• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goddamn it I'm so fucking stupid.

Bought Darksiders II for $16.99...I see I could get the Darksiders bundle for $13.59.

FUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. There should be some kind of purchase warning/upgrade that happens. You buy a game for X amount, before purchase Steam notifies you that said game is "included in Y bundle for Z amount, would you like to purchase this instead?"

Its fun and the lenght of the game is maybe 4 hours for the main story and 8 hours for 100%. Its more like an arcade version of GTA2 with a very funny story.

Yeah, I really only want it to chuckle at the NES references. Probably not worth $7.50 to me. Here's to hoping it remains relevant long enough to hit $3.74 or $2.50.

Alien8

Pretty excited about FM2013 going cheap on GMG.

That game is crack man. Crack. I put it above Civ at this point.

But, at least in Europe, it's not going to be cheaper than yesterdays flash sale (15€). Current price in GMG is 50€. Even with a 50% off and stacking a 30% voucher it doesn't match steams deal.

Torraz

But, at least in Europe, it's not going to be cheaper than yesterdays flash sale (15€). Current price in GMG is 50€. Even with a 50% off and stacking a 30% voucher it doesn't match steams deal.

Am I developing Alzheimers? I'm pretty sure the flash ale was 25€.

demidar

Goddamn it I'm so fucking stupid.

Bought Darksiders II for $16.99...I see I could get the Darksiders bundle for $13.59.

FUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. There should be some kind of purchase warning/upgrade that happens. You buy a game for X amount, before purchase Steam notifies you that said game is "included in Y bundle for Z amount, would you like to purchase this instead?"

Lololololololol. I already had DS 1, shame I couldn't give it away when I bought the bundle.

DagsJT

Steam's deal was £15 and GMG will be £15 but with the 30% voucher on top of that. I think.

Lololololololol. I already had DS 1, shame I couldn't give it away when I bought the bundle.

I'm so pissed (mainly at myself) all that DLC and it would have been cheaper. Fuck man, just fuck! :( I've always been awesome with my Steam holiday purchases. Stupid me, stupid stupid stuuuupid!

Double

Since you guys know what price Dark Souls will be tomorrow on Amazon, do you know the same for The Walking Dead? Wondering what its gonna cost with the 5$ coupon to decide if I wanna buy anything now ;)

@Angelus maybe give it a shot an write customer support?

undu

Does anybody how much time does it take a ticket to be answered?

I can't buy critter crunch using my steam wallet because of some of some regional crap (I guess it's because last year I was studying abroad); I've already waited a day.

ßthePenguin;45773670 said:
Since you guys know what price Dark Souls will be tomorrow on Amazon, do you know the same for The Walking Dead? Wondering what its gonna cost with the 5$ coupon to decide if I wanna buy anything now ;)

@Angelus maybe give it a shot an write customer support?

Might as well try, worse they can do is email me back with

Subject: Darksiders II
Email: lolololollololololololol! mrryxmas

-Valve

Torraz

In Spain, the normal price is 30€. Not sure in other countries, though.

nXI8Y.jpg

In the Netherlands.

Would have bought at the Spanish flashsale price yesterday.

Milamber

Does anybody how much time does it take a ticket to be answered?

I can't buy critter crunch using my steam wallet because of some of some regional crap (I guess it's because last year I was studying abroad); I've already waited a day.

What country were you at?

Just sent my ticket in for my stupidity in purchasing Darksiders II standalone over the better deal. How long does it usually take them to respond? I don't think I'll be getting any sleep with all the anticipation D:

Cross your fingers gaf, I need all of the lucks.

Tomodachi

Just woke up, sweet flash deals.

I never played Dead Rising (my xbox died before I could even try it), should I pull the trigger on the Complete bundle or maybe start with DR2 and then get the other stuff in the future? Anywhere else got the game for cheaper?

Oh also, mark of the ninja, cheaper elsewhere?

Milamber

Uh, it worked, thanks a lot!

I still think it's stupid, though, they should be able to track I've been in Spain for months and allow me to purchase the games from the spanish store.

You'll be able to buy from Spanish store again as soon as you use a spanish CC to get more wallet money.

O.DOGG

To be honest, better to give it to someone who'll play it right away, but thanks a lot :)

Also, thanks to O.DOGG for telling me to reboot my PC to get Spec Ops sound to work properly lol. Very simple fix but very important, and the game's been great so far.

I'm surprised I pretty much like everything about it, writing seems solid, it looks great, licensed music hits all the right notes, shooting isn't Vanquish-tier but it works and it's usually fun and has its pretty dynamic and intense moments, and I like how it makes you feel like shit for everything you do.

I also just like shooting americans, no offense intended, but it's just refreshing :p

I'll probably sneak it up on my GOTY list.

You are very welcome! :) I'm glad you're enjoying the game. I think it's one of the most important releases of the year and more people need to experience it.

So, damager so far then:

Borderlands 2 - 25€ on Steam
Football Manager 2013 - $14 on GMG
Mass Effect 3 - £3.56 on GamersGate
Cargo Commander - Free through Blue Coins on Gamersgate

Tizoc

So I wake up and find that my laptop needs to do a system restore =_=
Using my sister's old laptop for now, but on the plus side
I GOT PAID!

Hey, on GMG they have some cashback options for some games like DMC or Bioshock Inf, around 10 or 15 bucks each. Should I instead wait and hope for them to go 15-30% off in the runup to release? How likely do you think that is?

Dark souls help? No?

Whaddya need help with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom