• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artofwar420

Dang, couldn't resist Sine Mora at that price. Also just got Deadlight and Retro City Rampage. Bring on today's deals Valve, I am ready.

Majeh

Just sent my ticket in for my stupidity in purchasing Darksiders II standalone over the better deal. How long does it usually take them to respond? I don't think I'll be getting any sleep with all the anticipation D:

Cross your fingers gaf, I need all of the lucks.

Why don't you buy and keep it in your gift inventory. Just add it to your games list once they refund you?

KaiserBecks

Is Dead Rising Off The Record worth it?
I don't know if it's best to buy only Dead Rising 2 or the whole pack.

Absolutely. If you like Dead Rising, get the complete pack. These games aren't on sale that often. 10 Dollars (I assume, because its Euro 9,24 over here) is an amazing price.

Ledsen

I already own Dead Rising 2 but haven't played it. Is it worth it to buy OTR and play that right now instead, or should I just save my money and play the original? I'm leaning towards just sticking with the original for now, since I played Case Zero and liked the story setup and gameplay.

froliq

Any idea if the code is actually region locked too? Is it possible to buy through a proxy or something? I want in on this baaaaaad.

I'm not sure if it's region locked, maybe someone will try it out, but I don't think I've heard anything about region locked Origin codes before.

Load times on DR2 weren't an issue for me. Most problematic was trying to play it with a Dual Shock 3. But if you've got an Xbox controller, it should work nicely.
Alright, sound good. Own both games on 360, but the load times there were the reason I only finished one of them once (and they were never as good as the first one either though, which I've probably beat 10+ times).

I don't understand why people keep buying Windows 8 or a computer with it on it, hoping they can play Steam-based games proficiently. Not sure why people think Steam has widespread support for Windows 8 (the OS originally being developed for touch-based devices).

Because it's literally Windows 7 with a touch screen interface lazily slapped over the top. Pretty much every other program that runs on Windows 7 other than Hotline Miami works perfectly on Windows 8. I've also heard complaints from Windows 7 users so I'm inclined to blame the game rather than the OS.

Enco

I don't understand why people keep buying Windows 8 or a computer with it on it, hoping they can play Steam-based games proficiently. Not sure why people think Steam has widespread support for Windows 8 (the OS originally being developed for touch-based devices).
So much wrong with your post.

Steam works perfectly fine with W8. I have ZERO problems. It's pretty much W7 but faster.

More people need to get W8.

atomsk

Party Pooper
so far I've only picked up Endless Space, the Binary Domain DLC, and gifted stuff to some friends

still 43 bucks just waiting to be spent. at the very least hoping Primordia gets a 50% deal

So far this sale I've gotten

Dishonored (Bought from Gaffer who got that Bethesda bundle)
Fallout New Vegas (Bought from Gaffer who got that Bethesda bundle)
Penny Arcade 3
Critter Crunch
Anno 2070 (Christmas present from girlfriend)
Max Payne 3

Not bad considering how long is left in the sale I feel, amazon has been beating Steam by a fair bit though

http://steamcommunity.com/id/DSmalls84/

I was hoping to add some more people to my friends list. So if anyone is interested there is my community page to add me.

I also have keys for Bioshock 1 and 2 That I am giving away. If anyone is interested just quote.

Could I nick the Bioshock 2 code please?

[Edit]
iQTGkYMUea5d6.gif

Jburton

Banned

Had zero issues with steam, games etc on Win 8.

Let's not let a small minority of games paint as a wide spread major issue.

Danj

Someone accidentally gifted me the GalCiv Complete Pack instead of just GalCiv 1 (I already own GalCiv 2). It can't be split up, so anyone want to trade GalCiv Complete Pack for GalCiv 1 + Dead Rising 2? Both are still on Flash Sale at the moment so should be roughly equivalent value. (And yes I already tried the Trading thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom