• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulLFC

Damnit, US only.. Can I bypass this restriction ? (I'm living in Sweden)

Tnx anyway = )
I use Borderlinx - they give you a real US shipping address, for free. It's supposed to be for ordering physical items which they then ship on to you for a price, but since Amazon downloads don't ship anything, using it for that is free.

Salsa

god dammit Retro City Rampage

these sales should serve as a reminder that I really shouldnt spend all the money I have for them on the first couple days. The first-days-suckness of them tricked me. Gaben is evil.

Sanic

Hopefully this post isn't lost...

I reinstalled Windows the other day. All of my Steam stuff is on a second, separate drive. Problem is that some games just straight up don't work, and others only work if I verify cache integrity. Is there something I need to do here?

GabDX

Banned
I swore I wouldn't buy any game before I went through at least half of my backlog.

...I bought:

Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition
Civilization IV
Botanicula

About $25.

I have it on origin and it controls fine. (As in just like the 360/PS3 versions)

You're sure? I may come off sounding like an asshole, but its just the first one had botched analog controls and when I brought it up everybody acted like I was crazy. If DS2 is properly fixed then I'll gladly vote for it.

codhand

last night i buy a friend far cry 3, cause he says he got no presents from anyone, this morning my boss gives me a $50 gift card his niece gave him, because he said his backlog is too large to need any new games. karma. :0

got:
dead rising 2
trine 2
rochard
rocketbird
sine mora
shank 2
mark of the ninja
deadlight
hotline miami

Deadbeat

Banned
You're sure? I may come off sounding like an asshole, but its just the first one had botched analog controls and when I brought it up everybody acted like I was crazy. If DS2 is properly fixed then I'll gladly vote for it.
Its properly fixed from what I remember. edit: with the vsync off.

I have the PS3 version and got it on origin for free. They both control the same. The only issue I ran into was a tiny bit of input lag from the Vsync.

Edit: You didn't come off like an asshole, you just want to be sure of your purchase, its cool :)

I hope so, I don't remember it being a daily deal yet so if it hasn't been, I'm pretty sure it will be before the sale ends.
Indeed

You can sate your appetite by buying something else in the meantime. Already got Castle Crashers, Endless Space and Hotline Miami to make me feel a bit better. :p

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Tropico 4 is really good, however you MUST buy it WITH Modern Times expansion.

T4 + MT = 10 bucks and it's actually a great deal.

ithorien

The Dude from Just Cause 2 is bringing a Christmas tree

Untitled_zpsd2876b93.png

EDIT: JC2

You wanted the worst? You got the worst.

XRiDn.png

JC2 please.

oZ82G.png

If I win I'll take Just Cause 1, thanks!

I hope I'm not too late.

jPmwP.png

I've always wanted to check out Just Case 2

P7iq3.png

According to Babelfish, the words mean "I love Just Cause 2". I'm sorry.

YIAvc.jpg

Never played a hitman game, I would like to.

I'm super impatient, and since these are all so damn good, just bought you guys extra keys. Merry belated Xmas. Gimme a couple mins to PM.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
In over 120hrs I have never played with a team I knew beforehand and consider the community as one of the best out there. What class do you play? What level are you? Difficulty plays a big role also, everything over 'normal' and the ones who don't play as a team won't make it far.

I didn't play much, because I didn't find the game appealing, but pretty much every gameplay session I had with the game went like this:

Ok, I need to find a place to.... wait, where is everybody. I'll try to follow them.

Oh shit there's a billion monsters coming my way I need to shoot them or I'll die.

Wait, everybody is missing. I guess I'll have to deal with these monsters by myself for now.

Ok, I wasted all my ammo but I killed these monsters and didn't die. Hope I get to the store to buy more ammo.

Oh shit the store closed just as I was getting there, because I can't navigate this fucking map and nobody is helping me, where should I go? Great, half went that way and the other half went that day.

Oh, it doesn't really matter as there are 8 billion exploding monsters coming my way and I only have these 3 pistol shots and I'm dead.

I'm usually a medic. The only good match if Killing Floor I had was during the christmas event where people were actually helping each other out and somebody was calling the shots, like "hey let's weld this door down" or "let's all cover these entrances".

Every other time was fucking mayhem and whatever.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Thinking about tropico 4.
So, the best choice is base game + modern times?

Yup. Tropico 4 alone feels like T3 with some small additional gameplay changes. MT really amps everything and should have been base T4. With that said you can't go wrong with T4MT at 10 bucks.

I know it's a bit outside of the purview of this topic, but I noticed on GMG you can get pretty significant amounts of credit back if you pre-order new games (Like 15 bucks off Bioshock infinite.) Are these safe bets or should I wait and hope for like 25% off vouchers?

Zeeman

Tempted by the Thief collection, although they'd just go right on to the backlog. Are any of the Thief games standouts? Do any of them have trouble with modern systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom