• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasLegio

Banned
Is this some kind of sick joke?

or are people really that dumb to buy this shit?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/2028252/

Team Fortress 2: Holiday Pack
-66%
24,99€
8,49€

The Team Fortress 2 Holiday Pack includes the following Holiday Items!

Smissmas Wreath

Nothing says "Happy Holidays" quite like prickly leaves and poisonous berries pinned to your chest.

Antlers

Give your opponents the gift of hesitation this holiday season when they pause to think, "Is that a cute little deer, or-" KA-BLAM! Dead.
banner.png

The Reindoonicorn

Tenth Most Famous Reindeer? Not for long! Reindoonicorn may have hit rock bottom after being benched in favor of a mutant with a bioluminescent growth on his nose, but those decades spent bouncing from one halfway house to the next have given him all the grit and determination he needs to get back on top! That and the fact that he's recently been seen hanging around with nine heavily armed lunatics practically guarantees that this is one reindeer to watch out for.

Hey, anybody want to trade Castle Crashers for Mark of the Ninja? I'd be willing to toss in an extra $2-3 of stuff (DLC, cheap games) to even out the deal. PM me if interested.

zkylon

zkylewd
Its my birthday today, so I'll celebrate by giving away a few extra game keys I've had laying around. Its not much, but I'm sure some people will be able to find a use for these.

Quote to reveal.

Metro 2033:

Darksiders:

Darksiders 2 Abyssal Forge:
Someone took Darksiders.

zkylon

zkylewd
zkylon, you want Darksiders? I got a spare key.
To be honest, better to give it to someone who'll play it right away, but thanks a lot :)

Also, thanks to O.DOGG for telling me to reboot my PC to get Spec Ops sound to work properly lol. Very simple fix but very important, and the game's been great so far.

I'm surprised I pretty much like everything about it, writing seems solid, it looks great, licensed music hits all the right notes, shooting isn't Vanquish-tier but it works and it's usually fun and has its pretty dynamic and intense moments, and I like how it makes you feel like shit for everything you do.

I also just like shooting americans, no offense intended, but it's just refreshing :p

I'll probably sneak it up on my GOTY list.

Never heard of it. Sell me on it. Don't see it on steam either.

It's on it's way, once Valve realise what they've got it'll be greenlit instantly.
It's an homage to metroidvanias. You're an archaeologist with nothing but a whip and your laptop, you explore an awesome (yet often unforgiving) site where you'll have to solve all sorts of puzzles, find tons of secrets, and upgrade your gear (including installing software on your laptop) to help you progress. It's got a retro vibe and cool digital music track that reminds me of some older castlevania games.

That's about all I got so now where to get it.

Firstly you can pick it up here for a pay what you want minimum of $1.50, then you can go vote for it on greenlight here

Apparently once it's greenlit on steam you will automatically get a steam key added to your bundle page.

Firebrand

Was keen on that gamersgate bundle (I'm fond of that site for some odd reason) but it's note worthy that it doesn't appear to be steam redeemable, while the amazon ones are.
That's a really good point, I forgot that Gamersgate got their own version of CKII and the DLC is not compatible with Steam either. Thanks.

That's a really good point, I forgot that Gamersgate got their own version of CKII and the DLC is not compatible with Steam either. Thanks.

Kinda makes me sad, such a good price and it's still tempting me but the fact that I just got Europa Universallis 3 and haven't given it a fair go yet is stopping me. I don't mind not having it on steam but I definitely won't get around to it for a while (going to china for a month then uni starts again) and it might end up lost in my 'non steam library' which if it gets too large I will totally forget what I own and end up buying it a second time without realising.

Martian

for me to buy Stalker:call of pripyat cheap, I first have to buy Shadow of Chernobyl or Clear Sky.

Which one should I get? Any major things I need to know about?

Absolutely Shadow of Chernobyl. Probably one of the best games I've ever played. Although you may hate it for like an hour or two until you get the swing of things. But when it the gunplay finally clicks....god damn.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
There's a sale overlap over at Amazon. If you have a 2k $5 coupon you can grab XCOM for 20 bucks and NBA 2k13 for 10. Both are Steam keys.

Other deals:

Desert to Sea Bundle (Bioshock 1, 2 and Spec Ops) - $4.99
Borderlands 2 - $24.99
WTF Pack (Duke Nukem Forever, Borderlands 1, The Darkness II) - $4.99
2k Shooter Pack (DNF, Bioshock 1 and 2) - $4.99

You only get to use the coupon once.
Yay, had a hidden 2k voucher that didn't come in an email, so it was a surprise finding out I could grab DNF Complete for 5 bucks!

kami_sama

We still have 10 days to go. The biggest "problem" with the sale for me is that it's so padded out. With more deals in a shorter time, there would be much less complaining.
Yea, but if you buy it before 2013, you get extra goodies and the update #5 is free :(

Someone sell me on Magic 2013 and whether the expansions decks are worth it. This comes from a former casual Magic player.
As someone that hasn't played magic in years, I think it's great, but limited. If you are not a pro, I think you will enjoy it. Also, there's 2 expansions you should get, as they give more decks and some new challenges.

Deques

There's a sale overlap over at Amazon. If you have a 2k $5 coupon you can grab XCOM for 20 bucks and NBA 2k13 for 10. Both are Steam keys.

Other deals:

Desert to Sea Bundle (Bioshock 1, 2 and Spec Ops) - $4.99
Borderlands 2 - $24.99
WTF Pack (Duke Nukem Forever, Borderlands 1, The Darkness II) - $4.99
2k Shooter Pack (DNF, Bioshock 1 and 2) - $4.99

You only get to use the coupon once.

I don't have any 2k coupon :( Can't get the WTF pack for the low price

Torn on Retro City Rampage. I have it wish listed, but am not sure it's worth 7.50.

Also if you've ever taken Magic remotely seriously (like played at a local store or draft online), Magic 2013 is somewhat infuriating to play. The priority system somehow manages to simultaneously feel too slow and too fast.

$7.44 for Retro City Rampage is still too much. The game is $5 at best.

I unfortunately believe you, but I'm still tempted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom