up with all these 66% sales? here are my 75% off?

Exactly what I've been thinking. Pretty sure in the years gone by games that were -50% for the entirety of the sale would go -75% off when they were daily/flash deals. It seems like -66% is the new -75%.

They've lost a few sales to me alone because of it. I know it's not much in a monetary sense, but when you want people to impulse buy things let's face it -75% is going to attract more attention than -66% especially when that's what we're use to.

Finished the Half-Life games in 2 days...First time in ages where I was out running errands and thought "I could really play Half-Life right now".

Completed 2 in 7-8 Hours and the 2 episodes in about 2 hours each...

So guys, any news on Ep.3?

Xater

Exactly what I've been thinking. Pretty sure in the years gone by games that were -50% for the entirety of the sale would go -75% off when they were daily/flash deals. It seems like -66% is the new -75%.

They've lost a few sales to me alone because of it. I know it's not much in a monetary sense, but when you want people to impulse buy things let's face it -75% is going to attract more attention than -66% especially when that's what we're use to.

Not only am I used to it but I am also holding out on those 66% deals because who knows what might happen on the last day? They might pull do a better deal then. It's not like it did not happen before.

Not sure whether I should bite on the Tantalizing THQ Medley on Amazon. I already own Metro, RF Armageddon and STALKER and have no interest for Homefront whatsoever. I do want RF Guerilla and maybe Warhammer 40k some day. Decisions, decisions...

On the topic of Metro 2033, Steam key for the first person to quote this.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Not only am I used to it but I am also holding out on those 66% deals because who knows what might happen on the last day? They might pull do a better deal then. It's not like it did not happen before.
Based on how the Steam Community chooses things though, I wouldn't hold my breath for the final day to contain things you want. Since I recall the last day is usually top selling or community voted.

Petrie

Banned
Wetfluffylama decided to make my decision for me, so Magic 2013 it is! Thank you so much for taking my fate out of my hands with your generous gift!

Planning to give away Sleeping Dogs later when more of GAF will be around, when do you guys think is a time people are done with festivities?

BadAss2961

Wetfluffylama decided to make my decision for me, so Magic 2013 it is! Thank you so much for taking my fate out of my hands with your generous gift!

Planning to give away Sleeping Dogs later when more of GAF will be around, when do you guys think is a time people are done with festivities?
I'm ready.

Coconutz

Neo Member
Is there a possibility we might see Assassins Creed 3 or Far Cry 3 in this sale? I'm thinking that since they just came out the likelihood is very low.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So I decided to install Scribblenauts Unlimited and wow, this game owns. It feels like the series potential has finally been realized. I've only played the original DS and iOS versions with crippled touch screen movement, so controlling Maxwell with buttons and keys is a delight. Everything is super snappy with KB/M, and it's great having a real keyboard is a huge improvement.

The more open ended design was a good call too, it's fun to experiment and fly around in weird vehicles.

Oh, and I just satisfied a cannibal by feeding him a baby. Awesome.

ta9qi

Is there a possibility we might see Assassins Creed 3 or Far Cry 3 in this sale? I'm thinking that since they just came out the likelihood is very low.
im really surprised theres nothing about Far cry 3 yet, not from steam -im loosing hope in them- but stores such as GMG which had a special offer for preordering it in black Friday, as i remember it reached 35$ using a copoun

Sianos

Picked up Hotline Miami, Scribblenauts Unlimited, and Dark Souls today. Also received the infamous Bad Rats, I feel like I'm part of the Steam family now. <3

Question for Dark Souls (bought through Amazon): Can I install it on more than one computer? I'm building a new rig as soon as the last parts ship in, would I be able to install it on my current rig and the new one? Doesn't seem to register on Steam.

KarmaCow

AC: Rev is $7.49 on Amazon: does that activate on Steam and do you guys think it will be the same price at some point on steam?

I don't think it activates on Steam. It says nothing about that on the product page and I'm guessing Ubisoft wants to lure people to Uplay anyway.

As for a possible Steam sale, it's never been below $12.50 but AC3 did just come out. I'd expect $10 at most though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom