• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixclaws

Banned
I appreciate satisfying melee combat. Does the protagonist matter? Just wondering if Frank West is a downgrade from the original.

Melee combat is okay, if you're looking for a zombie came with good melee combat look at Dead Island. The combat in Dead Rising is more about using crazy weapons, you literally can kill zombies with anything you see from bats, blades, umbrellas, lawnmowers, dildos, chairs, guns, chainsaw, spears, and a ton of ridiculous weapons. Also there is a basic weapon combination system that will allow you to make some odd weapons, one of the combos results in a lightsaber.

Protagonists don't really matter. Dead Rising 2 is slightly more serious than Off the Record, but the series is not meant to be serious at all. Frank West starts Off the Record as a former photojournalist that has become a washed up reality tv star after the events of the first Dead Rising, whereas the protagonist of Dead Rising 2 Chuck Greene is a motorcross star taking care of his infected daughter.

Coop is not required, but it makes the game a hell of a lot more fun if you're playing with a friend. All it does is drop another player into the game and causes no change in the story. If I remember correctly coop is the same in both games.

Koroviev

Melee combat is okay, if you're looking for a zombie came with good melee combat look at Dead Island. The combat in Dead Rising is more about using crazy weapons, you literally can kill zombies with anything you see from bats, blades, umbrellas, lawnmowers, dildos, chairs, guns, chainsaw, spears, and a ton of ridiculous weapons. Also there is a basic weapon combination system that will allow you to make some odd weapons, one of the combos results in a lightsaber.

Protagonists don't really matter. Dead Rising 2 is slightly more serious than Off the Record, but the series is not meant to be serious at all. Frank West starts Off the Record as a former photojournalist that has become a washed up reality tv star after the events of the first Dead Rising, whereas the protagonist of Dead Rising 2 Chuck Greene is a motorcross star taking care of his infected daughter.

Coop is not required, but it makes the game a hell of a lot more fun if you're playing with a friend. All it does is drop another player into the game and causes no change in the story. If I remember correctly coop is the same in both games.

Sounds good. I'd like to get it to play co-op with my sister. Probably get two copies of Off the Record since it has a freeplay mode.

baconcow

No Steam key, but there's free copies of Auditorium here:
http://store.cipherprime.com/products/auditorium

header_292x136.jpg

Thanks. Just bought it, but received nothing in the email. I was going to buy this on Steam some time ago but the demo didn't sell me at full price.

Koroviev

Somewhat random question: are any of the Sims 3 expansion packs worth the asking price? My sister has been obsessed with the base game for years, but all of the expansions seem like very overpriced fluff to me. Isn't there an active modding community that has added that stuff for free?

Petrie

Banned
I've given away quite a bit so now I'm hoping someone can help me out. Little brother got a new PC for Xmas and wants to give DOTA a try, but I don't have any beta invites. Can anyone hook me up?

Grief.exe

How is Dead Rising 2 co-op?

Functional even with GFWL?

Can you play through the entire campaign with it? Or is it restricted to some other mode?

I loved DR1 back when I had a console, would like to play through it again.

Aaron

How is Dead Rising 2 co-op?

Functional even with GFWL?

Can you play through the entire campaign with it? Or is it restricted to some other mode?

I loved DR1 back when I had a console, would like to play through it again.
You can play through the whole game. Didn't have any problems getting it running the few times I did it.

Platy

Actually, I was under the impression that Microsoft developed the game, but they are the publishers, don't know if it is an "indie" game, though...

Developed by the same dudes who made the Shank games ... you know, the one that is on a humble bundle RIGHT NOW xD

...and Bastion was published by warner ... so publishers don't change a lot

You said with so much trust that I guessed that you were from one of the developers hahahaha

Sianos

Ah, today has been a good day for me. Picked up Mark of the Ninja to finish it off.

Any recommendations on Castle Crashers?

Guys, whoever hasn't bought Hotline Miami yet needs to do it.

I'm gonna give you one good reason, and only one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYLxlIF7Wn0. If this doesn't convince you, you're not meant to play videogames, nor listen to music.
I lived through the 80s once already and listened to shitty Miami vice style synth pop when people were snorting coke and dancing at black angus wearing shoulder pads. Don't need to go through that again.

And I already bought the game.

It's 6am, 26th of December in England.

GMG is in England.

Football Manager 2013 is 50% off (with a bit more off via 30% coupon code) on the 26th of December at GMG.

*confetti*

SRTtoZ

Welp, just watching some old video reviews of Batman AA/AC and checked steam quick and saw I could buy them BOTH (goty editions) for 12 bucks total. I beat them on consoles long ago but I cant wait to play them on my gaming PC.

What an insane deal. Now if only Skyrim and the addons dropped to 75% off id be all in.

Raxus

Welp, just watching some old video reviews of Batman AA/AC and checked steam quick and saw I could buy them BOTH (goty editions) for 12 bucks total. I beat them on consoles long ago but I cant wait to play them on my gaming PC.

I highly recommend it. The games look gorgeous on PC.

thinking of getting dead rising 2 complete pack. i heard it is quite a poorly optimized port tho. any impressions?

I only played the Dead Rising 2 game but it played just fine for me (I played with a controller). Fair warning. It uses GFWL.

Toki767

$10 on Amazon for Steam keys

didamangi

It's 6am, 26th of December in England.

GMG is in England.

Football Manager 2013 is 50% off (with a bit more off via 30% coupon code) on the 26th of December at GMG.

*confetti*

Still 6 hours to go before the next GMG daily deal :)

Don't forget Sine Mora will be $1.74 on there too. (If the -30% voucher still works)

Huh. I thought DR2 was at least on par with the original except the main character wasn't as memorably goofy. Co-op made up for that, and OTR seems to fix the one problem the original had.

Honestly even the point about the main character is subjective. I thought Dead Rising 2 was excellent, even before OTR.

Aaron

Story is junk in DR2. Dead Rising had a pretty interesting story. I liked the mall better than this fake vegas, but it's still a pretty good environment for zombie killing. The stuff with combining weapons and the daughter are points in DR2's favor.

Koroviev

Story is junk in DR2. Dead Rising had a pretty interesting story. I liked the mall better than this fake vegas, but it's still a pretty good environment for zombie killing. The stuff with combining weapons and the daughter are points in DR2's favor.

So, Dead Rising 2 Complete is the way to go? At first I thought it was $10 for Off the Record by itself, but now I see that you can get both for that amount. Just not sure if there's any sense in owning both games.

pa22word

So it still has DR1's horrible clock thing getting in the way? Ugh.. I think I'll pass. The day they make a good DR game with no stupid countdowns/timers getting in the way of my fun is the day that they can take my wallet.

And I hope that day never comes. They need not change what makes the game so engaging to please people who are irrelevant to the games' success. Honestly though, people like you need to get over themselves. Not everything needs to be changed to suit your narrow definition of "fun", and demanding such a thing at the detriment of others' enjoyment who actually enjoy what this series offers is a marked sign of a rather conceited individual.

Forkball

Is LotR: War in the North worth $5? I heard it's mediocre, but still might be fun for such a low price. Or should I buy Lego LotR instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom