• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kammie

Well what do you guys suggest I vote for? Sim games are not for me so I know nothing about these.
Vote Tropico, it's a waste for a game that had a daily deal to be put up as a flash sale again.

Sometimes I wonder if the companies bribe Steam for positions in the polls.

Hellix

Alright, Tropico 4 it is..

It's nice that Capcom is being more active with steam sales but i wish DMC4 and RE5 would be 75% off already. :<

Hoping for RE:ORC Complete Pack for 75% off.

Kinda want Off the Record... also want Anno 2070 but it seems too much even at 60% off (if it wins) with so much DLC missing.

HoosTrax

Well what do you guys suggest I vote for? Sim games are not for me so I know nothing about these.
All three games are sim-ish games.

Anno, less so. It's more of an RTS / city-builder / 4x hybrid. But I think some of you will not like the DRM that it comes with.

Tropico is a modern satirical, tropical sim-ish game, with some indulgent power fantasy elements.

Fwiw, I have 120 hours combined in Tropico 3/4 and 179 hours in Anno 2070, so both are good value imho. (SC4 is a little dated for me to get into at this point)

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Tough choice time.

I have enough for Hotline Miami and Mark of the Ninja in my Steam wallet, with about 4 cents to spare.

Do I pull the trigger, or wait for a daily on FTL?

DECISIONS

Stoof

I was hoping for 50% off on Mark of the Ninja, but oh well I'll bite.

EDIT: ...Okay it looks like it changed from 25% to 50% for me. Well I guess I got my wish!

HoosTrax

This is kinda hilarious. Picked up the Dawn of War Complete pack for II plus all expansions. Since I can't play II until I beat DOW, I loaded up my savegame to see where I had left off.

Turns out I was on the last level of DOWI when I stopped playing the game over a year ago. And from the looks of the Wiki I can pretty safely skip Dark Crusade and Soulstorm, right?
I put way more hours into Dark Crusade than any other part of the DoW1 series. It's a more open-ended, Risk-style campaign, and it does have a storyline -- it's not just botmatch. DC is also more modern than the previous two games.

KarmaCow

Wow that Dead Rising pack is real dumb. I mean it's nice that it's $10 for DR2 and DR2:OTR (especially for Capcom) , but who is going to play both when OTR is practically the same game with a model swap.

ShaneB

Anno, less so. It's more of an RTS / city-builder / 4x hybrid. But I think some of you will not like the DRM that it comes with.

Fwiw, I have 120 hours combined in Tropico 3/4 and 179 hours in Anno 2070, so both are good value imho. (SC4 is a little dated for me to get into at this point)

My goodness. I think you just sold me on Anno. It seemed kinda neat before, but that combo sounds pretty awesome.

Fantomex

I thought I had these sales figured out but I've been thrown a curve. Do I buy mark of The Ninja and Deadlight now or waits for the %75 off later?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Okay, I pulled the trigger.

Final tally for this year's sale:
Ys: Oath in Felghana
Legend of Grimrock
Hotline Miami
Mark of the Ninja

Total: $19.96

plus a couple gifts from some awesome gaffers:
Avadon
Critter Crunch

See you guys next sale!

Milamber

Guys, help. Can someone buy me that Dead Rising 2 Complete Pack at $9.99? It's not available in my region. I'll Paypal ya!

EDIT: Thanks, I H8 Memes.

kennah

Okay, I pulled the trigger.

Final tally for this year's sale:
Ys: Oath in Felghana
Legend of Grimrock
Hotline Miami
Mark of the Ninja

Total: $19.96

plus a couple gifts from some awesome gaffers:
Avadon
Critter Crunch

See you guys next sale!
Dude, still a week left.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Dead Rising 2 looks interesting, but it's locked in my country. Damn GFWL, always causing me trouble when browsing the Steam store. Oh well, with so many other games in my backlog, I won't miss this one too much.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
It's nice that Capcom is being more active with steam sales but i wish DMC4 and RE5 would be 75% off already. :<

If you really want it now, you can get DMC4 (Steam key) at GMG for a little under $5, using that 30% off code.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Oh what the fuck, Dead Rising Pack? I already bought Dead Rising 2 Off The Record, Goddammit CRAPCOM what the fu...

oh wait, Dead Rising 2 is only like 5 bucks!

And that's even less in my region.

Point capcom!

Platy

Mark of Ninja and Hotline Miami for JUST 50% ????

That is RIDICULOUS steam sale !!! RIDICULOUS !

AT LEAST 75% on daily/flash deals =/

chixdiggit

How long is Dead Rising 2 and Mark of the Ninja? Or better yet can someone point me to the data base that shows average game lengths? I know there is a site out there but can't remember or find it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Mark of Ninja and Hotline Miami for JUST 50% ????

That is RIDICULOUS steam sale !!! RIDICULOUS !

AT LEAST 75% on daily/flash deals =/

I demand that Valve, AT LEAST, combine Mark of the Ninja, Hotline Miami and Far Cry 3 into one bundle with 75%.

Some of you guys are spoiled.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I demand that Valve, AT LEAST, combine Mark of the Ninja, Hotline Miami and Far Cry 3 into one bundle with 75%.

Some of you guys are spoiled.

I agree.

Just wait 4 months and it'll be 75% off.

Play the other 20 games you bought this sale. Or don't, that's what I do! :D

JLG-

Wait, what?
iKpXvoINUHWl9.png

How?

Does this mean that I've got $40 off on mp3, video and games? How do I use this?

How did I get this?

After seeing your post i went to check my balance:

NaiL9.png

What the fuck?!! Is this a mistake? How or why do i have so much money. :O

What's the community like now? For some reason I stopped playing shortly after release, might get back into it.

I don't play it much myself anymore, but the community is basically only new people trying it out, and the core people who never left. Big skill divides, but mature people, it's a good community but very small.

People left because the gunplay and gameplay are so different from other shooters, and because it was so buggy, which it isn't anymore.

Sorry I can't really tell you much more, I only play like 1 round a week.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
After seeing your post i went to check my balance:

http://i.imgur.com/NaiL9.png[/I MG]

What the fuck?!! Is this a mistake? How or why do i have so much money. :O[/QUOTE]

From my convo with an Amazon rep, looks like the system is combining the f2p credits under everything.

Well, be careful, because I tried to get something with the video credit it said I had, and I did not in fact have any video credit. At least customer service was able to refund me.

From my convo with an Amazon rep, looks like the system is combining the f2p credits under everything.

Yea, my issue seemed to have something to do with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom