• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone able to get the $14 Football Manager from GMG for me? I've already bought a copy, so I can't buy it again, but my friend would like it too. He can't buy it as GMG don't accept those prepaid credit card things.

I'll paypal the money.

haikira

I know this should be in the trading thread. But just with sales not lasting long.

Anyone want to buy me Mark of the Ninja, in exchange for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare? Not sure how the prices work in the states, but it's a saving of a few quid, here in the UK. Even keeping in mind the cheapest Chivalry have been.

I can also throw in Torchlight or Rochard if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

didamangi

I know this should be in the trading thread. But just with sales not lasting long.

Anyone want to buy me Mark of the Ninja, in exchange for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare? Not sure how the prices work in the states, but it's a saving a few quid, here in the UK. Even keeping in mind the cheapest Chivalry have been.

Thanks in advance.

Man if I had enough paypal balance I would take this offer. Good deal that.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
been a good sale for me, mark of the ninja got 10 hours out of me already, game is incredible. hotline miami decided to get cured for windows 8 as well. Once I beat that I think I want to get FTL, hope it drops a little more in price though. May pick it up anyway before 5 jan for the 25% off.

Firebrand

is there a copoun for gamersgate.co.uk
i dont want to miss mass effect 3 at this price
You already missed the better price, they goofed and it was £3.75 for a very short while. :p

ME3 is £5.24 though over at GMG though using the voucher (GMG30-DPLIM-DN831). Not Steam, obviously.

Jburton

Banned

Anyone want to buy me Mark of the Ninja, in exchange for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare? Not sure how the prices work in the states, but it's a saving of a few quid, here in the UK. Even keeping in mind the cheapest Chivalry have been.

Thanks in advance.

PM sent.

ta9qi

You already missed the better price, they goofed and it was £3.75 for a very short while. :p
ME3 is £5.24 though over at GMG though using the voucher (GMG30-DPLIM-DN831). Not Steam, obviously.
Oh, now you made me wait again for that price to happen p=
im not hurry in this game anyways,can wait even for the next year sales lol

Firebrand

Oh, now you made me wait again for that price to happen p=
im not hurry in this game anyways,can wait even for the next year sales lol
Well, I wouldn't count on such a price for a while, it was a mistake and they fixed it pretty quickly. Other than that the £5.24 on GMG is the lowest I've seen.

dreamfall

Sweet deal on Retro City Rampage- just woke up to see it! But I ended buying some RO2 last night, so I'll have to wait it out.

Some of the Flash sales yesterday were good!

Sadist

Dead Rising 2 is awesome. Well, the vanilla version. Off the Record is fun, but doesn't add anything to the experience. I love Frank, but eh.

I think I'm done with the Steam sales. I've got everything I wanted. Unless some insane deal comes along, I'm fine with my purchases this year. Speaking of which...

Sadist's Dark Souls Misadventures!

So, after finding an alternate path which leads to Deadburgh...
I started to understand the game. Kicked some boney behinds, got killed once by a mob of angry firebomb throwers and explored Deadburgh. Got killed again by an angry knight with a badass sword and afterwards I climbed the stairs. Got a barrel full of flames in my face, but my Warrior Sir Hugsalot survived. So I step through the white veil... and yay it's the Tauros Demon. Got killed pretty quickly. So I spent about an hour figuring out how to kill this bastard.After three attempts I finaly saw the ladder and killed the Crossbow warriors. It took me eleven times, but I finally understood the Demons attack pattern (plus locking on to him, using a falling attack from the tower) and I defeated him without taking damage. Feels good.

So yeah, I was happy walking down the other side, talked to a knight; I see a bunch of Undead warriors blocking the way. Eh, I can take them. So I walk over ready for battle and all of sudden OMG THERE IS FIRE EVERYWHERE WTF IS THIS and I see a very angry dragon flying towards the entrance. He's snarling and looking at me like I'm lunch. Yeah.... NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.

I turned away and was like; I hate you From Software

d1rtn4p

Crusader Kings 2 is still pretty much impenetrable to me. This is my second time trying, and I still can't make it through the tutorial even. I feel like I'm obligated to keep trying because I am a huge strategy fan, but I'm hard-pressed to find where the fun is at with the game.

This is also my second attempt at Mark of the Ninja, after having bought it on XBOX live. I'm not sure why, but it feels empty and hollow to me. I just don't think that I connect with the art style. And the gameplay doesn't seem to be very fun for me; more just an exercise on how to execute the perfect formula of moves at each room.

Could some helpful US GAFer help me with getting the Dead Rising 2 pack at the American price? If you do, I'll gift you BAD RATS. Or not. Actually, if you don't I will gift you Bad Rats.

Munin

Crusader Kings 2 is still pretty much impenetrable to me. This is my second time trying, and I still can't make it through the tutorial even. I feel like I'm obligated to keep trying because I am a huge strategy fan, but I'm hard-pressed to find where the fun is at with the game.

This is also my second attempt at Mark of the Ninja, after having bought it on XBOX live. I'm not sure why, but it feels empty and hollow to me. I just don't think that I connect with the art style. And the gameplay doesn't seem to be very fun for me; more just an exercise on how to execute the perfect formula of moves at each room.

Crusader Kings 2 is hardly impenetrable. I thought so too for my first hour. You just have to have a little patience. Now after 40 hours put in it's starting to actually feel too shallow for me.

First Steam sale. Bought so far:

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition + dlc
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition
Devil May Cry 4
Half-Life Complete
Portal + Portal 2
Ys The Oath in Felghana
Ys Origin
Psychonauts
Bioshock (gift from DSmalls84)

Thinking about getting:
Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition
Civilization IV: Complete
Mark of the Ninja
Hotline Miami
Which one would you guys recommend?

Artofwar420

Devil May Cry 4
Half-Life Complete
Portal + Portal 2
Ys The Oath in Felghana
Ys Origin
Psychonauts

Thinking about getting:
Mark of the Ninja
Hotline Miami

Just one? Mark of the Ninja. Second for me would be Hotline Miami. Or perhaps you're looking for one of the greatest turn based strategy games? Up to your tastes.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member

Thinking about getting:
Mark of the Ninja
Hotline Miami

don't purchase batman until you beat the other batman you just purchased. both great games, but the first one is huge. you might be batman'd out for a while after it. arkham city is also fun, but the gameplay is pretty much the same. There's a lot of content in the first one.

I would recommend mark of the ninja and hotline miami, both games are outstanding. I just beat mark of the ninja at around the 10 hour mark. it's really really good. all the reviews are right, amazing control, great gameplay, all around great.

Hotline miami is awesome as well. fast crazy psycho action.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Darksiders franchise pack...yay or nay?
I got bored with DS1 at the boss of the first dungeon, but some people loved it, so YMMV.

Devil May Cry 4
Half-Life Complete
Portal + Portal 2
Ys The Oath in Felghana
Ys Origin
Psychonauts

Thinking about getting:
Mark of the Ninja
Hotline Miami
I'd go with Hotline Miami. Dat soundtrack.

don't purchase batman until you beat the other batman you just purchased. both great games, but the first one is huge. you might be batman'd out for a while after it. arkham city is also fun, but the gameplay is pretty much the same. There's a lot of content in the first one.

I would recommend mark of the ninja and hotline miami, both games are outstanding. I just beat mark of the ninja at around the 10 hour mark. it's really really good. all the reviews are right, amazing control, great gameplay, all around great.

Hotline miami is awesome as well. fast crazy psycho action.

First Batman game is fairly short though depending on if you care about challenge rooms and riddler trophies

BigFwoosh

Is there a difference at all between the Mass Effect 1 and 2 included in the ME Collection and the ones in ME Trilogy? Never played Mass Effect before and the price of the collection is tempting.

NIN90

Does Dead Rising: Off The Record still have that disclaimer in the description where it says something about german IPs not being able to download the game, thus essentially preventing gifting?

haikira

Devil May Cry 4
Half-Life Complete
Portal + Portal 2
Ys The Oath in Felghana
Ys Origin
Psychonauts

Thinking about getting:
Mark of the Ninja
Hotline Miami

Arkham City has pretty bad DRM in my opinion. I know i'm probably going to be quoted by people who've had no problems. But i certainly have and have seen plenty of people have problems with it. I also hate the limited installs. I think it's 3 or 5.

Hotline Miami is awesome. I can't personally vouch for Mark of the Ninja yet. But it also appears to be an awesome game and is getting plenty of praise.

Devil May Cry 4
Half-Life Complete
Portal + Portal 2
Ys The Oath in Felghana
Ys Origin
Psychonauts

Thinking about getting:
Mark of the Ninja
Hotline Miami

MotN and Arkham City are MANDATORY. Civ IV if you have stuff left over after that.

zchen

Devil May Cry 4
Half-Life Complete
Portal + Portal 2
Ys The Oath in Felghana
Ys Origin
Psychonauts

Thinking about getting:
Mark of the Ninja
Hotline Miami

Civ IV if you like turn based strategy game that will suck you in for many, many hours.

Artofwar420

Oh crap, only have TWO FIDDY in my account. Guess my shopping adventure has come to an end.

Unless Gaben puts Skyrim at 2 dollars (damn online tax)

baconcow

So Hotline Miami and Mark of the Ninja are worth it at current discounts?

Hotline Miami is awesome and I just picked up Mark of the Ninja. If you are on a tight budget and have one of those Editor's Choice Amazon coupons, wait for Hotline Miami. If Hotline Miami is on sale January 1st, 2013 for anywhere less than $9.99, then it will be cheaper than the Steam sale, after the $5 off.

didamangi

Thinking about getting:
Mark of the Ninja
Hotline Miami

All of them are worth buying IMO :(

Looking at the prices, Batman AC GOTY and Civ IV probably won't be any cheaper than that on Steam while MotN and Hotline Miami might go for less on the next sale or in the case of Hotline Miami, maybe an indie bundle.

But if I have to pick one, Mark of the Ninja. Just the right amount of length and satisfying stealth gameplay. One of the best game I've played this year.

haikira

Does anyone know if the Asscreed games on amazon activate on steam? Sorry if this has been asked before.

I know the third does. As i bought it from the American Amazon and redeemed in on the UK Steam. This was while Ubisoft didn't even have it on our store for the launch week, for some strange reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom