• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hotline Miami is awesome and I just picked up Mark of the Ninja. If you are on a tight budget and have one of those Editor's Choice Amazon coupons, wait for Hotline Miami. If Hotline Miami is on sale January 1st, 2013 for anywhere less than $9.99, then it will be cheaper than the Steam sale, after the $5 off.

To be honest the main budget is time, think I'll pick up MotN now and get Hotline Miami off amazon then

DSmalls84

Haul so far:

Sleeping dogs
Condemned: CO
Binary Domain
Lego LOTR
Scibblenauts Unlimited
Hotline Miami
Spec Ops the Line
Dead Rising 2 Complete Pack
Red Orchestra 2 GOTY

For anyone on the fence about Hotline Miami I played about an hour this morning and so far I'm in the "ITS AWESOME" camp.

Danielsan

Ended up buying Tiny& Big: Grandpa's Leftovers from GMG. Simply couldn't say no at €1,75.
Also purchased Zeno Clash for €0,99 on Steam so that puts the total damage at €2,75 so far.

Firebrand

Is the Dark Souls fix (thanks Durante!) safe to use online? I'm only looking to increase the resolution to 1920, not unlock the frame rate or anything else.

Firebrand

Ive been using it online ever since release
Have not heard of anyone getting in trouble. Have played around 80 hours online myself.
I'll try it then, cheers.

Crusader Kings 2 is still pretty much impenetrable to me. This is my second time trying, and I still can't make it through the tutorial even. I feel like I'm obligated to keep trying because I am a huge strategy fan, but I'm hard-pressed to find where the fun is at with the game.
Unless you're simply bored by the game, check out Kersch's great Let's Play: http://lparchive.org/Crusader-Kings-2/, it's how I learned to play the game.

This is an instructional LP for Crusader Kings 2, Paradox's latest historical strategy game. My goal here is to introduce the game to those people who have been curious onlookers for CK2, but were turned off by the complexity. It may also likely prove to be helpful for those who've played EU3 or CK1 before, but want to see what's different about this title.

So it's Capcom's fault they have to comply with the German law?

No, Capcom isn't complying with the German law. All Capcom really needs to do is to require that you use a credit card to buy the game. Instead, they've thrown the baby out with the bathwater.

Crusader Kings 2 is still pretty much impenetrable to me. This is my second time trying, and I still can't make it through the tutorial even. I feel like I'm obligated to keep trying because I am a huge strategy fan, but I'm hard-pressed to find where the fun is at with the game.

It's ok if you're not a cool enough guy to play Paradox strategy games. You may have trouble finding a partner though, most women look for a guy who really knows how to manage his feudal vassals.

atomico

the damage done so far:

Awesomenauts
Spec Ops The Line
Alan Wake Bundle
Dishonored
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
THQ Complete Pack
Sims 3 + Showtime
Prince of Persia Complete Pack
Bioshock

I was only expect¡ng to play Dishonored, but I gave up after my 0-kill run somehow got screwed after the 2nd mission (must've dropped an unconscious body wrong and it died).

Played about an hour of Spec Ops, which was fun, but I guess I'm still adapting. I keep trying to go all quiet to avoid triggering alerts and keep casualties low, but it doesn't seem to be an option :p

Deadly

Man I wish I didn't know about the euro GMG price for Battlefield Premium. Now I'm not sure if I should buy it from Amazon or wait...

ithorien

I have a key (3 total) to give away for hispanic Jesus 1/2 (Just Cause 1/2) and Hitman Blood Money.

Gimme some of he worst MS Paint Xmas related drawerings with those characters and specify which one you'd like! I'll pick my faves in a few hours and PM the key.

NIN90

So it's Capcom's fault they have to comply with the German law?

Usually all games that aren't available in Germany can be acquired through gifting. This is the only game where it doesn't work.
The OG Dead Rising 2 works just fine that way for example.

BigFwoosh

Is there a difference at all between the Mass Effect 1 and 2 included in the ME Collection and the ones in ME Trilogy? Never played Mass Effect before and the price of the collection is tempting.

Can anyone help a brother? Deal will end in a bit and I'm at work so my time to buy is more limited.

I have a key (3 total) to give away for hispanic Jesus 1/2 (Just Cause 1/2) and Hitman Blood Money.

Gimme some of he worst MS Paint Xmas related drawerings with those characters and specify which one you'd like! I'll pick my faves in a few hours and PM the key.

The Dude from Just Cause 2 is bringing a Christmas tree

Untitled_zpsd2876b93.png

EDIT: JC2

You wanted the worst? You got the worst.

XRiDn.png

JC2 please.

Usually all games that aren't available in Germany can be acquired through gifting. This is the only game where it doesn't work.
The OG Dead Rising 2 works just fine that way for example.

Here's something interesting about DR2 OTR I just found after a google search.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2168549
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2170293

From what I gather, it actually does work in Germany.
You can register the GFWL key without a problem and you can start the game without a problem. It seems the only thing you need to do is start the download through a VPN, and then you're set.

fokkusu

oZ82G.png

If I win I'll take Just Cause 1, thanks!

Well I think I'm done, unless there's a 75% off New Vegas and FTL. I'm going to get Abe's Odyssee and Exodus as well as the third Penny Arcade by the 5th, which is only $5 combined.

Overall a very successful sale for me.

Got myself a taste of MotN with the first mission. This game is incredibly well designed. Assuming it doesn't get stupid later on I think I'm going to really enjoy it. I felt like I was playing the game only minutes in. That's usually a sign of good things to come, for me anyway.

Fireblend

Banned
So far I've only gotten Sleeping Dogs (but that was from GMG) and Critters Crunch

I'm really tempted to get Castle Crashers; is it worth it at $5?
Also, waiting on a Torchlight 2 daily deal.

Couldn't resist all of Dead Rising 2 for 10$. Does 'Off the record' offer an entirely new game experience? Or is it mostly the same areas/story with a different character and camera gameplay?

derExperte

Here's something interesting about DR2 OTR I just found after a google search.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2168549
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2170293

From what I gather, it actually does work in Germany.
You can register the GFWL key without a problem and you can start the game without a problem. It seems the only thing you need to do is start the download through a VPN, and then you're set.

I started downloading OTR a few seconds ago. In Germany. The one game I have that's really region locked (B2 RU) complains before starting the download when not using a Russian IP so the warning about OTR looks like bullshit.

FauX

I recently purchased on Amazon the desert to sea bundle. I Already own the Bioshock games, so I'm willing to trade them off for any single game you have.

I'm online right know, so if you PM me I will answer you quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom