• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaCow

After seeing your post i went to check my balance:

http://i.imgur.com/NaiL9.png[IMG]

What the fuck?!! Is this a mistake? How or why do i have so much money. :O[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing most of that is just credit for F2P games lumped into the actual credit you can apply to some games. Amazon must have sent you email detailing what credit you've earned and where they can be used.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Well, be careful, because I tried to get something with the video credit it said I had, and I did not in fact have any video credit. At least customer service was able to refund me.

Yea, my issue seemed to have something to do with this.

I had to do the same thing earlier today. Mainly since one rep told me I had the instant vid credits.

Second guy told me the system is out of whack, and they are trying to replace/fix it.

Finally, Mark of the Ninja

With that I'm out

Damage

Dishonored $15 (gamersgate deal + GAF exchange)
Spec Ops + Bioshocks bundle $10
Scribblenauts $7.50
Half Minute Hero $2.50
Mark of the Ninja $7.50
Guild Wars 2 $30

Total $62.50

Not bad at all. Thanks Amazon

I had to do the same thing earlier today. Mainly since one rep told me I had the instant vid credits.

Second guy told me the system is out of whack, and they are trying to replace/fix it.

I started off small and bought a dollar mp3 to see if it would work. It applied credit so I thought I was golden and bought a $15 movie.

Turns out I must have just had a random $5 mp3 credit from something else.

didamangi

Finally, Mark of the Ninja

With that I'm out

Damage

Dishonored $15 (gamersgate deal + GAF exchange)
Spec Ops + Bioshocks bundle $10
Scribblenauts $7.50
Half Minute Hero $2.50
Mark of the Ninja $7.50
Guild Wars 2 $30

Total $62.50

Not bad at all. Thanks Amazon

Just curious, where did you get Half Minute Hero for that price ?

Shepard

Kinda off-topic, but do you guys know why Amazon claims taxes over my downloads? Sometimes 10% of the game's price!

whatever happens first ... 75% or humble bundle

Actually, I was under the impression that Microsoft developed the game, but they are the publishers, don't know if it is an "indie" game, though...

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Anno is 70% off over at gamersgate.

I started off small and bought a dollar mp3 to see if it would work. It applied credit so I thought I was golden and bought a $15 movie.

Turns out I must have just had a random $5 mp3 credit from something else.

I did the same thing, with a $2 rental. Then checked right away to see if I was charged. Good thing Amazon's customer service rocks.

Prophane33

Since others seem to be posting this kind of stuff... picked up:

Race Injection
Race On
GTR2
Ys Origin
Tropico Trilogy
Pacific Storm Pack
Dawn of War Franchise Pack (cheaper than buying the few DLC/expansions I was missing)
Tom Clancy's Endwar
Half Life 2 Episode 1 and 2
Majesty Gold (Amazon)
Hotline Miami (Gifted)
Civ IV: Complete

Only really planning on getting Unity of Command and Magical Drop V before this sale is over.

Wait, what?
iKpXvoINUHWl9.png

How?

Does this mean that I've got $40 off on mp3, video and games? How do I use this?

How did I get this?

Whoa, says that I have $20... someone said that this is only for F2P transactions?

sixclaws

Banned
Is Dead Rising 2 similar to Left 4 Dead 2? And would you guys recommend Off the Record over the original game?

Only similarities are zombies.

Dead Rising 2 is open world and third person as the player is stuck in a Las Vegas knockoff and the focus is more on humiliating zombies than it is surviving. Also Dead Rising has a level up system and the story has a countdown clock so be prepared to play the first couple days a few times, though player levels carry over between games. The game is fun, but be prepared for a lot of jank, though depending on what you like and can tolerate that might not be a turnoff. Honestly the best way to judge is to watch some game play.

Also Off the Record is basically a retelling of Dead Rising 2 with a different character, same story basically and locations but some game play mechanics have been fixed and a new area is added.

Soi-Fong

Gotta give a big shoutout to PrematureQuiche! Completely surprised me with a gift copy of Cherry Tree High Comedy Club!!

Thanks Quiche!

Now these are some fucking flash deals. MotN is mine and it sounds like Deadlight can wait until 75% off in the future. With Hotline Miami, Castle Crashers and MotN out of the way all I need to finish this is FTL.

Now for the sleeping until I can put some money in the bank tomorrow morning...

Dead Rising 2 is open world and third person as the player is stuck in a Las Vegas knockoff and the focus is more on humiliating zombies than it is surviving. Also Dead Rising has a level up system and the story has a countdown clock so be prepared to play the first couple days a few times, though player levels carry over between games. The game is fun, but be prepared for a lot of jank, though depending on what you like and can tolerate that might not be a turnoff. Honestly the best way to judge is to watch some game play.

Also Off the Record is basically a retelling of Dead Rising 2 with a different character, same story basically and locations but some game play mechanics have been fixed and a new area is added.
So it still has DR1's horrible clock thing getting in the way? Ugh.. I think I'll pass. The day they make a good DR game with no stupid countdowns/timers getting in the way of my fun is the day that they can take my wallet.

Sysgen

Since others seem to be posting this kind of stuff... picked up:

Race Injection
Race On
GTR2
Ys Origin
Tropico Trilogy
Pacific Storm Pack
Dawn of War Franchise Pack (cheaper than buying the few DLC/expansions I was missing)
Tom Clancy's Endwar
Half Life 2 Episode 1 and 2
Majesty Gold (Amazon)
Hotline Miami (Gifted)
Civ IV: Complete

Only really planning on getting Unity of Command and Magical Drop V before this sale is over.

No GT Legends?

Was The Elder Scrolls a Flash Deal? Because I want to buy Morrowind but not at its current price.

You might be able to find a copy of morrowind in the buy/sell/trade thread as a lot of people who got the bethesda bundle most likely already owned it.

for example here's someone you could ask
WTS:
Steam Keys

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition $4
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition Deluxe $5

PM me.

(there might be cheaper ones than that, it was just the most recent one I found)

Koroviev

I appreciate satisfying melee combat. Does the protagonist matter? Just wondering if Frank West is a downgrade from the original.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Music sounds cool but... not sure how it's so good that if it doesn't convince me that I don't need to play games or listen to music.

It's a hard-as-nails bloody-visceral beat'em'up with an interesting take on the genre where you'll die. A lot.

But learning the layout/strategy of a level and getting it nailed down to a damn good OST had me, personally, feeling like a badass.

Aaron

So it still has DR1's horrible clock thing getting in the way? Ugh.. I think I'll pass. The day they make a good DR game with no stupid countdowns/timers getting in the way of my fun is the day that they can take my wallet.
Off the Record has a freeplay mode. Not sure if it's still on some overall clock, but you won't have to rush to story events. There's also a clock mod for DR2 that will slow the timer to a crawl.

The time isn't even a bother if you play correctly, but Off the Record added a Sandbox mode where you can just kill zombies and not worry about time.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Music sounds cool but... not sure how it's so good that if it doesn't convince me that I don't need to play games or listen to music.
Don't blame me, that's what the experts said (protip: I'm an expert)

Nah, but seriously, give it a chance. Though it's easy to say that when it comes to other people's money, I know that. But I'm so glad I fell for GAF's hype on this game, it was truly awesome and one of 2012's highlights in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom