• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
There's a sale overlap over at Amazon. If you have a 2k $5 coupon you can grab XCOM for 20 bucks and NBA 2k13 for 10. Both are Steam keys.

Other deals:

Desert to Sea Bundle (Bioshock 1, 2 and Spec Ops) - $4.99
Borderlands 2 - $24.99
WTF Pack (Duke Nukem Forever, Borderlands 1, The Darkness II) - $4.99
2k Shooter Pack (DNF, Bioshock 1 and 2) - $4.99

You only get to use the coupon once.

Thanks, managed to get NBA 2k13 for $4.82 after gift card and taxes

Damnit, my 2 most wanted games of this sale are only 50% off, Mark of the Ninja and Hotline Miami :( Since i won't even play them right now i might as well wait for a better sale during summer or something...

Same here with Mark of the Ninja. Got Sleeping Dogs for 11 (and 6credit back), dark soul (15), and thats it I think.

Caerith

If I'll only play one Civilization: IV or V?
It doesn't take very long* to 100% both, so why choose?

I haven't played IV but my understanding is that it is the more "hardcore" of the two, so if you're not a huge devotee of the genre then maybe just play V (which is pretty fantastic anyway).

* relative to the age of the universe.

Coen

It's a bad game that doesn't play as well as the originals. It doesn't have to do with it being on the PC. It's shit no matter where you get it. Brought to you by the same devs as Tony Hawk RIDE and SHRED.

That's a shame. Thanks for the info, won't be buying it.

Mista Koo

It doesn't take very long* to 100% both, so why choose?

I haven't played IV but my understanding is that it is the more "hardcore" of the two, so if you're not a huge devotee of the genre then maybe just play V (which is pretty fantastic anyway).

* relative to the age of the universe.
I never played anything in that genre, nor any similar genres.

Retne

How bad are Tony Hawk HD's issues on PC? I've read it's all kinds of shit, but I'd love to play TH2 on PC back in the day.

I've been enjoying it but I've been fiending for some THPS for a while. The port job is a little janky in that it barely has any graphics settings at all. If you want v-sync you're gonna have to force it at the driver level. The engine occasionally glitches out and will fling you a million miles up in the air and it usually just makes me laugh.

I would say the worst part about this game is Downhill Jam. Tony Hawk really must hate himself and everyone else for forcing this level into THPS HD. Holy shit that level is the worst and you have to complete 5 goals to get past it. Also don't get the DLC levels as they really don't play very well with the engine and you'll find yourself frustratedly looking for a little less jank when trying to navigate them.

All that said and done it's still got the feel of the originals and while it may not be as super tight there hasn't exactly been a lot of options and it scratches that THPS itch. I've already put 16 hours into it and I'll probably put in quite a bit more.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
All that said and done it's still got the feel of the originals and while it may not be as super tight there hasn't exactly been a lot of options and it scratches that THPS itch. I've already put 16 hours into it and I'll probably put in quite a bit more.
It's so bizarre to me. I watch videos on youtube and it had a newer game look but the gameplay is exactly (janky) like the PS1 games.

Aaron

It's so bizarre to me. I watch videos on youtube and it had a newer game look but the gameplay is exactly (janky) like the PS1 games.
No. The newer game is stiffer and slower to react. It lacks the precision of the Neversoft Hawks.

Toki767

I feel kind of weird that I haven't bought anything for myself on Steam yet during this sale. But I guess I do feel pretty good that I've sent a gift to like half the people on my friends list. The magic of Christmas.

Retne

No. The newer game is stiffer and slower to react. It lacks the precision of the Neversoft Hawks.

I would argue that the older ones were stiffer and that's what made them better. The new one is more fluid and occasionally a little laggy but not consistently so. I guess it's just a matter of perspective but I agree that it isn't as good as the originals were. The originals were amazing games where as this is just an okay one.

Its my birthday today, so I'll celebrate by giving away a few extra game keys I've had laying around. Its not much, but I'm sure some people will be able to find a use for these.

Quote to reveal.

Metro 2033:

Darksiders:

Darksiders 2 Abyssal Forge:

Its my birthday today, so I'll celebrate by giving away a few extra game keys I've had laying around. Its not much, but I'm sure some people will be able to find a use for these.

Quote to reveal.

Metro 2033:

Darksiders:

Darksiders 2 Abyssal Forege:
Took Abyssal Forge. Thanks and Happy Birthday!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Alright, I got a few misc Steam keys to give away to the kind souls on NeoGAF. Got a spare key from the WTF pack for Borderlands: GOTY Edition, fourth to quote a reply to this post gets it via PM. If you don't want it, just mention padding in your post in case you're fourth so I can give it to the next person over.

Will spread the span of giving away these keys. recently did a Livestream where I gave almost 40 games away via Stesm codes but somehow got more again. XD;

didamangi

Alright, I got a few misc Steam keys to give away to the kind souls on NeoGAF. Got a spare key from the WTF pack for Borderlands: GOTY Edition, fourth to quote a reply to this post gets it. If you don't want it, just mention padding in your post in case you're fourth so I can give it to the next person over.

Will spread the span of giving away these keys. recently did a Livestream where I gave almost 40 games away via Stesm codes but somehow got more again. XD;

Very cool of you! (padding)

TUSR

Banned
Alright, I got a few misc Steam keys to give away to the kind souls on NeoGAF. Got a spare key from the WTF pack for Borderlands: GOTY Edition, fourth to quote a reply to this post gets it via PM. If you don't want it, just mention padding in your post in case you're fourth so I can give it to the next person over.

Padding it up,

good on you!

feel

Helping move this along.

KPJZKC

Testing :D

edit
Bingo, apparently!

edit 2
Wait, quote a reply? Or am I overthinking this? :p

Took Abyssal Forge. Thanks and Happy Birthday!

Thanks, enjoy the game. =D

Why not, I'll try my luck.

wotter

Quote to reveal.

Metro 2033:

Darksiders:

Darksiders 2 Abyssal Forge:

Took Metro, thanks man!

Toki767

That's nice of you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom