• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

I wouldn't be afraid of bugs. I have encountered non having beaten the main story line and beyond. The game's issues are lack of windowed mode (even DxWND, or whatever it is called, cannot force it), lack of any higher resolutions (some oppose this, I don't), and lack of key rebinding. It is possible this has changed since I last played.
Yeah, I had a painless experience playing through it in Win 7. Don't let the tiny minority, aka Win 8 users, overblowing the issue dissuade you from getting the game if you're still on W7.

Luckily the mainstream media hasn't discovered the game, or they'd be throwing a fuss over it. The best way of describing it is it's a Tarrantino film in game form.

I know there's no reason not to buy Hotline Miami for $4.99 now, but I'm still going to wait until January and use my $5 Amazon code, just in case it's less than $9.99. Worst case scenario, I pay $4.99. Besides, it feels kind of nice to have not bought anything from Steam this sale (though I have bought four things from Amazon).

Also, free stuff:

GAF Steamgift Group Invite thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443039

baconcow

Don't let the tiny minority, aka Win 8 users, overblowing the issue dissuade you from getting the game if you're still on W7.

I don't understand why people keep buying Windows 8 or a computer with it on it, hoping they can play Steam-based games proficiently. Not sure why people think Steam has widespread support for Windows 8 (the OS originally being developed for touch-based devices).

Pretty dire so far. Haven't pulled the trigger once yet although I should've probably gotten Rayman for 10 bucks. Any chance we'll see it for that price again this sale?

Dambrosi

Banned
Wetfluffylama decided to make my decision for me, so Magic 2013 it is! Thank you so much for taking my fate out of my hands with your generous gift!

Planning to give away Sleeping Dogs later when more of GAF will be around, when do you guys think is a time people are done with festivities?
Oooweee, that's a nice gift. Consider me "in".

BiggNife

Is anyone else having trouble accessing their steam inventory?

I want to send some gifts but the inventory page refuses to load regardless of whether or not I'm in the steam client or if I try to view it in Chrome;

Echoplx

I don't understand why people keep buying Windows 8 or a computer with it on it, hoping they can play Steam-based games proficiently. Not sure why people think Steam has widespread support for Windows 8 (the OS originally being developed for touch-based devices).

Steam runs on Windows 8 exactly the same on Windows 7.. Only a few games have major issues, and Hotline is buggy regardless of OS, you can't deny that.

Shepard

Had one hell of a nice time playing Critter Crunchers with GK86, if you don't own the game, grab it, multiplayer is really good!

HoosTrax

I apparently have a $5 promo code off any THQ game on this list. I'm not really sure what to get since I own almost the entire THQ catalog.

The only things I might be interested in are Darksiders II and Supreme Commander. I don't think the price on DS2 is the lowest though?

Hotline is buggy regardless of OS, you can't deny that.
Of course I can. I played it through from start to finish without issue.

HoosTrax

Ok so buying that pack apparently gave me another copy of Darksiders 1...would anyone like it (for free obviously, as it's about as ubiquitous as Dota 2 invites).

I bought and installed Windows 8 and I've been playing games on it ever since. Stop spreading FUD.

Alright gaffers. Copy of Sleeping Dogs up for grabs to the Gaffer who has had it in their wish list longest. Pm me a link to your wish list so I can do the legwork and find our winner. I'll give it say, an hour or so.

Good luck!

Nice of you! I added it yesterday. lol

masterkajo

Alright gaffers. Copy of Sleeping Dogs up for grabs to the Gaffer who has had it in their wish list longest. Pm me a link to your wish list so I can do the legwork and find our winner. I'll give it say, an hour or so.

Good luck!

Haha... I added it again today (had in on for a while but rearranged my list before the winter sale.) Nice of you though!!

Sorry. I just like to make sure my gifts go to the Gaffers most likely to use them!

Na. it's ok. If I really really wanted it I wouldn't have removed it in the first place :)

Good luck!

PM sent. Thanks for doing this!

BiggNife

Is anyone else having trouble accessing their steam inventory?

I want to send some gifts but the inventory page refuses to load regardless of whether or not I'm in the steam client or if I try to view it in Chrome;

Anyone? This is super frustrating to me. I've been trying to access my inventory for over an hour now.

plc268

This may already be addressed, but I can't get the 2k $5 coupon to work. The THQ and EA ones work, but even after clicking on the link Amazon sent me, it does not take the $5 off at checkout for the 2k games.

Anyone else have this issue?

Shepard

This may already be addressed, but I can't get the 2k $5 coupon to work. The THQ and EA ones work, but even after clicking on the link Amazon sent me, it does not take the $5 off at checkout for the 2k games.

Tomorrow! from Dec. 26th to 31st

It only works from 12/26, which begins 00.00 pacific time (roughly 7 hours left)

oipic

Not sure what the time/date is where you are, but I believe the 2K coupons only take effect as of the 26th, so may not be 'live' just yet?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Batman Arkham Asylum, WOW. The game rocks. Sorry The Witcher, but you'll be relegated to the depths of my backlog, until I finish this game at least.

Utter nonsense. I have yet to find a game I cannot play on Windows 8 that worked in Windows 7.

Good luck!
And another entry!

Wish I didn't have to wait until Jan for my Gamersgate Bethesda codes, I want to give some of those keys away too!

Durante

Dark Souls is #1 on the top sellers list even though it's cheaper on Amazon and has been at that price twice already. Good call to only go 50% off in this sale.

Batman Arkham Asylum, WOW. The game rocks. Sorry The Witcher, but you'll be relegated to the depths of my backlog, until I finish this game at least.

The first Witcher? In 2012? Gross.

Dark Souls is #1 on the top sellers list even though it's cheaper on Amazon and has been at that price twice already. Good call to only go 50% off in this sale.

Far Cry 3 hasn't left the Top 10 and it's been full price the whole time :(

Doomrider

I must have completed it 5 times straight, or something ridiculous like that.

Overall, I've completed it 15+ times or something. Rocksteady's vision of Batman is very close to perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Chivalry - Buy this game. It's an incredibly satisfying online experience which, imo, successfully one ups Mount & Blade. Also has some hilarious sound design: "protect thy liege!", and "ooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww!".

Snapshot - available in the Humble Bundle 7. A charming little game that has kept me hooked for two hours straight because it introduces new gameplay mechanics in every level. I'm still learning.

Half Minute Hero - you are better off playing this on the PSP/Vita. An analog stick doesn't lend itself well to moving the hero around. Also the new graphics are fucking ugly - you can switch to the classic visuals, but you will need to sit about 3 metres away to make the PSP resolution acceptable.

Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP - like HMH, I really do not recommend getting this on PC. It is built around a touch screen so just feels awkward using a mouse to navigate. It's like the opposite of emulating a PS1 game on a touch screen, but equally as tedious. It's now on Android as well as iOS so there is really no reason not to buy it there (and everyone has a smartphone now, or should). A great time waster adventure anyway and has godly pixel art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom