• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

chixdiggit

So I bought the Dreamcast bundle from Amazon, and for a while I was debating whether to keep it for myself or gift it out, and I think that because it's still Christmas, I'll go ahead and just gift it out. So here's what I'll do. The first person to post a piece of art (official or otherwise) from the game they want out of the bundle will get it (one game per person, please). But you also have to add me as a friend on Steam (I'll send you the code on GAF, I just want more Steam friends :lol). My Steam ID is SeraphisCain.

And for reference, the games in the bundle are Sonic Adventure DX, Jet Set Radio, Sega Bass Fishing, Crazy Taxi, and Space Channel 5 Part 2.

Post away! :D

Bah...Beat

Euphor!a

Banned
Anyone know the deal with the Amazon promo credit? I go to buy a game that is eligible and it seems to never get applied, I go to buy it and it lists it at the actual price with no mention of the promotional price and the only button left to hit is complete purchase.

Anyone know how to actually apply the credit?

J-Tier

Anyone know the deal with the Amazon promo credit? I go to buy a game that is eligible and it seems to never get applied, I go to buy it and it lists it at the actual price with no mention of the promotional price and the only button left to hit is complete purchase.

Is there a specific date for when the promotion is active?

So I bought the Dreamcast bundle from Amazon, and for a while I was debating whether to keep it for myself or gift it out, and I think that because it's still Christmas, I'll go ahead and just gift it out. So here's what I'll do. The first person to post a piece of art (official or otherwise) from the game they want out of the bundle will get it (one game per person, please). But you also have to add me as a friend on Steam (I'll send you the code on GAF, I just want more Steam friends :lol). My Steam ID is SeraphisCain.

And for reference, the games in the bundle are Sonic Adventure DX, Jet Set Radio, Sega Bass Fishing, Crazy Taxi, and Space Channel 5 Part 2.

Post away! :D

986207175-00.jpg

Salsa

someone needs to tell me if Awesomenauts is worth getting up tomorrow and going to the bank to charge more money into my CC before the sales change

damn you for being on sale so late, thought I was done

Narag

Consult your emails for what the credit is good for. Some of that promo credit is for f2p stuff but is only displayed as a lump sum.

Euphor!a

Banned
someone needs to tell me if Awesomenauts is worth getting up tomorrow and going to the bank to charge more money into my CC before the sales change

I think it is a really fun game, not sure if it worth that kind of hassle though...

My recommendation :
"What is quite possibly the most unique take on the MOBA (LoL, DOTA2) genre Awesomenauts comes in to breathe a a breath of fresh air onto the playing field. Simplifying the MOBA genre immensely it takes its base, turns it 2D, and gives player direct control of their personal 'Naut (no point and click) and it turns out to be an absolute blast. Don't let this one fall under your radar as it is ridiculous amounts of fun and still has sufficient depth to keep more competitive players yearning for more."

The console version was one of my most played games of summer, the PC version that's constantly being updated with free content / characters is going to be something I log quite a few hours in. Get it, it's great.

Salsa

My recommendation :
"What is quite possibly the most unique take on the MOBA (LoL, DOTA2) genre Awesomenauts comes in to breathe a a breath of fresh air onto the playing field. Simplifying the MOBA genre immensely it takes its base, turns it 2D, and gives player direct control of their personal 'Naut (no point and click) and it turns out to be an absolute blast. Don't let this one fall under your radar as it is ridiculous amounts of fun and still has sufficient depth to keep more competitive players yearning for more."

The console version was one of my most played games of summer, the PC version that's constantly being updated with free content / characters is going to be something I log quite a few hours in. Get it, it's great.

I certainly should trust another Shark's opinion

c0Zm1c

just a heads up: The Amazing Spiderman is actually pretty damn great

expensive for an impulse buy but if you enjoyed the best Spiderman games (Spiderman 2/Ultimate Spiderman) you'll have your fun.
Huh? I really liked Spider-Man 2 but the new game is terrible. Instead of the brilliant web swinging mechanics we had in those older games we now just point to where we want Spidey to go and the game does the rest. It completely destroys any sense of exhilaration. The combat is passable but feels poor next to Arkham Asylum/City. Web Focus is really good though, the only decent thing about the game.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
My recommendation :

555555551ykz4.png

Salsa

Huh? I really liked Spider-Man 2 but the new game is terrible. Instead of the brilliant web swinging mechanics we had in those older games we now just point to where we want Spidey to go and the game does the rest. It completely destroys any sense of exhilaration. The combat is passable but feels poor next to Arkham Asylum/City. Web Focus is really good though, the only decent thing about the game.

I think the web stuff is pretty great. The swinging is still there although simplified (it still feels good tho) and the stopping time thing works to pull off some vissually impressive things at least. Arkham-lite combat is certainly an improvement over the button mashing those games were, too.

granted my expectations were low given its a licensed game from a movie that just came out, but im having a lot of fun with it

chixdiggit

Looks like I put in roughly 8 fun hours in on the game. That was 100% split screen multiplayer/co-op on the couch. I have never even tried online and from what I hear that's where the real fun is.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I still have my Dreamcast fishing reel controller, too bad it won't work with the PC version. Oh well, Sega Marine Fishing was so much better anyways.

probably already been answered but is far cry 3 on the list either for steam or amazon for going on sale? its the only game i really want but im not going to pull the trigger only to have it go on sale shortly after!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Man, first sale where I've barely bought anything for myself. Not much left that I want besides upcoming games, so I'm sitting back playing Santa this year and much of what I did want I received from friends here.

I actually stayed away from the PC and Steam most of Christmas Eve and Christmas. Feels good. Merry Christmas Steam GAF, love you guys!

Petrie

Banned
Aww, sorry man. I kinda feel bad now. :(

It's all good my friend. I'm glad to see the holiday cheer going around. I've been busy on mobile and such, took me way too long to answer my Sleepy Dogs giveaway.

As I say to anyone, don't ever feel bad for being generous.

Changes to Steamgifts due to no entries!

Man, first sale where I've barely bought anything for myself. Not much left that I want besides upcoming games, so I'm sitting back playing Santa this year and much of what I did want I received from friends here.

I actually stayed away from the PC and Steam most of Christmas Eve and Christmas. Feels good. Merry Christmas Steam GAF, love you guys!

We love you too xelios, you notorious gifter you.

RM8

I don't think it's possible to not enjoy such a well crafted game.
I didn't. And I really tried. I may have crappy taste but I just found it incredibly boring and unremarkable, and when people try to tell me how awesome it is they usually mention the atmosphere and how good of a Batman simulator it is - I really can't disagree with those points, I guess.

Still, since the vast majority of people like I don't think it's particularly risky to buy it for someone as a present.

I finished The Ballad of Gay Tony yesterday. It's by far my favorite part of GTAIV.

I didn't really like The Lost and Damned. The missions were boring and the characters did nothing for me. TBoGT on the other hand had great missions, ridiculous characters and lot of fun stuff to do IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom