• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Tier

You know-- I did initially make the post because I would like to play it, but really thinking about it, I'm only interested in the game due to the GAF hype/praise. I'm going to go ahead and say that there's probably people out there that genuinely want it more than I do. I appreciate the offer for sure, but likewise I'm sure someone else would appreciate the game more than I would.

+ Respect to you.

so i burned my tongue yesterday on some sauce and it reeeally hurts now

first person to tell me something to help out my tongue will get a copy of hotline miami

alternatively you can fetch me awesome fanart of joseph joestar

I already have Hotline Miami so it's ok but...

5mAza.jpg

It's late, but yessss!

You know-- I did initially make the post because I would like to play it, but really thinking about it, I'm only interested in the game due to the GAF hype/praise. I'm going to go ahead and say that there's probably people out there that genuinely want it more than I do. I appreciate the offer for sure, but likewise I'm sure someone else would appreciate the game more than I would.
Very kind of you! Hopefully someone(maybe me?) will repay that kindness soon.

Ice cream works too. Anything cold and creamy in general.
How about you, jtir? Surely you want it, right? :p

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Wait, what?
http://i.minus.com/iKpXvoINUHWl9.png[/IMG ]
How?

Does this mean that I've got $40 off on mp3, video and games? How do I use this?

How did I get this?[/QUOTE]

Tried buying something from the Instant Video store, was charged to my CC. Second rep told me that it isn't accurate.

Edit- They refunded me, and gave me credit. I love Amazon.

Very kind of you! Hopefully someone(maybe me?) will repay that kindness soon.

Not really looking for repayment or bonus points or anything-- the way I look at it, the game is $5 right now and I have close to $30 in Steam credit. If I really wanted it enough to take it from someone for free, I suppose I would have bought it already, and I know for factual fact that there's people here way more interested in the game than I. If anything, I would be a total ass to accept it. :p

I do hope that it, however, does set a bit of an example. People shouldn't jump on things and horde things just to have them... I'd rather see people get what they would actually like to have or play. If I got Hotline Miami from someone, I'm not even sure that I would like it or play it and that would not be fair at all to someone that would have actually enjoyed it or put time into it.

Wazzim

Banned
You haven't met 1-click at Amazon.*

*Never happened to me, and I don't know if he brought it at Amazon.
Yup, fucking Amazon. I was looking if my credit would apply but then bought the game for full price before I knew it.
I have sent an email but am not holding my hopes up.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Yup, fucking Amazon. I was looking if my credit would apply but then bought the game for full price before I knew it.
I have sent an email but am not holding my hopes up.

Call or chat with them. Worse case, sell it in the buy/sell/trade thread on gaf.

Koroviev

Can't get Hotline Miami to launch without crashing in Windows 8 (Professional, 64-bit). Oh well. Fingers crossed for a patch at some point.

I have a spare copy of Arkham City (sadly not the GOTY version). I'll give it to whoever has played Arkham Asylum for more than 10 hours and who obviously doesn't own City yet.

First to meet the requirements. Go.

This puts me in a bit of a bind. The 10 hours was more in reference to Steam, so that I could actually verify it. My apologies, but I think I'll need to give it to Ezekiel.

I'll add you. Just scraped in!

It's alright. I did finish it and got all the secrets though but I understand if you need verification. Grats to Ezekiel! :D

Gibbo

damn missed the rainbow 6 3 raven shield sale. anyone who bought the tom clancy pack would like to get rid of it? would gladly paypal over

Echoplx

LOL! You see guys, LOL! It's LOL.

Dude, don't be that guy. So you don't like Win8. Whatever. It works just fine for the majority of people and when it doesn't there's usually a simple fix. PC Gaming, rockin it this way since the 70s.

I'm arguing the game is buggy regardless of OS.. I've been using Windows 8 since release >.>

I guess I'm just hoping to be able to grab any 2 game combination of stalker cop, Alan Wake, or either of the Risen games. Really hope the Risen games come down in price.

Can anyone here who has played Stalker C.O.P. tell me how it compares to shadow of chernobyl? From what ive heard clear skies is the one to skip. Is there a complete mod for COP similar to the one for SOC?

I guess I'm just hoping to be able to grab any 2 game combination of stalker cop, Alan Wake, or either of the Risen games. Really hope the Risen games come down in price.

Can anyone here who has played Stalker C.O.P. tell me how it compares to shadow of chernobyl? From what ive heard clear skies is the one to skip. Is there a complete mod for COP similar to the one for SOC?
SOC and COP are both amazing and all three of them have a complete mod

KarmaCow

Is it just me or is Darksiders 2 a really unoptimized port? My framerate is all over the place, going from 60 to 8 all in the same zone. Some of the low FPS is from what I assume it the game loading the area ahead (which happens far too frequently), but there are entire areas like the City of the Dead where the framerate is perpetually <30 fps. Even when the games is supposedly 60 according the fraps, the game looks really choppy due to stuttering.

I have a 3570k @ 4.1GHz & a 460 and I'm playing this on my 720p TV with mid-high settings so I have no idea why this is apparently straining my computer so much. GTAIV, for a shit port as it was runs better than this. It's a shame too because I really love the combat and puzzles but I'm literally getting headaches from playing it.

Salsa

dr_octagon gifted me Deadlight. Let it be known that he's a swell fella

now lets see how the game goes downhill after a great start (that's what I hear anyway)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So I bought the Dreamcast bundle from Amazon, and for a while I was debating whether to keep it for myself or gift it out, and I think that because it's still Christmas, I'll go ahead and just gift it out. So here's what I'll do. The first person to post a piece of art (official or otherwise) from the game they want out of the bundle will get it (one game per person, please). But you also have to add me as a friend on Steam (I'll send you the code on GAF, I just want more Steam friends :lol). My Steam ID is SeraphisCain.

And for reference, the games in the bundle are Sonic Adventure DX, Jet Set Radio, Sega Bass Fishing, Crazy Taxi, and Space Channel 5 Part 2.

Post away! :D

Shepard

So I bought the Dreamcast bundle from Amazon, and for a while I was debating whether to keep it for myself or gift it out, and I think that because it's still Christmas, I'll go ahead and just gift it out. So here's what I'll do. The first person to post a piece of art (official or otherwise) from the game they want out of the bundle will get it (one game per person, please). But you also have to add me as a friend on Steam (I'll send you the code on GAF, I just want more Steam friends :lol). My Steam ID is SeraphisCain.

And for reference, the games in the bundle are Sonic Adventure DX, Jet Set Radio, Sega Bass Fishing, Crazy Taxi, and Space Channel 5 Part 2.

Sonic-Adventure-DX-logo.jpg

Can I? :eek:

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Musi7l.jpg

Oh man when I was in high school I did an awesome picture of Beat from JSR. I wonder if my mum threw it out...

Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom